Has Pourcel had to pass any riders this year?

IWreckALot
Edited Date/Time 7/14/2014 4:33pm
Other than the start, has Pourcel passed anyone. Seems like he has started at the front and settled to wherever he has finished. Can anyone think of a time he's passed someone to gain a position?
|
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
7/12/2014 2:52pm
I'm not sure .....but I heard Webb wanted none of that Frenchman in the second moto
kongols
7/12/2014 2:54pm
KennyT wrote:
I'm not sure .....but I heard Webb wanted none of that Frenchman in the second moto
LMFAO
MotoX85
7/12/2014 3:53pm
I don't know but he can't pull over fast enough when the Pro Circuit guys pass him.

The Shop

BobbyM
7/12/2014 4:16pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Other than the start, has Pourcel passed anyone. Seems like he has started at the front and settled to wherever he has finished. Can anyone think...
Other than the start, has Pourcel passed anyone. Seems like he has started at the front and settled to wherever he has finished. Can anyone think of a time he's passed someone to gain a position?
check the lap charts from previous races and see for yerself.
7/12/2014 7:06pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2014 7:07pm
He is very puzzling this year. In the first moto he went backwards, then forwards and then backwards. He litterally pulled over to let Webb by in the first moto which had me fuming with a lap to go. In the second moto he practically pulled off to let Bagett by. Seems like he rides a few laps fast and putts for a few. I wonder if he is getting along with the Yanaha.
Rupert X
7/12/2014 7:09pm

Watching him ride a motocross bike, is like watching a foreign film while you're half ******* up, you're not sure what the hell is going on, but you dig seeing it happen....

Coyote
7/12/2014 8:05pm
Rupert X wrote:
Watching him ride a motocross bike, is like watching a foreign film while you're half ******* up, you're not sure what the hell is going on...

Watching him ride a motocross bike, is like watching a foreign film while you're half ******* up, you're not sure what the hell is going on, but you dig seeing it happen....

anybody here know me and my experience with Valli would expect me to jump on the hate Pourcel wagon but gotta hand it to Lanza as I think CP's doing friggin unreal and the season ain't over yet!!
Crush
7/12/2014 10:03pm
I fuckin love watching him ride, he's so good.
JonnyDH84
7/12/2014 10:21pm
Hard to tell whats going on is he just easing himself back in ? Is the fitness not fully there ? Is it a warm up for 450's and he just wants to get through with no injuries. Its hard to tell as I dont think anyones spoken to him . I'm a fan id like to see him win some motos.
7/12/2014 10:32pm
people speak with him all the time.

Why does everyone, including Weigandt and Langston, talk about him like he's some novelty act. He's out there going fast and trying to get better. He's not playing games and enjoying holding guys up.
Jakes Dad
7/13/2014 3:36am
To earn a much needed paycheck he has to podium, and you think he pulls over for other riders?
PressPassP
7/13/2014 5:10am
Dart Board wrote:
people speak with him all the time. Why does everyone, including Weigandt and Langston, talk about him like he's some novelty act. He's out there going...
people speak with him all the time.

Why does everyone, including Weigandt and Langston, talk about him like he's some novelty act. He's out there going fast and trying to get better. He's not playing games and enjoying holding guys up.
Not a huge fan of Langston's commentry personally, great at first but sometimes, I almost think he ends up talking for talking's sake

I'd like to hear more insight on Pourcel,his ride,team,plans etc rather than just basically saying he's a bit of a roadblock Sad
bobby397
7/13/2014 6:57am
Dude came back after almost two years away, now he's filling up the trophy room with Oakley bombs and is running up front . I think he's doing damn well.
KlootZak
7/13/2014 11:15am
I really hope he wins one this year. It will be difficult but with Pourcel, anything can happen. His pace is really good. Just a shame his fitness isn't better (but understandable)
7/13/2014 11:22am
American intensity is his biggest struggle. That's really hard to prepare for and adapt too.
jeffro503
7/13/2014 11:34am
I think he's doing just fine. He definitely has the speed when he wants / needs it. He has a bunch of talent to go along with it. To me.....I see a guy out there playing a chess match. He goes fast , then slows a little........it gets confusing a little , but I think he's just doing what ever his body is letting him do.

I'm happy for the guy. And I'm even more happy he decided to start racing here in the states again. Definitely a big plus for the lites class action.
Tigerinc
7/13/2014 5:24pm
Rupert X wrote:
Watching him ride a motocross bike, is like watching a foreign film while you're half ******* up, you're not sure what the hell is going on...

So true. At times I'll rewind a section just to see what he did there.
IWreckALot
7/13/2014 7:50pm
Coyote wrote:
anybody here know me and my experience with Valli would expect me to jump on the hate Pourcel wagon but gotta hand it to Lanza as...
anybody here know me and my experience with Valli would expect me to jump on the hate Pourcel wagon but gotta hand it to Lanza as I think CP's doing friggin unreal and the season ain't over yet!!
I was genuinely not trying to dog on him. I'm happy to have him back. It just seems like every time I've seen him on the tube, he's got an awesome start, and then settles to wherever the cards fall. Doesn't seem too interested in battling other riders. Just wants to race the track and himself. I dig his racing style. And his starts are hella consistent. I really expected him to be more of a top 10 or 15 but you're right, Yamaha made a good deal signing Pourcel. He's a top 5er easily.
Jefro98
7/14/2014 2:02am
Dart Board wrote:
American intensity is his biggest struggle. That's really hard to prepare for and adapt too.
Yeah must be really hard for guys like CP377 who are new to the US racing scene. DizzySilly
brimx153
7/14/2014 3:58pm
Dart Board wrote:
Jefro98 wrote:
Yeah must be really hard for guys like CP377 who are new to the US racing scene. DizzySilly
x2 he did soo crap the last time he was there ?????, never got the hang of that intensity in 09 and 10
7/14/2014 4:10pm
Don't get all defensive. Pourcel's first go around here was more impressive than Roczen, Musquin, Rattray, Searle, and anyone else I can think of right now.

I am just talking about what I see out there. He gets a good start and immediately looks defensive and uncomfortable with other riders around him. His riding style looks cautious. I've seen a race in person this year. Watching him in practice is one of the most impressive things out there but he has been a different rider come race time.

In 2009 and 2010, he was racing supercross before the nationals which certainly helped him with the intensity. Now he's older. He seems to have developed a little more fear on the track. Since 2011, his career has been riddled with uncertainty, injury, time off, retirement, un-retirement...
tek14
7/14/2014 4:31pm
RV2 going home or Europe 2015.. who would you take to Kawasaki along Millsaps next year?
World champ, SX champ and guy with fastest laps of any race day..

It seems he is slowly pushing race pace up as he learns to setup new bike. Last couple races he been fighting little more than first rounds.
7/14/2014 4:33pm
i hope they give him a one year deal. They could hook him up with a trainer and he'd be the surprise of 2015

Post a reply to: Has Pourcel had to pass any riders this year?

The Latest