Hanny on a 350 next year?

shoe2111
1/19/2011 6:09pm
RMZ you clearly know nothing and have never been on a SX track. You are just a Hansen hater, but facto of the matter is Hanny has turned his life around and now is a big threat. His times put him in the top 10 in the 450 class on a 250, and as far as talent being down I recall vegas last year Hanny pulling a second and there was quite a stacked field. Its guys like RMZ that ruin these forums and are just ignorant!!! Whether you like a guy or not its all about giving credit where credit is do!!!!!
roguemx
1/19/2011 6:11pm
I see Hansen endin' up at Hart & Huntington next year if they are still a PC/Kawi 450 team. Hart loves Hanny and Hanny seems to have a mutual love and respect for him. I think the rejuvenated Hansen would be the perfect image and performer for them.
shoe2111
1/19/2011 6:15pm
Hart could be a good place for Hanny with the PC connection, But Hanny has a huge connection with monster so I dont see Hanny leaving monster. Just a inside feeling I got but hanny is pretty cool with Reed and Mitch is helping Reed out alot this year, I wouldnt be surprised to see twotwo motorsports land Hanny next year.......
But im sure Hanny wont be hurting on opportunities next year if he keeps up the wins and lap times he has been putting down so far this year.
mx5471
1/19/2011 8:00pm
All this talk,but no one can see. KTM can't sign a good rider so they sign DeCoster. The 350 is a bust,Alessi isn't a good pro rider. The best cheater in am's , but not much going on in pro. No one wants to ride the KTM 350,unless it's the only ride they can get.DeCoster is a legend in is own time,but he bit off the biggest challenge of his motocross life with this move. More power to him,but to me it's lookin like the Brett Favre of motocross to me.

The Shop

shoe2111
1/19/2011 8:43pm
I will guarnatee 100% Hanny does not end up with KTM. Hanny rides a 450 year round accept for supercross, why would he want to move up and go to a 350, when he seems to do just fine on that 450 2 golds a bronze and a oz supercross championship!!!! THe KTM job is for desperate riders who have no choices, and im pretty sure Hanny isnt in that category
fader418
1/19/2011 8:49pm
I remember Hanny got 8th place a couple times when he rode for Joe Gibbs. I think he would be right outside the top 5......
bearded clam
1/20/2011 2:21pm
fader418 wrote:
I remember Hanny got 8th place a couple times when he rode for Joe Gibbs. I think he would be right outside the top 5......
as much as you guys all hate it RMZ guy is right. This west lites is weak this year.... Tickle, Davalos and Roczen are all good but not close to the talent in the sx class! Put Hanny on a 450 and he will get flustered and have a season like he had in the lites last year....fast but no success. Im a hanny fan but If you were mitch and wanted someone that could better Fishers factory kawi guys would it be hanny? Im betting not...thinking mitch is gonna have to up the budget a bit.
motomike137
1/20/2011 2:28pm
as much as you guys all hate it RMZ guy is right. This west lites is weak this year.... Tickle, Davalos and Roczen are all good...
as much as you guys all hate it RMZ guy is right. This west lites is weak this year.... Tickle, Davalos and Roczen are all good but not close to the talent in the sx class! Put Hanny on a 450 and he will get flustered and have a season like he had in the lites last year....fast but no success. Im a hanny fan but If you were mitch and wanted someone that could better Fishers factory kawi guys would it be hanny? Im betting not...thinking mitch is gonna have to up the budget a bit.
I may be a dreamer but I have a feeling we are about to see what Josh is really capable of in the next couple of years. He undoubtedly has the skills and it is more a fitness and mental issue which for the time being he seems to be working on very diligently. Maybe I'm just a homer because I see so much of his dad in him out there and I want him to succeed.
dc1236
1/20/2011 2:28pm
If Hansen wins the West Lites Championship this year, couldn't he defend it next year? I thought you had the chance to wear your #1 at least one year.
I know Josh had a lot going on in his life when he rode for H&H a few years ago. Was he released by them or did the separate on good terms? I think that might be the best fit, considering Josh and IT9 have been good buddies for a loooooooonnnnngggg time.
The Rock
1/20/2011 5:34pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2011 5:34pm
shoe2111 wrote:
Hanny is very tight with the guys at monster very tight, also has a lot of respect and loyalty to Mitch for him helping out when...
Hanny is very tight with the guys at monster very tight, also has a lot of respect and loyalty to Mitch for him helping out when Hanny was down. I can guarantee you that Hansen has a good ride next year especially if He takes home the lites title. I can also guarantee you that it wil be with monster and if PC puts a 450 together Hanny will be the first person Mitch asks, He already is the only guy to ride a PC 450 X games OZ. Hansens lap times right now on the 250 puts him in the top 5 in the 450 class. Hes come along way and finally using that talent and skys the limit for him
ah.....once again the lap time comparison between the classes.

Unless the AMA will let Hansen ride a 250F in the 450 class your data is meaningless IMO.

Let's see what lap times he can turn on a 450 before anyone says his times would have him in the top five.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
1/20/2011 6:48pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2011 6:49pm
shoe2111 wrote:
Hanny is very tight with the guys at monster very tight, also has a lot of respect and loyalty to Mitch for him helping out when...
Hanny is very tight with the guys at monster very tight, also has a lot of respect and loyalty to Mitch for him helping out when Hanny was down. I can guarantee you that Hansen has a good ride next year especially if He takes home the lites title. I can also guarantee you that it wil be with monster and if PC puts a 450 together Hanny will be the first person Mitch asks, He already is the only guy to ride a PC 450 X games OZ. Hansens lap times right now on the 250 puts him in the top 5 in the 450 class. Hes come along way and finally using that talent and skys the limit for him
The Rock wrote:
ah.....once again the lap time comparison between the classes. Unless the AMA will let Hansen ride a 250F in the 450 class your data is meaningless...

Unless the AMA will let Hansen ride a 250F in the 450 class your data is meaningless IMO.

Let's see what lap times he can turn on a 450 before anyone says his times would have him in the top five.
Rock,Josh's lap times at X games in the past years on the 450 were pretty solid.
He also had some pretty fast lap times in the mud down under on the 450 at the last race I followed.
I think if he sticks to the same program and keeps progressing,he will surprise some people next year. Wink
And it wouldn't surprise if indeed he turned out to be a top 5 guy next year. Smile
Conkey
1/20/2011 7:05pm
People tend to forget that his X-Games wins and podium were on the 450. He had or was starting to get his shit together when he won the first one. Now if he stepped up the fitness even more, I think he'd be pretty fast on a H&H, PC or Two Two 450 next year. I think it would be cool to see him on a KTM 450 as well. After all the bullshit, I'm just glad that he's working out his issues and having fun.
fader418
1/20/2011 7:21pm
Hansen won't be in the top 5 in 450's. Look at who got 5th last weekend, Dungey....he would be somewhere around where Brayton is.....remember Windham and Brayton just beat him in Australia....
Cygnus
1/20/2011 8:00pm
That KTM 350 is a POS. I bet there won't be one in the 450 SX class next year. As far as Hanny. I am so glad Donnie brought him back here to co and got his head straight. He his showing some potential again. H&H seems like the logical choice for 2012.
shoe2111
1/20/2011 11:15pm
I just dont see Hanny leaving Monster for H&H, Hanny puts down some good lap times on the 450, he has a great relationship with Hart, Hill, Tedesco, Team manager Watson, but he says hes going to stick to the same program which is supercross, X Games, OZ SX and those will all be on a 450 and a MOnster 450. I would love to see MOnster get involved with TWO TWO and Hanny go over there, since TWO TWO and Hanny are close and mitch is close with TWO TWO as well.
cody331
1/20/2011 11:26pm
The Rock wrote:
ah.....once again the lap time comparison between the classes. Unless the AMA will let Hansen ride a 250F in the 450 class your data is meaningless...

wasnt there a rule similar to this in years past? i thought that a rider on the west could ride his 250f in the 450 class on the east... i may be mistaken? if thats the case it would be cool to see him out east this season!
goonrider
1/21/2011 12:51am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2011 12:54am
mxrider225 wrote:
I see him going to H&H next year.
Been there done that...

If he wins the title doesn't the AMA rule book say he can defend his title.
Could he prance around with a #1 plate for Monster in 2012 and still make some serious dough?

crusher773
1/21/2011 9:27am
Cygnus wrote:
That KTM 350 is a POS. I bet there won't be one in the 450 SX class next year. As far as Hanny. I am so...
That KTM 350 is a POS. I bet there won't be one in the 450 SX class next year. As far as Hanny. I am so glad Donnie brought him back here to co and got his head straight. He his showing some potential again. H&H seems like the logical choice for 2012.
you are crazy I have one and its the lightest, nimble with USEABLE power bike I have ever ridden. Definetely not a POS.
RMZ819
1/21/2011 10:37am
mx5471 wrote:
All this talk,but no one can see. KTM can't sign a good rider so they sign DeCoster. The 350 is a bust,Alessi isn't a good pro...
All this talk,but no one can see. KTM can't sign a good rider so they sign DeCoster. The 350 is a bust,Alessi isn't a good pro rider. The best cheater in am's , but not much going on in pro. No one wants to ride the KTM 350,unless it's the only ride they can get.DeCoster is a legend in is own time,but he bit off the biggest challenge of his motocross life with this move. More power to him,but to me it's lookin like the Brett Favre of motocross to me.
Decoster would of never signed with KTM if he was not get great riders. IMO Dungey is orange next yr. KTM is not dicking around.. Short is there to make that KTM better for Dungey next yr.

KTM is not JGR. they are going to dick the dog and hire guys like Cooper, Hanson and Summey, Grayck ect...

Decoster knows that talent rules.

Post a reply to: Hanny on a 350 next year?

The Latest