Has dungey won a championship

Edited Date/Time 6/4/2015 11:45am
Has dungey won a championship where his main competitor made it to the end of the season. I am not here to bash dungey either but it has to be frustrating to always have won because the other guy hurt himself. I know his talent is always being consistant and up front for the whole series. But as a racer I would be not be satisfied if I didn't win heads up all the way to the end.
|
racinstation
Fantasy
1912th
6/2/2015 7:46pm
How can you have control over the other guys? I think I would be completely satisfied standing in his shoes most any day of the week. He just does the best he can at every race and has slowly become one of the best racers in the history of this sport.
2thefront
6/2/2015 7:51pm
Sometimes surviving is the best you can do. I don't think he has the talent to go as fast as some others even if he threw caution the wind, but he's still really good. He's not gonna make a living waiting for guys like roczen and Tomac to crash every year, though.

The Shop

DC323
6/2/2015 7:53pm
Every championship Dungey has won, he was the best rider.

He may not have been the fastest. You have to be in it to win it!
bents
Fantasy
909th
6/2/2015 7:54pm
I see, so you think Dungey shouldn't feel good about being on the box every single weekend when his competitors couldn't do it, then he should feel bad about it? The only way to beat the guy is to be on the box every single weekend, without crashing or having a bike failure. You could argue that he lost two championships because of bike malfunctions, so does that mean RV shouldn't feel good about winning those championships? If you look back into the vast majority of mx or sx championships, very rarely has every top dog raced right through to the end of the series without a crash/injury or a bike issue.

That is racing, period. No * for anyone who wins. You either make it to the end of the season or you don't. Dungey could crash and give Roczen the upper hand this weekend, but he probably won't.

I have to say though that it is very impressive that you wouldn't feel satisfied if your main competition, for some reason, couldn't or didn't make it to the end of a series. You are better than most, if not everyone who races.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
6/2/2015 7:55pm
Has dungey won a championship where his main competitor made it to the end of the season. I am not here to bash dungey either but...
Has dungey won a championship where his main competitor made it to the end of the season. I am not here to bash dungey either but it has to be frustrating to always have won because the other guy hurt himself. I know his talent is always being consistant and up front for the whole series. But as a racer I would be not be satisfied if I didn't win heads up all the way to the end.
if these other riders have to ride over their head and crash out to beat me, ill take my millions of dollars in winnings, my attractive wife, and pull the fingers to fucktards on vital that don't give me the credit i deserve,
Xeno
6/2/2015 7:57pm
You race whoever is on the gate.
6/2/2015 7:58pm
DC323 wrote:
Every championship Dungey has won, he was the best rider.

He may not have been the fastest. You have to be in it to win it!
^^^^^ Agree with that statement 100%.
malachi177
6/2/2015 8:04pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2015 8:05pm
Has dungey won a championship where his main competitor made it to the end of the season. I am not here to bash dungey either but...
Your comment isn't just limited to RD.. almost every rider who's won a championship has had some main competition get injured during a race series. It's part of the sport, always has been, alway will. Yet RD always gets the bullshit ** crap.
GIwasB4
6/2/2015 8:04pm
Xeno wrote:
You race whoever is on the gate.
Actually, you race yourself. Everyone else is not paid by your sponsor
2thefront
6/2/2015 8:14pm
malachi177 wrote:
Your comment isn't just limited to RD.. almost every rider who's won a championship has had some main competition get injured during a race series. It's...
Your comment isn't just limited to RD.. almost every rider who's won a championship has had some main competition get injured during a race series. It's part of the sport, always has been, alway will. Yet RD always gets the bullshit ** crap.
I hear what you're saying but if he hadn't lost every single time he raced a series against RV or looked far inferior to roczen indoors and Tomac outdoors this year before they got hurt, I don't think he'd get near as much $#*^. People remember this stuff. Doesn't mean he should have an asterisk, but hard to ignore too.
Hut
6/2/2015 8:18pm
malachi177 wrote:
Your comment isn't just limited to RD.. almost every rider who's won a championship has had some main competition get injured during a race series. It's...
2thefront wrote:
I hear what you're saying but if he hadn't lost every single time he raced a series against RV or looked far inferior to roczen indoors...
I hear what you're saying but if he hadn't lost every single time he raced a series against RV or looked far inferior to roczen indoors and Tomac outdoors this year before they got hurt, I don't think he'd get near as much $#*^. People remember this stuff. Doesn't mean he should have an asterisk, but hard to ignore too.
gerg
6/2/2015 8:19pm
I thought this argument was reserved exclusively to void Chad's titles?
6/2/2015 8:26pm
Oh boy I suppose I should have know better. I think dungey is a champion and a great competitor, I just wonder if he is frustrated never really getting to hand it to rv like rv did to him or in the little bit of this series never really getting to battle tomac for a win.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/2/2015 8:30pm
It does not matter one bit. Dungey rides under control and does not destroy his body like his competitors do. If he chose to ride over his head like the only people that are faster than he is them he would be subject to season ending injuries.

A rider like Dungey is what every sponsor dreams of. Fast enough to podium each week and smart enough to finish the season. He will win many more Championships before his career is over
6/2/2015 8:37pm
I agree with you Kennyt he is a great rider and great for sponsors. That doesn't mean he can't be frustrated. In the last behind supercross show he made a few references how he was getting so frustrated he was thinking of retirement. Personally never getting to show i can dominate this guy who beats me would make me feel like not as great of a champion.
dboivin
6/2/2015 8:39pm
i love tomacs speed and talent.
i love JS7's speed and talent.
i love RV2's speed and talent.

I envy dungeys ability to NOT ride over his head and be in it to win it EVERY season he has been a pro....some of those seasons he's won it when others couldn't.
6/2/2015 8:43pm
Saying that Dungey is the best rider in every championship that his main competitor crashed out of is like saying that Daniel Cormier is the best fighter in the light-heavyweight division.
Carlos Z
6/2/2015 8:44pm
Dungey is 2nd in outdoor wins only to Carmichael. I bet the guy is real real frustrated.
6/2/2015 8:46pm
TripleFive wrote:
Saying that Dungey is the best rider in every championship that his main competitor crashed out of is like saying that Daniel Cormier is the best...
Saying that Dungey is the best rider in every championship that his main competitor crashed out of is like saying that Daniel Cormier is the best fighter in the light-heavyweight division.
Lol I like your analogy
stewie94
6/2/2015 8:46pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2015 8:47pm
Flip109
6/2/2015 8:51pm
I'm sure he's frustrated as hell. NOT. Oh. So your gonna spank my ass for 3 rounds then hurt your self in the process and not show up for the rest of the year?? Mmmkay. Cool! I was there when he was spanking everyone's ass including RV at freestone that year and his bike boiled the gas on the last lap and he basically lost the championship due to that in the end points. I think that same year he caught and passed RV A few times and was the fastest rider. Its a two way street rutards.
newmann
6/2/2015 8:53pm
Damn shame everyone else can't run Dungey's pace without crashing themselves out of the series.

Wink
TeamGreen
6/2/2015 8:58pm
Dumbgeon

That's where all the threads about this BS belong.

New Asterisk Category: anyone who misses the majority of a series has to have an Asterisk next to their name showing that they're NOT RYAN F'N Dungey...who, if I'm not mistaken...has missed fewer races than ANY other Modern 450 Champ (Since MC)
MotoMalyDad
6/2/2015 8:59pm
I might be going out on a limb, but I think Dungey would be able to easily beat anyone on the Vital Boards... yet because he doesn't go George Jetson around everyone on the track and win by 30 seconds...... some people will never respect him as a racer... too cautious, hesitates to make the pass, only wins multiple championships when the top dog goes down....

Post a reply to: Has dungey won a championship

The Latest