Hangtown folks...

grimey
Edited Date/Time 5/29/2014 7:21pm
I know I'm a week early on this one, but since I have to work this weekend and miss Glen Helen, I just received two tickets to the Hangtown race, with the VIP Coors Light seating.

Now it looks to me like ill be behind the start straight under the canopies. Has anyone sat in this area before? Or could give me any tips on what to expect? I'm sure its badass but the track seating location seems a lil' funky. I went there in '11, had a blast, but in general seating. And do any of you guys camp out during the week leading up to it? looks like a good time...
|
jloucks742
5/22/2014 6:25pm
Great view of the start but not really for the rest of the track.That whole covered area basically sits parallel with the start straight. My favorite spot is the hill next to the uphill double
MXDAD140
5/22/2014 7:16pm
The wife and I are flying out for this race.We've never been to Hangtown.Where will be the best place to be to see most of the track?
Pond Scum
5/22/2014 7:20pm
I like the hillside down from the handicap area or the fence around the finish line.
Bigjimmyd
5/22/2014 7:53pm
Sit on the hill on the west side of the track. We always sit there and it's always a good view of almost all the track. Get there early cause it fills up fast!

The Shop

JM485
5/22/2014 7:57pm
The best places I have found are the the hill area right next to where the riders go under the bridge ( basically behind the starting gate on the right), and the steep uphill right after the first jump. I like the hill area behind the start because you can see about 70% of the track, but it can get really crowded there. The other spot is nice because you can literally reach out and grab riders if you wanted to, but it is pretty brutal to stand on the side of a hill for that long and you can only see that one section. I usually split the day up between the two.
bvm111
5/22/2014 8:42pm
I can't wait to go next weekend this will be my first AMA National and I can't wait! I have only been there once to ride a few months back with Travis from the Kick ass Two stroke thread and it looks for general overall viewing The hill area will provide the best viewing for sure!

Do you know should I buy tickets now or can I just show up? Would love to meet up with some of you crazies if we can!!!

Does anyone know are they running open practice this weekend or should I go to E Street if they are prepping the track for the national?
JM485
5/22/2014 9:37pm
bvm111 wrote:
I can't wait to go next weekend this will be my first AMA National and I can't wait! I have only been there once to ride...
I can't wait to go next weekend this will be my first AMA National and I can't wait! I have only been there once to ride a few months back with Travis from the Kick ass Two stroke thread and it looks for general overall viewing The hill area will provide the best viewing for sure!

Do you know should I buy tickets now or can I just show up? Would love to meet up with some of you crazies if we can!!!

Does anyone know are they running open practice this weekend or should I go to E Street if they are prepping the track for the national?
I have always just bought my ticket there so you should be good. I'm so fricken excited I think some of my friends might think I'm going insane!Woohoo One thing I did last year that was a good idea was bring a small ice chest full of waters that was easy to carry. I was able to get through the gate no issues because there was no glass, and it was a lifesaver since we were in the sun all day, no shade to be seen. We'll have to figure out a vital meeting spot and time as the race gets closer, maybe GuyB will let us party at his trailer!CoolLaughing

Actually, if I were him I'd be putting a barbed wire fence out to keep us away!!!
bvm111
5/22/2014 10:57pm
bvm111 wrote:
I can't wait to go next weekend this will be my first AMA National and I can't wait! I have only been there once to ride...

JM485 wrote:
I have always just bought my ticket there so you should be good. I'm so fricken excited I think some of my friends might think I'm...
I have always just bought my ticket there so you should be good. I'm so fricken excited I think some of my friends might think I'm going insane!Woohoo One thing I did last year that was a good idea was bring a small ice chest full of waters that was easy to carry. I was able to get through the gate no issues because there was no glass, and it was a lifesaver since we were in the sun all day, no shade to be seen. We'll have to figure out a vital meeting spot and time as the race gets closer, maybe GuyB will let us party at his trailer!CoolLaughing

Actually, if I were him I'd be putting a barbed wire fence out to keep us away!!!
Thats a great idea.... Party at Steve's tacoma!!!!

I think he said he is buying beer for all Vital Members!
JM485
5/23/2014 7:21am
bvm111 wrote:

Not 21Shocked , but I do know a lot of people that would take him up on that! Could be an expensive weekend!Woohoo
grimey
5/23/2014 1:41pm
bvm111 wrote:

JM485 wrote:
Not 21Shocked , but I do know a lot of people that would take him up on that! Could be an expensive weekend!Woohoo
So find a tacoma, and ask for the free beer, got it bvm!

Line starts behind me!
IceMan446
5/23/2014 1:49pm
grimey wrote:
I know I'm a week early on this one, but since I have to work this weekend and miss Glen Helen, I just received two tickets...
I know I'm a week early on this one, but since I have to work this weekend and miss Glen Helen, I just received two tickets to the Hangtown race, with the VIP Coors Light seating.

Now it looks to me like ill be behind the start straight under the canopies. Has anyone sat in this area before? Or could give me any tips on what to expect? I'm sure its badass but the track seating location seems a lil' funky. I went there in '11, had a blast, but in general seating. And do any of you guys camp out during the week leading up to it? looks like a good time...
Its great seating. Sure you can get a lot closer to the riders and sitting in the hills is a great spot.

I may suggest this, watch the first motos from the hills and watch the second motos from the VIP tent. Get the best of both worlds and you can take advantage of the VIP area later in the day. The weather is close to 100 for this weekend but its going to cool down for the national. Should be in the 80s that saturday.

The only part of the track you cant really see is the Oak Tree section while in the VIP area. They go out of your view for a couple turns but that's it.

I was lucky enough to get VIP tickets last year and really enjoyed it.
bvm111
5/23/2014 1:58pm
bvm111 wrote:

JM485 wrote:
grimey wrote:
So find a tacoma, and ask for the free beer, got it bvm!

Line starts behind me!
i stand corrected on the tacoma, looks like Guy B was upgraded to a tundra for his summer national tour!

so i will look for you at the vital tundra getting free beers from Steve that he has no knowledge about at this time!!! Tongue

slipdog
5/23/2014 2:49pm
bvm111 wrote:

HT has been closed for the last two weeks to prep for the race, I'm hitting Estreet on Sunday.
grimey
5/23/2014 3:16pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Its great seating. Sure you can get a lot closer to the riders and sitting in the hills is a great spot. I may suggest this...
Its great seating. Sure you can get a lot closer to the riders and sitting in the hills is a great spot.

I may suggest this, watch the first motos from the hills and watch the second motos from the VIP tent. Get the best of both worlds and you can take advantage of the VIP area later in the day. The weather is close to 100 for this weekend but its going to cool down for the national. Should be in the 80s that saturday.

The only part of the track you cant really see is the Oak Tree section while in the VIP area. They go out of your view for a couple turns but that's it.

I was lucky enough to get VIP tickets last year and really enjoyed it.
That sounds like the plan to me!

The tickets weren't cheap but my brother lives in Rescue, which is pretty damn close to the Prarie city ohv park. He's never seen an outdoor national and i figured it would be a cool birthday gift. I'm flying up thursday to surprise him.

Now if they had some tapped kegs under the tent, with a couple Coors Light ladies servin me straight from the tap?
Shiiiiit, I just might not ever leave!
yzken250x
5/23/2014 4:09pm
I will be there sitting up on the hill. I have been going to this race for the last 18 years. Missed it twice. Got drunk ate some bad food, got sick, came home. I was there about 15 years ago and the guys next to us up on the hill had brought in a keg. No lie. Cops stopped them and they said, hey it says no bottles. LOL
BobbyM
5/23/2014 5:10pm
grimey wrote:
I know I'm a week early on this one, but since I have to work this weekend and miss Glen Helen, I just received two tickets...

it will be fine sitting there, nothing matches up on the hill near food vendor row (or the handicap section) but where you will be sitting is great nonetheless.
BobbyM
5/23/2014 5:13pm
yzken250x wrote:
I will be there sitting up on the hill. I have been going to this race for the last 18 years. Missed it twice. Got drunk...
I will be there sitting up on the hill. I have been going to this race for the last 18 years. Missed it twice. Got drunk ate some bad food, got sick, came home. I was there about 15 years ago and the guys next to us up on the hill had brought in a keg. No lie. Cops stopped them and they said, hey it says no bottles. LOL
i remember that time...yup. buck ford was racing that year wasn't he ken?
bvm111
5/23/2014 5:26pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2014 5:27pm
bvm111 wrote:

slipdog wrote:
HT has been closed for the last two weeks to prep for the race, I'm hitting Estreet on Sunday.
Thanks for the info slip, I'll be there Sunday I hope to see you there!

You won't miss me on 06 KX250 I'm chubby and slow so I'll try to stay out of everyone's way!
slipdog
5/23/2014 6:31pm
bvm111 wrote:
Thanks for the info slip, I'll be there Sunday I hope to see you there! You won't miss me on 06 KX250 I'm chubby and slow...
Thanks for the info slip, I'll be there Sunday I hope to see you there!

You won't miss me on 06 KX250 I'm chubby and slow so I'll try to stay out of everyone's way!
I keep an eye out for you, I'll be fogging the track with premix on a YZ 250.
grimey
5/27/2014 10:14pm
So who's gonna be there?

Any of you guys going to be at both rounds?
5/27/2014 10:21pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2014 10:22pm
I'll be there. Probably up on the hill by the S section for most of the day.

And I was there last weekend.

Gotta take advantage of the 2 cali races. Might even make the drive up to washougal in July.
SoCal Mama
5/28/2014 12:18am
grimey..profile pic taken from Coors Seating. Bleachers face mechanics area and back up against side of Starting gate. Access to bleachers is through rider track entrance / exit. View of probably 75% of track. Hope this helps.
brandon151
5/28/2014 2:07am
so hometown track and race for me... the coors seating is cool because of shade of course and you dont have to haul around lawn chairs and such. ive been to the national so many times i cant really count. my favorite thing to do though is just walk around the entire time and check out each spot of the track. you can get pretty much right next to the track at anytime of the day, and usually it doesnt get so crowded to where you cant see anything. the upper parts of the hill though you can pretty much see the whole track!
NorcalVet
5/28/2014 9:35pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2014 9:36pm
..... secret vid showing the track layout.... shhhhhhhh.

looks like it's going to get rough and rutttttty, and they opened up some fun sections

JM485
5/28/2014 9:50pm
Ill be there for sure. Maybe we can try to meet up at some spot after the first motos during the break or something? I have it on good confidence that Raining Yellow will make a long awaited appearance.

NorcalVet, that track looks great!!! I love the new step up in the back before the drop off, can they keep that after the race so mortal riders can hit it? Also, how the heck did you get to ride the track!? I'm so jealous right now it's not even funny!Tongue
Crush
5/28/2014 9:54pm
NorcalVet wrote:
..... secret vid showing the track layout.... shhhhhhhh.

looks like it's going to get rough and rutttttty, and they opened up some fun sections

Looks like it needs to be about 6-9 feet wider!

Pretty narrow to me!
NorcalVet
5/28/2014 10:04pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2014 10:06pm
JM485 wrote:
Ill be there for sure. Maybe we can try to meet up at some spot after the first motos during the break or something? I have...
Ill be there for sure. Maybe we can try to meet up at some spot after the first motos during the break or something? I have it on good confidence that Raining Yellow will make a long awaited appearance.

NorcalVet, that track looks great!!! I love the new step up in the back before the drop off, can they keep that after the race so mortal riders can hit it? Also, how the heck did you get to ride the track!? I'm so jealous right now it's not even funny!Tongue
not mine.... Moe's/ priveys for being a DD

--- most of it might still be left after except the big hits

I i know there's a OTMX ride day & OT 5 moto National coming up soon after this weekend there
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/28/2014 10:08pm
JM485 wrote:
I have always just bought my ticket there so you should be good. I'm so fricken excited I think some of my friends might think I'm...

Ha! I'll be in the pits, no barbed wire. BYO Beverages.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
5/29/2014 7:14am
I like the east side hills up by the red bull step up. I feel like you can see the most of the track there. Right behind the finish line jump is awesome too but, you have to lay your stake in the a.m. If you want a spot there.
yzjs7
5/29/2014 7:28am
I'll be there Smile

Post a reply to: Hangtown folks...

The Latest