HRC stepping up with?

Harbo776
Heard this mentioned a couple of times during this off season. "HRC is stepping up their motocross program in the us and Europe"

They say it is with electronics inspired from MotoGP.

I was just wondering if anyone, had a bit more detailed knowledge about what it is?
|
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
12/17/2016 11:40am
They're spending a lot of money to get back to the top in SX/MX, starting with the addition of Roczen and the introduction of new data acquisition technology that is supposed to be insanely cool.

Will they get where they want to go this year? It's going to be exciting to see.
Harbo776
12/17/2016 11:47am
Insanely cool data acquisition technology.

I dont know why. I sound a bit TV shop'ish to me. How cool and different can this be?
Maybe it is a "look how great this thing, you cant see" stunt from Honda.
Motofinne
12/17/2016 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 12/17/2016 12:28pm
MX Guy wrote:
They're spending a lot of money to get back to the top in SX/MX, starting with the addition of Roczen and the introduction of new data...
They're spending a lot of money to get back to the top in SX/MX, starting with the addition of Roczen and the introduction of new data acquisition technology that is supposed to be insanely cool.

Will they get where they want to go this year? It's going to be exciting to see.
It didn't start with Roczen.

It started with HRC going all in with the GP Honda team and GP21. Although Paulin really sucked on the Honda.

But HRC came back to MX/SX racing through the GP effort in 2015.
LBrooks
12/17/2016 1:28pm
I heard in 2017 that all motorcycles that race the GP's, have to use GET ECU's.
This came from a friend that works for a GP team in Europe.
I heard this a few weeks back.
If it's true, then HRC and all the other GP teams will be limited with their electronics.
No teams will have an advantage over another team.
Like I said, this is what I heard, so check into it.

The Shop

waitn4
12/17/2016 1:32pm
That would be awesome. Data acquisition is a neat product that can go along way in personalizing a chassis. I hope it gets implemented in an Apple simple way. Damping, dynamic sag, weight bias, etc. are just an app away... one day!
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
12/17/2016 1:47pm
MX Guy wrote:
They're spending a lot of money to get back to the top in SX/MX, starting with the addition of Roczen and the introduction of new data...

Motofinne wrote:
It didn't start with Roczen. It started with HRC going all in with the GP Honda team and GP21. Although Paulin really sucked on the Honda...

It started with HRC going all in with the GP Honda team and GP21. Although Paulin really sucked on the Honda.

I was speaking more about the US, less about EU.
ufsx459
12/17/2016 3:07pm
If the data acquisition piece is true then it could be very interesting to see how that plays out in Supercross.
stillwelding
12/17/2016 3:59pm
LBrooks wrote:
I heard in 2017 that all motorcycles that race the GP's, have to use GET ECU's. This came from a friend that works for a GP...
I heard in 2017 that all motorcycles that race the GP's, have to use GET ECU's.
This came from a friend that works for a GP team in Europe.
I heard this a few weeks back.
If it's true, then HRC and all the other GP teams will be limited with their electronics.
No teams will have an advantage over another team.
Like I said, this is what I heard, so check into it.
Thanks Larry.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
12/17/2016 5:01pm
Motofinne wrote:
It didn't start with Roczen. It started with HRC going all in with the GP Honda team and GP21. Although Paulin really sucked on the Honda...

HRC stepped up globally a couple of years ago. There was a huge push in the US with Trey Canard but it didn't pan out. We're in the third year of this "HRC is stepping up" but Rome wasn't built in a day so with Kenny maybe they'll finally get that SX title they've been looking for since RC left.
moto0852
12/17/2016 5:48pm
I think HRC "stepping it up" is less about hiring premier riders I.E. Kenny, and mostly about the data acquisition infastructure and the support staff to run it. It's coming down for their Moto GP program and is very expensive. What benefit will it be to them?....that remains to be seen but should be one of the interesting things to watch this season.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
12/17/2016 6:19pm
Yeah, but these electronics only work with tight sprocket bolts.
kiwifan
12/17/2016 6:23pm
avidchimp wrote:
Yeah, but these electronics only work with tight sprocket bolts.
and with a extra tooth on the sprocket
12/17/2016 6:29pm
From the outside looking in it looks like they've stepped up in pretty much every area. Honda wants to be the #1 manufacturer again.

Post a reply to: HRC stepping up with?

The Latest