HTF can you not like Pourcel?

Cook441
9/6/2010 11:19am
Billy Jack wrote:
A part of the problem is that these days, at least on this board, not liking Pourcel is tantamount to being an American bigot. That's simply...
A part of the problem is that these days, at least on this board, not liking Pourcel is tantamount to being an American bigot. That's simply not true. I don't particularly care about several riders, both Americans and one French rider (Pourcel). While he may be a pleasure to watch ride, he is a bit arrogant (remember his name calling of Dungey and his comments about the 250 title that year?), and I have never heard him say that he was beat. There is always a bike problem or some kind of deal going on with him. I don't like that type of attitude and that is a big reason why I enjoy Dungey. It has nothing to do with his nationality.

Out of curiosity, how many of the members here who are not American want Canard to take the title over Pourcel?
Don't get me wrong..I like him. I do remember him calling out RD and now he is kind of in the same situation as RD was last year. In the last press conf- he was asked how he would handle the last race and he stated I will win- I think it's important to show these guys why I am the champion and beat them all- So like him or not he is consistant in his beliefs...Dungey did the right thing and is champ, however how can you not like the bravery and honor CP speaks of?
Outsider
9/6/2010 12:50pm
Outsider wrote:
All the comments I've read about him being cocky and this and that, blah, blah. "He's French, so he's a dick". Ignorance is bliss I guess...
All the comments I've read about him being cocky and this and that, blah, blah. "He's French, so he's a dick". Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Seems like a totally normal, cool, kid just like Canard. I'll admit TC wasn't my fave after running RV into that finish line structure, lol, but I really like both these kids. They've both been through a lot, too. I don't know who to root for at Pala!

Future of moto looks bright with these guys, and the others coming up, and coming back. Smile
You nailed it.
pamoto
9/6/2010 12:55pm
Watch the Transworld "How was your weekend video?". Pourcel tells Trey good ride with a pat on the back and that he was wide open but couldn't beat him, pretty cool of Pourcel to do that.

I was in the pits and Pourcel was talking to somebody and fan after fan came up to him for an autograph and obliged and was very polite.
bullpen58
9/6/2010 12:57pm
Pourcel has the best style of anyone. He is smoothe and you can tell he conserves energy when he rides.

The Shop

burnside
9/6/2010 1:12pm
pamoto wrote:
Watch the Transworld "How was your weekend video?". Pourcel tells Trey good ride with a pat on the back and that he was wide open but...
Watch the Transworld "How was your weekend video?". Pourcel tells Trey good ride with a pat on the back and that he was wide open but couldn't beat him, pretty cool of Pourcel to do that.

I was in the pits and Pourcel was talking to somebody and fan after fan came up to him for an autograph and obliged and was very polite.
I was going to say the exact thing. Problem is, if a couple of guys watch that video there will be nothing left to hate on ;-)

I think both of them are awesome, if you also listen to Canard's podcast on Pulp MX he gives Pourcel a lot of respect for dealing with some of the shitty fans. I've actually become more a fan of Canard through this action even though i've been rooting for CP the whole time.

If Canard pulls this off it will be a gallant effort, but would love to see Pourcel take it. Just think his story is insane. i mean, to come from a wheel chair to winning the first SX full championship he ever entered... blah, blah.

Hopefully all this action follows them into the 450 class!
chrisbuehler
9/6/2010 6:07pm
He is extremely cocky although he is getting knocked off his high horse now. He makes excuses almost every time he doesn't win. He is a...
He is extremely cocky although he is getting knocked off his high horse now. He makes excuses almost every time he doesn't win. He is a prick to fans who try to approach him half the time. That about sums up why I can't stand him... Before you ask YES I have witnessed this first hand. We have travel to a lot of races through the years.
From the guy who started a thread that he would never win a 450 race. Pourcel hauls the mail and I could care less if he's a foreigner winning in our series. I like the guy the more I see him race and the language barrier seems to be fading. His last couple interviews have been great. Oh and didn't he say he was going WFO and couldn't pass Trey?
Weeks381fan
9/6/2010 6:28pm
I never boo anyone. Don't put me in the same group with the redneck drunks at the Nationals. I didn't like Stewart for a very long time because of the way he treated my kids at some of the races during autographs. Maybe I have the guy pegged all wrong. Maybe he is changing a bit...
oldAFI
9/6/2010 6:37pm
I never boo anyone. Don't put me in the same group with the redneck drunks at the Nationals. I didn't like Stewart for a very long...
I never boo anyone. Don't put me in the same group with the redneck drunks at the Nationals. I didn't like Stewart for a very long time because of the way he treated my kids at some of the races during autographs. Maybe I have the guy pegged all wrong. Maybe he is changing a bit...
Oh you're poor kid, if only Stewart would focus more on your kid and less on racing the world would be a better place.
9/6/2010 6:42pm
I dislike the kid because he will end up with an hot American girl, ala DV12. Frenchmen suck.
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
9/6/2010 7:44pm
just think of this... For a while after Glen Helengate we were going to be short a national until Pala came in. We would have been done after Delmont. That would have totally sucked since I think this final round is going to be an absolute barn burner.
Trent179
9/6/2010 9:00pm
I don't even want to watch Pala.... I hate to see either of these kids loose! Both have their own great personalities! Trying to figure out why I used to dislike CP. I love his sense of humor, I'm pretty sure a lot of peeps don't pick up on it and take it as him being cocky.
Weeks381fan
9/7/2010 7:56am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2010 7:58am
I never boo anyone. Don't put me in the same group with the redneck drunks at the Nationals. I didn't like Stewart for a very long...
oldAFI wrote:
Oh you're poor kid, if only Stewart would focus more on your kid and less on racing the world would be a better place.
STFU you moron. If it wasn't for the fans there would be no mx! Multiple times when JS was younger I saw him blow off kids, not just my kids. If someone stands in line for two hours to get your damn autograph, put a smile on your face and say hi to the kids that pass through. They are the future of our sport in case you're to ignorant to understand that too. Now that he has matured some he is a completely different guy in the pits and that's good for everyone involved.
peelout719
9/7/2010 8:58am
every time there is a pourcel thread you can rest assured that weeksfan will show up and show how much of an ignorant twat he is.
raddad
9/7/2010 9:11am
I seem to see Him changing as the season goes on, he was cocky and made lots of excuses for sure in the past. I think he tries very hard to change his ways lately so the comments about RD5 and others will eventually fade away and he could become accepted here and in his home country as time passes. If you look at film of him in interviews now compared to earlier you can see how he tries to avoid putting riders down or making as many excuses about why he loses races. At least he's trying, gotta respect that and his riding!
plowboy
9/7/2010 10:23am
I've been into moto since the early 70's and I honestly can't remember ever disliking a rider. I was a little up in arms with some of the commie riders tactics way back but even as a snot nosed kid I knew they were only doing what they were told. I've been surprised, confused, befuddled, frustrated...but never considered hating on anyone even when they beat "my" guy/guys. I just don't get it. I don't think there has ever been a rider that absolutely everyone loved. Some got close...Roger D (not sure what Heikki would say)...Tony D (some would say he wasn't serious enough), Bimbo (people say he was crazy for not getting off that Bultaco sooner)...I'm sure you folks more connected to the sport can think of others. I guess the point I'm rambling toward is that these guys aren't perfect but ain't no reason to be a hatin'.
Weeks381fan
9/7/2010 11:02am
peelout719 wrote:
every time there is a pourcel thread you can rest assured that weeksfan will show up and show how much of an ignorant twat he is.
And then you come right behind me like a lost puppy licking his balls.

Post a reply to: HTF can you not like Pourcel?

The Latest