HTF can you not like Pourcel?

Outsider
9/6/2010 9:11am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 9:54pm
All the comments I've read about him being cocky and this and that, blah, blah. "He's French, so he's a dick". Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Seems like a totally normal, cool, kid just like Canard. I'll admit TC wasn't my fave after running RV into that finish line structure, lol, but I really like both these kids. They've both been through a lot, too. I don't know who to root for at Pala!

Future of moto looks bright with these guys, and the others coming up, and coming back. Smile
|
JW381
9/6/2010 9:12am
Him and Canard are probably my 2 favorite riders.
Highsider
9/6/2010 9:15am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2010 9:20am
"Ignorance is ignorance"

And here is the forecast for the National's weather:
Saturday September 11
Sunny
High 71°
Low 56°<
Equalizer, as far as weather.
Prediction: Both Canard and Pourcel win one moto, with the rest up in the air
DanDunes818
9/6/2010 9:24am
Outsider wrote:
All the comments I've read about him being cocky and this and that, blah, blah. "He's French, so he's a dick". Ignorance is bliss I guess...
All the comments I've read about him being cocky and this and that, blah, blah. "He's French, so he's a dick". Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Seems like a totally normal, cool, kid just like Canard. I'll admit TC wasn't my fave after running RV into that finish line structure, lol, but I really like both these kids. They've both been through a lot, too. I don't know who to root for at Pala!

Future of moto looks bright with these guys, and the others coming up, and coming back. Smile
x2

I will be happy with whichever one wins the title. Both are great competitors and both want it so bad obviously.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
9/6/2010 9:32am
Anyone who hates Pourcel is a communist...

The Shop

Billy Jack
9/6/2010 9:37am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2010 9:38am
A part of the problem is that these days, at least on this board, not liking Pourcel is tantamount to being an American bigot. That's simply not true. I don't particularly care about several riders, both Americans and one French rider (Pourcel). While he may be a pleasure to watch ride, he is a bit arrogant (remember his name calling of Dungey and his comments about the 250 title that year?), and I have never heard him say that he was beat. There is always a bike problem or some kind of deal going on with him. I don't like that type of attitude and that is a big reason why I enjoy Dungey. It has nothing to do with his nationality.

Out of curiosity, how many of the members here who are not American want Canard to take the title over Pourcel?
Outsider
9/6/2010 9:38am
Highsider wrote:
"Ignorance is ignorance" And here is the forecast for the National's weather: Saturday September 11 Sunny High 71° Low 56°< Equalizer, as far as weather. Prediction...
"Ignorance is ignorance"

And here is the forecast for the National's weather:
Saturday September 11
Sunny
High 71°
Low 56°<
Equalizer, as far as weather.
Prediction: Both Canard and Pourcel win one moto, with the rest up in the air
It pains me to say it, but I can't wait to go to Pala... Dry
Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
9/6/2010 9:43am
Billy Jack wrote:
A part of the problem is that these days, at least on this board, not liking Pourcel is tantamount to being an American bigot. That's simply...
A part of the problem is that these days, at least on this board, not liking Pourcel is tantamount to being an American bigot. That's simply not true. I don't particularly care about several riders, both Americans and one French rider (Pourcel). While he may be a pleasure to watch ride, he is a bit arrogant (remember his name calling of Dungey and his comments about the 250 title that year?), and I have never heard him say that he was beat. There is always a bike problem or some kind of deal going on with him. I don't like that type of attitude and that is a big reason why I enjoy Dungey. It has nothing to do with his nationality.

Out of curiosity, how many of the members here who are not American want Canard to take the title over Pourcel?
Honestly I love Pourcel, but I would love to see Canard take the title. Met his mom at the Toronto SX this year and she did a damn good job raising him.

Not American by the way..
iudi2006
Fantasy
346th
9/6/2010 9:44am
Billy Jack wrote:
A part of the problem is that these days, at least on this board, not liking Pourcel is tantamount to being an American bigot. That's simply...

After you mentioned it i just noticed your right. Pourcel is never beat. Everytime he gets second on the podium there's something wrong with the "bike". He's still a great rider though and i like him. No one's perfect. Well maybe Ryan Dungey. Haha
downandup
9/6/2010 9:45am
Hi of 71 at Pala? Are you living in dreamland?

Anyway, Pourcel is the man. Like him much better than Canard. Trey is a great rider, has lots of grit and talent. Trey is too goofy for me. I like Pourcel's style on and off the track. Cool dude.
Weeks381fan
9/6/2010 9:47am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2010 9:48am
He is extremely cocky although he is getting knocked off his high horse now. He makes excuses almost every time he doesn't win. He is a prick to fans who try to approach him half the time. That about sums up why I can't stand him... Before you ask YES I have witnessed this first hand. We have travel to a lot of races through the years.
kongols
9/6/2010 9:51am
He is extremely cocky although he is getting knocked off his high horse now. He makes excuses almost every time he doesn't win. He is a...
He is extremely cocky although he is getting knocked off his high horse now. He makes excuses almost every time he doesn't win. He is a prick to fans who try to approach him half the time. That about sums up why I can't stand him... Before you ask YES I have witnessed this first hand. We have travel to a lot of races through the years.
When you stand next to his tent and boo him no wonder he`s a prick to you.
TMV
9/6/2010 9:53am
Outsider wrote:
All the comments I've read about him being cocky and this and that, blah, blah. "He's French, so he's a dick". Ignorance is bliss I guess...

As a rider CP is incredible and so is Canard. I have a lot of respect for both too. But humanely speaking, I assure you there's a huge difference between those 2 guys.
downandup
9/6/2010 9:56am
"As a rider CP is incredible and so is Canard. I have a lot of respect for both too. But humanely speaking, I assure you there's a huge difference between those 2 guys. "

Spill it!!!

What's the difference?
oldx
9/6/2010 10:08am
I'm just going to enjoy watching both of them and I'll be thinking too bad both can't win.
9/6/2010 10:11am
downandup wrote:
"As a rider CP is incredible and so is Canard. I have a lot of respect for both too. But humanely speaking, I assure you there's...
"As a rider CP is incredible and so is Canard. I have a lot of respect for both too. But humanely speaking, I assure you there's a huge difference between those 2 guys. "

Spill it!!!

What's the difference?
Well, actually, Cee Pee isn't by far the most popular french rider in his home country, you know...
calimxer91
9/6/2010 10:12am Edited Date/Time 8/30/2011 4:22pm
calimxer91
9/6/2010 10:17am
Somebody said Canard got on the mic and shut the booing up .Any footage anywhere of that?
downandup
9/6/2010 10:21am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2010 10:21am
Didn't know he wasn't liked in France. Why not?

I don't know much about him other than what I see here in the US.
Highsider
9/6/2010 10:26am
downandup wrote:
Hi of 71 at Pala? Are you living in dreamland? Anyway, Pourcel is the man. Like him much better than Canard. Trey is a great rider...

Anyway, Pourcel is the man. Like him much better than Canard. Trey is a great rider, has lots of grit and talent. Trey is too goofy for me. I like Pourcel's style on and off the track. Cool dude.
Maybe the weather service is celebrating Labor Day:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USCA0825

Realistic would be 81-degrees, right? Add in the cool breeze from Oceanside!
jeffro503
9/6/2010 10:28am
I dig CP.......as I haven't ever really seen a reason "not" to like him.

Cocky??........pffft!.........that cockyness isn't anything like some of the American riders we have had here!

Jeff matasivich ( spelling?)
Damon Bradshaw
James Stewart
Bob Hannah

and countless others! Besides the fact.......i think some people mistake cocky for confidence ! And IF he is a little cocky......who cares! You are only seeing a few of the 40 riders getting interviewed every week that make it on the box......and IF you think some of those other 37 guys aren't cocky......you are seriously mistaken!

I've met and rode with some of the fastest pro's out here in the NW over the years........and some of them were so cocky that after about 5 minutes after meeting them , i wanted to punch them in the face!
ando
9/6/2010 10:28am
I like Pourcel. I was cheering for him to get past Canard on Sat.

For me, it's about what the guys do on the track, couldn't really care about their interview personalities etc.

All things being equal, I would probably cheer for a non-American rider in the AMA series. Not because I don't like Americans, but I like supporting underdogs and any foreign rider competing in the US is doing it just that little bit harder.
downandup
9/6/2010 10:33am
downandup wrote:
Hi of 71 at Pala? Are you living in dreamland? Anyway, Pourcel is the man. Like him much better than Canard. Trey is a great rider...

Highsider wrote:
Maybe the weather service is celebrating Labor Day:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USCA0825

Realistic would be 81-degrees, right? Add in the cool breeze from Oceanside!
Cool breeze from O'side? What a joke! By the time it gets there, the hot land mass has warmed it considerably. Have you ever been to Pala? I have ridden there numerous times, and believe me, that wind is not that "cool". I watched the news last night and Saturday's forecast for inland is supposed to be 85. Nowhere near 71. Dream on!
Highsider
9/6/2010 10:36am
downandup wrote:
Cool breeze from O'side? What a joke! By the time it gets there, the hot land mass has warmed it considerably. Have you ever been to...
Cool breeze from O'side? What a joke! By the time it gets there, the hot land mass has warmed it considerably. Have you ever been to Pala? I have ridden there numerous times, and believe me, that wind is not that "cool". I watched the news last night and Saturday's forecast for inland is supposed to be 85. Nowhere near 71. Dream on!
In May I rode Perris, Milestone, El Mirage, Comp Edge and twice at Pala, but it was before the summer really hit.
I only have what I can see on the weather sites. You guys have to set me straight.Cool
downandup
9/6/2010 10:39am
It's no big deal really. It can be really hot at Pala this time of year. It can switch from day to day. Glad you came out this way to ride! Hope you liked it. May is a great time of year to ride out this way!
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
9/6/2010 10:56am
He is extremely cocky although he is getting knocked off his high horse now. He makes excuses almost every time he doesn't win. He is a...
The way you perceive him in public is the same way many perceive you on this board.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
9/6/2010 10:56am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2010 10:58am
damnit, I double posted!
9/6/2010 10:58am
Like the way he tore a sweaty jersey off his back and gave it to a fan after the second moto at Unadilla? Sounds like he hates his fans. He seemed very friendly to the crowd from the 10 feet away I was standing at the Freestone podium.
kongols
9/6/2010 11:00am
I read somewhere that he is very antiGP and very proNationals
jamma10
9/6/2010 11:04am
Billy Jack wrote:

I've been rooting for Pourcel for most of the season because I think his talent deserves to be recognised with a Lites title, especially after the gate thing and his mechanical failure last year.

However Canard has really stepped up his game in recent weeks and if he wins the title then fair play - the kids an incredible rider and will deserve it 100%. I really don't mind who wins the championship now to be honest.
ridge
9/6/2010 11:08am
I thought I heard CP say that he tried his best to beat Trey in the second moto but couldn't do it.

I like the mutual respect they have for each other. I thought it was really cool when I read that Trey told the fans to stop booing CP.

I want to see a great race at Pala and I will be happy regardless who wins it.

CP has overcome so much to get back to the top of such a brutal sport. To do so in a country where most people don't like the French is even more difficult.

Trey is like the all American kid with a great upbringing and good morals (nothing to do with religion.) I want to see him win for his dad as well. Trey is someone I am proud to call an American.

Post a reply to: HTF can you not like Pourcel?

The Latest