Hangtown streaming situation

DC
Edited Date/Time 5/20/2013 5:50pm
Gang, I was out on the track all day and my phone was dead in the second motos. I had no idea that there were issues with access for some viewers online in the second motos. I am very sorry for the letdown, I am truly sorry that this did not happen the way we all wanted it to.

We are trying to deliver as much as we can and when there are issues like this, no one is more upset than I am. I am very sorry for the letdown here.

We will try again.

DC
MX Sports
|
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
5/18/2013 7:56pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2013 7:58pm
First in, 17 pager.

And I am sure next week, now that we know what to expect, it will be a little more normal. Vital normal.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
5/18/2013 7:59pm
Is "some people" the people who have a US cable connection, or is it everyone internationally?
DonM
5/18/2013 7:59pm
DC wrote:
Gang, I was out on the track all day and my phone was dead in the second motos. I had no idea that there were issues...
Gang, I was out on the track all day and my phone was dead in the second motos. I had no idea that there were issues with access for some viewers online in the second motos. I am very sorry for the letdown, I am truly sorry that this did not happen the way we all wanted it to.

We are trying to deliver as much as we can and when there are issues like this, no one is more upset than I am. I am very sorry for the letdown here.

We will try again.

DC
MX Sports
Thanks DC
Underdog999
5/18/2013 8:00pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2013 8:02pm
YOu knew it was a possiblility as you stated in the online post about the online viewing for the practices "We are hoping everything works well and smoothy -- first-race jitters -- and it may not be available on some systems, so please check it out early if you can."

Just wish you would have said the same thing about the motos.

The Shop

FlickitFlat
Fantasy
644th
5/18/2013 8:00pm
I'm in around the outside, around the outside. Thanks for the comments and apology to the fans DC. But can we get some updates on the situation from you before the next race? Good or bad it would still be nice to have a clear answer and what to expect.
22Ryann
Fantasy
4098th
5/18/2013 8:01pm
I got to watch both FULL first motos down here in Australia without a single hitch and i'm pumped about it, Thanks DC for your hard work, sure you guys will get it rectified when you can with the second motos.!
RM127
5/18/2013 8:01pm
Don't apologize, just fix the problem then we won't need an apology in the first place.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
5/18/2013 8:02pm
It was a bummer, but just like life, everything doesn't always go as we would like.
Crush
5/18/2013 8:05pm
Honestly, I don't know why you'd post a reasoning for this DC, anyone with half a brain knows you didn't do it on purpose, and have been busting your ass to try make things better. Sometimes shit happens, but until you're charging people for it, much less taking money out of your business budget to provide free content, i'll just say thanks and watch it when I can.
CnCRacing
5/18/2013 8:07pm
Thanks Davey. Can't be perfect all the time. Come on HiPoint!
Shibibly
5/18/2013 8:08pm
I enjoyed the first motos, so thanks for that DC, but I don't think this is going to fix the problem international viewers are having. It even says on somewhere that NBCSN cannot broadcast internationally. I appreciate that Davey is addressing some issues, but in my opinion he can only fix part of the problem, us international viewers are still screwed.
Dsigner
5/18/2013 8:09pm
Woman's EnduroX from Spain was live on ESPN. Who'd of thought.
sozo
5/18/2013 8:10pm
Thanks DC
dkg
5/18/2013 8:13pm
Crush wrote:
Honestly, I don't know why you'd post a reasoning for this DC, anyone with half a brain knows you didn't do it on purpose, and have...
Honestly, I don't know why you'd post a reasoning for this DC, anyone with half a brain knows you didn't do it on purpose, and have been busting your ass to try make things better. Sometimes shit happens, but until you're charging people for it, much less taking money out of your business budget to provide free content, i'll just say thanks and watch it when I can.
This ^^^
5/18/2013 8:14pm
CHARGE YOUR DAMN PHONE, BRO

THE STREAM GOES DOWN ALL OVER THE WORLD BECAUSE DC'S PHONE GOES DEAD. THIS IS A PISS POOR EXCUSE. THE FANS DESERVE BETTER ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY WERE PROMISED THE SECOND MOTOS. I WANT TO DAMN RAINCHECK.
5/18/2013 8:17pm
DC, the more people complain about something the less likely it is change will happen. Do what everyone else does when responding to failed expectations: nothing. Or just mouth through some excuses and carry on as before.

Americans are used to being given the run around. Why stop now?
dkg
5/18/2013 8:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2013 8:18pm
Shibibly wrote:
I enjoyed the first motos, so thanks for that DC, but I don't think this is going to fix the problem international viewers are having. It...
I enjoyed the first motos, so thanks for that DC, but I don't think this is going to fix the problem international viewers are having. It even says on somewhere that NBCSN cannot broadcast internationally. I appreciate that Davey is addressing some issues, but in my opinion he can only fix part of the problem, us international viewers are still screwed.
The problem you reference is a political one primarily up to the collective politicians to fix. I wouldn't hold my breath. Just kind of wondering if an us based proxy server is the answer. I am not techy enough to know, but might be worth looking into.
yamaha385
5/18/2013 8:19pm
909empire wrote:
CHARGE YOUR DAMN PHONE, BRO THE STREAM GOES DOWN ALL OVER THE WORLD BECAUSE DC'S PHONE GOES DEAD. THIS IS A PISS POOR EXCUSE. THE FANS...

THE STREAM GOES DOWN ALL OVER THE WORLD BECAUSE DC'S PHONE GOES DEAD. THIS IS A PISS POOR EXCUSE. THE FANS DESERVE BETTER ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY WERE PROMISED THE SECOND MOTOS. I WANT TO DAMN RAINCHECK.
I think when DC said that his phone was dead, it simply meant that he wasn't aware of the problems at the time. I'm pretty sure DC's phone does not control worldwide streaming access.
5/18/2013 8:21pm
909empire wrote:
CHARGE YOUR DAMN PHONE, BRO THE STREAM GOES DOWN ALL OVER THE WORLD BECAUSE DC'S PHONE GOES DEAD. THIS IS A PISS POOR EXCUSE. THE FANS...

yamaha385 wrote:
I think when DC said that his phone was dead, it simply meant that he wasn't aware of the problems at the time. I'm pretty sure...
I think when DC said that his phone was dead, it simply meant that he wasn't aware of the problems at the time. I'm pretty sure DC's phone does not control worldwide streaming access.
And I'm pretty sure you've got a hook in your mouth.
bigborefan
5/18/2013 8:25pm
DC, just start doing pay-per-view. I will gladly pay to see the races live and not have to go on some Easter egg hunt every weekend. This web site, that web site, this proxy, that proxy, iPad app, iPhone app, Android app. I need an entire IT department to watch a race?
bd
5/18/2013 8:26pm
DC wrote:
Gang, I was out on the track all day and my phone was dead in the second motos. I had no idea that there were issues...

We will try again.

DC
MX Sports
Thank you DC. You have given a lot.... I am grateful
mt798
5/18/2013 8:27pm
har, "my phone was dead", exactly what I tell my girlfriend...
ocscottie
5/18/2013 8:28pm
To clarify, AlliSports kinda through us all for a loop when they waited until inbetween 1st and 2nd motos to tell us (on their twitter) that the 2nd moto stream would only be avail to those who have the "verified" TV providers.

I was surprised we could watch the practice stream, as THAT was the one we knew all along that it would only be for the verified accounts.

The 2nd moto deal was a bummer. Hopefully that can be remedied for future broadcasts?
adastramx
5/18/2013 8:28pm
Thanks DC.

I think a clean no sign-in Allisports.com live stream for both motos is what we're aiming for. So close! I know we'll get there. Thanks for all you do.
5/18/2013 8:35pm
remember when we had to wait a week to see the races on SPEED and were damn happy about that.
you guys are a buncha cryin little bitches
Ive never seen a more entitled group of fairies in my life
flame on
edgo897
5/18/2013 8:35pm
ocscottie wrote:
To clarify, AlliSports kinda through us all for a loop when they waited until inbetween 1st and 2nd motos to tell us (on their twitter) that...
To clarify, AlliSports kinda through us all for a loop when they waited until inbetween 1st and 2nd motos to tell us (on their twitter) that the 2nd moto stream would only be avail to those who have the "verified" TV providers.

I was surprised we could watch the practice stream, as THAT was the one we knew all along that it would only be for the verified accounts.

The 2nd moto deal was a bummer. Hopefully that can be remedied for future broadcasts?
Exactly. And finding out about the verification process as you have to try and do it really sucked. That we weren't made aware of the process ahead of time is really difficult to understand. What's the explanation of that?
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
5/18/2013 8:41pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2013 8:48pm
ocscottie wrote:
To clarify, AlliSports kinda through us all for a loop when they waited until inbetween 1st and 2nd motos to tell us (on their twitter) that...

edgo897 wrote:
Exactly. And finding out about the verification process as you have to try and do it really sucked. That we weren't made aware of the process...
Exactly. And finding out about the verification process as you have to try and do it really sucked. That we weren't made aware of the process ahead of time is really difficult to understand. What's the explanation of that?
My Guess is they sold MXSports on both motos live online on Ali in their contract.
They then used the second motos as a marketing ploy & to reward those already using providers that they had some sorts deals with (NBC Sports).
Basically pulled a fast one.
I would assume via TV/Online stream contract MX Sports thought both motos would be on the same media access platform -that WE all could see/view/access. Just as the first motos were in previous years and were today.
Sounds like MXSports did not know they were going to limit access to the second motos to selected service providers.
5/18/2013 8:42pm
ocscottie wrote:

THANK YOU FOR BEING UPSET AND NOT TAKING THE HIGH ROAD AND THEN DELETING ALL OF OUR CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.
wwoberg
5/18/2013 8:45pm
I am not sure what you all are bitching about. There was a delay between motos. When I tried to re-log on, it made me pick Xfinity (which is my internet supscriper) and enter my email username and password and BOOM. I was watching the second motos. What the hell is your problems?

Post a reply to: Hangtown streaming situation

The Latest