HUGE batch of GoPro helmet cam footage from S'wick

ocscottie
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 4:30am
GoPro really gave us a treat this week from the sands of Southwick with riders Gareth Swanepoel, Ricky Dietrich, Kyle Cunningham, Ryan Sipes, Darryn Durham and Alex Martin...

Check them all out HERE

They really made my day a lot brighter, i love helmet cams, thanks GoPro dudes! Cool
|
Clutchy
8/30/2011 4:43pm
Does Swanepoels make your hair stand on end or what...................................Wink
ocscottie
8/30/2011 4:50pm
Clutchy wrote:
Does Swanepoels make your hair stand on end or what...................................Wink
HELL YEEAAA!!! I loved how they started the camera rolling early so we go the whole pre-race jitters and anticipation before the gate drops, that is the best feeling in the world!!! I have re-watched that about 5 or 6 times already.

Those wrenches were pretty fart smellers how they cover up the plate on the gate so it doesnt get wet.
ocscottie
8/30/2011 5:16pm
I also just put THIS ONE up, pretty interesting timing to do a 'Setup" vid with Dungey and Goose...dontcha think? That is one sexy machine though. Cool
Clutchy
8/30/2011 5:29pm
Strange how I get the jump every time I watch it...................Silly

The Shop

ocscottie
8/30/2011 6:31pm
Clutchy wrote:
Strange how I get the jump every time I watch it...................Silly
HAR!! you never let me down Chris, always give me a good laugh and a smile. Thx buddy! i have needed it the last few days Smile
skidsteer16
8/30/2011 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2011 7:02pm
Thanks Scottie Cool

Now that classes started again it's tough to stay on top of everything I love to see in the moto world. Having it all here, or links to it, is really helpful!

As for the vids...hot damn! These guys ride sand so well it makes my head spin!
Some day....some day. No wait... that shit ain't ever happenin.
ocscottie
8/30/2011 7:03pm
Thanks Scottie B) Now that classes started again it's tough to stay on top of everything I love to see in the moto world. Having it...
Thanks Scottie Cool

Now that classes started again it's tough to stay on top of everything I love to see in the moto world. Having it all here, or links to it, is really helpful!

As for the vids...hot damn! These guys ride sand so well it makes my head spin!
Some day....some day. No wait... that shit ain't ever happenin.
No prob Andy, i have been meaning to ask, what are you studying?
skidsteer16
8/30/2011 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2011 12:58am
ocscottie wrote:
No prob Andy, i have been meaning to ask, what are you studying?
Majoring in Construction Management and Civil Engineering Technology.
dboivin
8/30/2011 7:31pm
Swanepoels is the best one this year for me. love it.
Hut
8/30/2011 8:46pm
Those are great! gets the heart rate up just riding along with Swanepoel! Cool
jemcee
8/30/2011 10:07pm
the Swanepoel one has been the best one since Durham's from ahh high point?
definately got my adrenaline runnin
one of my favourite things about it is he doesn't take one look back the whole lap it'd have to be daunting runnin in front of all those dudes
ocscottie
8/30/2011 10:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2011 10:22pm
jemcee wrote:
the Swanepoel one has been the best one since Durham's from ahh high point? definately got my adrenaline runnin one of my favourite things about it...
the Swanepoel one has been the best one since Durham's from ahh high point?
definately got my adrenaline runnin
one of my favourite things about it is he doesn't take one look back the whole lap it'd have to be daunting runnin in front of all those dudes
I was thinking about ya and how much you are going to love that one Johnny..

Like i said in that above post, i just love how it started filming early, really make you feel like you are on the gate, and that last few 1 or 2 seconds before it falls, your ONLY focus in the world is on you and the gate itself, NOTHING else in the world matters.

I loved starts, and pulled many a holey in my time Cool

couple of my favs:

Argyle Park (Dixon)

and this was the lead i had just after the 3rd corner...5 laps later i blew a rod and locked her up tight

you guys probably remember Danny Paladino? that is him on the inside riding the Honda
jemcee
8/30/2011 10:41pm
classic pics scottie is that Lackey replica Arai ya wearin?
oh man that's where you and I were different I couldn't buy a start I came second in a (I think) 8 or 9 round series (QLD sunny state) with three races a round and I can remember gettin straight passed maybe 4 or 5 times haha and not cause I was super fast but because I was always nearly last around the first turn god it used to give me the shits

maybe that's why I had my accident cause i think it had a pretty good start and i didn't know what to do without 10 blokes in front of me haha
ocscottie
8/30/2011 10:48pm
Ya it was, i loved that helmet! my parents never let me wear open face, so when me and my best bro Chris Neal would go practicing up at hollister, we had a flat screwdriver stashed out in the bushes and would ride away from camp and take the faceguard off lol

jemcee
8/31/2011 12:46am
ocscottie wrote:
Ya it was, i loved that helmet! my parents never let me wear open face, so when me and my best bro Chris Neal would go...
Ya it was, i loved that helmet! my parents never let me wear open face, so when me and my best bro Chris Neal would go practicing up at hollister, we had a flat screwdriver stashed out in the bushes and would ride away from camp and take the faceguard off lol

haha I used to see photos in the mags of the factory dudes runnin the open face and thought they looked cool I blame that oakley ad, but I couldn't shake the thought of what would happen to my face if i crashed haha
ocscottie
8/31/2011 12:58pm
I was wearing is as an open face with Oakleys an oldschool Oakley face mask when i had my accident, my goggles were ripped completely off my helmet, the only other mark on my entire body (besides a broken spine) was a small little scratch on my chin.

Remember this Oakley face mask?
jemcee
9/1/2011 2:31am
ocscottie wrote:
I was wearing is as an open face with Oakleys an oldschool Oakley face mask when i had my accident, my goggles were ripped completely off...
I was wearing is as an open face with Oakleys an oldschool Oakley face mask when i had my accident, my goggles were ripped completely off my helmet, the only other mark on my entire body (besides a broken spine) was a small little scratch on my chin.

Remember this Oakley face mask?
oh wow really? so I could've run that set up haha
you know what's weird though, my helmet only had two scratches (well gouges to the shell to be fair) one on the top and one at the back but nowhere near as bad as i would have thought, I would show you a pic but my dad, for some reason tried to fix my helmet and repainted it, yeah I wasn't real happy
you'd think in both of our crashes that our helmets would be trashed.. app we don't need helmets that bad haha

(oh by the way, I've only got my email settings so that it only goes to my email if someone quotes a post so that's why i ignored ya until now haha)
ocscottie
9/1/2011 3:21am
Damn John, my helmet looked like it had been tied to the back of a truck and driven down the road! I must of done over 20 somersaults / cartwheels. Dude I am still kicking myself (if i could lol) for giving away ALL my gear and tons of shit to all the kids in my neighborhood just a little while after i got hurt. At the time i didnt really give a shit, im sure you can relate. Wish i would of held onto a few things, just for old times sake.

oh...and to add insult to injury, the prices old gear is going for on ebay is just ridiculous! and i had TONS of gear. Wish i would of, at the least, held onto one jersey and kept that helmet.

I do still have everything from when i was racing my Pilot. I have a really bitchen pair of Oakleys that my bro Nealer scored me that only Oakley riders got back then, and tons of cool Fox stuff that they hooked me up with. No way in hell was getting rid of my jerseys that have my #1's printed on them after winning a title Cool

Damn i have been fully rambling on tonight, cant sleep and its after 3am Dizzy
jemcee
9/1/2011 4:05am
haha put yaself to bed mate
oh that's right I remember reading ya story a long time ago you crashed down a cliff or something like that didn't you? so yeah I guess ya helmet would've been trashed
that pilot stuff looks cool I don't think we ever had it over here the closest thing I saw was I think they called it an odyssey dunno what motors they had in them or anything... do they still run races over there?

yeah I didn't have a heap of gear but I gave 4 or 5 surf boards away that I could've gotten some money for haha
ocscottie
9/1/2011 4:21am
"I remember reading ya story a long time ago you crashed down a cliff or something... "

Yea, here is the blog about my bail: The Day That Changed My Life Forever

Odysseys are piles of shit! that is what i started with, Magoo hooked me up with one and that got me started, this was one of my fav pics riding that POS, and speaking of surfing, check out the roost coming off the front wheel, kinda reminds me of a wave lol

Ok i got to try and hit the sack...which i have been doing for the last 3 hours or so! lol ill shoot you and email later and show ya some of my old memorabilia.

Take it easy buddy! Cool

HAR! dude i just noticed your sig, that is classic!

Post a reply to: HUGE batch of GoPro helmet cam footage from S'wick

The Latest