HELPING Stephan Barrington ONE LAST PUSH!

Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 7:57pm
OK everybody, the tax returns are on there way or already in the bank.

We have done this before but I want to try and make one final push to get this check to over 1,000 Dollars.

Stephan Barrington is a good friend to a lot of people on and off the track and was always caught with a cheesy smile on his face where ever he was. Unfortunately, last summer Stephan was involved in a wreck at Bean Road where he swapped out in a high speed section, upon coming to rest, Stephan could not feel his legs. He was life Flighted from the track to metro where we was rushed into emergency surgery to repair broken vertebra in his back. Stephan has spent many a night in the hospital since the accident and has been restricted to a wheel chair since the accident.

Stephan is in high spirits and has started intense physical therapy in Cincinnati at SCI-STEP. If the name sounds familiar is it because this is the same place that got Justin Weeks back on his feet after being struck with similar injuries.

I talked to Stephan today and he had this to say: “ Im currently in Cincinnati, and have been doing intense therapy at SCI-STEP for a little over a month now. The goal is to keep working my lower extremities, in hopes of getting motor control back in my legs. I have been building my leg muscles back up, and have shown promising signs of controlling muscle contractions. Its still early in my injury and I plan on doing this type of therapy for as many months as possible. Which insurance does not cover. Without everyones help I wouldn't have this chance to get better, please let everyone know how thankful I am”

I Have had more Mini Plate stickers made and I am doing the same thing as last time. I am asking for 2.00 per sticker. You can order as many as you want or as few as you want. If you just want to donate and don't want a sticker that is fine as well. Any help that we can get is greatly appreciated.

I ask that if you do want stickers, please leave a note with the paypal donation with you current address as well as how many stickers you need. I will mail them to you within a few days of receiving the donation.

Thanks to everyone that has helped before and we a re really making a difference in his recovery. Thanks in advance to anyone that has donated already and those who are first time contributors.

Paypal ID: hrdmotosports@gmail.com
Current Amount: $615.00

|
500guy
4/4/2011 6:45pm
Stephen made a few Posts about me that were in bad taste, got moved to the dungeon.

I know some people take this posting real serious, I don't and it irritates some.

I'm in for $100.00 just to let him know , I didn't forget but I won't hold a grudge on him.
4/4/2011 6:48pm
500guy wrote:
Doesn't he post here ?
yes Jay, i do! alot of my support has came from vitalmx and pitracer forums. between all the craziness of this board, people have talked to me about my recovery, and its very uplifting to know that people care.

The Shop

500guy
4/4/2011 6:51pm
500guy wrote:
Doesn't he post here ?
yes Jay, i do! alot of my support has came from vitalmx and pitracer forums. between all the craziness of this board, people have talked to...
yes Jay, i do! alot of my support has came from vitalmx and pitracer forums. between all the craziness of this board, people have talked to me about my recovery, and its very uplifting to know that people care.
I just sent $100 via paypal.

best of luck to you.
4/4/2011 7:11pm
thanks jay! the more help i get, the longer i can stay at sci-step. it really sucks that insurance wont pay for that kind of therapy. they only want to cover the stuff that teaches you how to live your life in a wheelchair. and thats just not for me.
500guy
4/4/2011 8:38pm
thanks jay! the more help i get, the longer i can stay at sci-step. it really sucks that insurance wont pay for that kind of therapy...
thanks jay! the more help i get, the longer i can stay at sci-step. it really sucks that insurance wont pay for that kind of therapy. they only want to cover the stuff that teaches you how to live your life in a wheelchair. and thats just not for me.
Fight the fight brother.
SwapperMX
4/5/2011 6:06am
500guy wrote:
Stephen made a few Posts about me that were in bad taste, got moved to the dungeon. I know some people take this posting real serious...
Stephen made a few Posts about me that were in bad taste, got moved to the dungeon.

I know some people take this posting real serious, I don't and it irritates some.

I'm in for $100.00 just to let him know , I didn't forget but I won't hold a grudge on him.
No apology ??
500guy
4/5/2011 6:55am
500guy wrote:
Stephen made a few Posts about me that were in bad taste, got moved to the dungeon. I know some people take this posting real serious...

SwapperMX wrote:
No apology ??
None necessary
4/5/2011 7:21am
500guy wrote:

actually i missed this post. must have posted at the same time.
ive made alot of posts in either direction. most of the time i dont mean a word i say. its more to get a rise out of people. seems thats the way of life around these parts. if you and i, or any of the other guys on this board met in person, i bet we would mesh just perfectly. that being said, if im ever out your way, id love to meet up at a race or something. i dont see me traveling that far any time soon, so same goes for you, if you come this way, let me know.
500guy
4/5/2011 7:45am
500guy wrote:

actually i missed this post. must have posted at the same time. ive made alot of posts in either direction. most of the time i dont...
actually i missed this post. must have posted at the same time.
ive made alot of posts in either direction. most of the time i dont mean a word i say. its more to get a rise out of people. seems thats the way of life around these parts. if you and i, or any of the other guys on this board met in person, i bet we would mesh just perfectly. that being said, if im ever out your way, id love to meet up at a race or something. i dont see me traveling that far any time soon, so same goes for you, if you come this way, let me know.
Right on man. Stay focused on getting better, we are all pulling for you.
rocrac
4/6/2011 3:45pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2011 3:51pm
Well done 500guy. I sent a little something and wish you well in your recovery Stephan. I remember you from my days at Pit Racer
4/7/2011 10:00am
Thanks To everyone so far!

WE HAVE DONE IT

$1202.00

I am going to be meeting Stephan next weekend at a local track while hes back home for a little while. Thanks again and i will keep the account open until next Wednesday.
ocscottie
4/7/2011 7:11pm
Right on...group high five!

Keep kicking ass Stephan.
ocscottie
4/12/2011 6:50pm
Thanks To everyone so far! WE HAVE DONE IT $1202.00 I am going to be meeting Stephan next weekend at a local track while hes back...
Thanks To everyone so far!

WE HAVE DONE IT

$1202.00

I am going to be meeting Stephan next weekend at a local track while hes back home for a little while. Thanks again and i will keep the account open until next Wednesday.
Tomorrow is the last day? So if you haven't helped out, do so now, every little bit counts!
4/14/2011 7:58am
thanks again everyone for the help. thats awesome that we sold that many stickers!
newmann
5/23/2011 3:45pm
What's a current donation site for Stephan? Voodoo27 here on Vital sent me an old, dirty, Hunkavarnish jersey with somebody elses name and number on it. My name isn't Lackey and my number isn't 9, so I can't wear it..... LOL. Anyways, I offered to make a donation to Stephan's recovery fund and happen to have a few dollars left in my paypal account. Info. appreciated and money will be headed his way.

5/23/2011 4:52pm
newmann wrote:
What's a current donation site for Stephan? Voodoo27 here on Vital sent me an old, dirty, Hunkavarnish jersey with somebody elses name and number on it...
What's a current donation site for Stephan? Voodoo27 here on Vital sent me an old, dirty, Hunkavarnish jersey with somebody elses name and number on it. My name isn't Lackey and my number isn't 9, so I can't wear it..... LOL. Anyways, I offered to make a donation to Stephan's recovery fund and happen to have a few dollars left in my paypal account. Info. appreciated and money will be headed his way.

hey newmann. the paypal account above is still open.
my friend is doing that for me and is just cycling through and emptying it out every so often. Thank You very much!

quick update while we are on subject....
the latest in my therapy, i am able to stand up with a walker while someone helps hold my knees in a locked position. after im standing they can let go, and im up on my own for a couple minutes. Its tough to say what to expect of that. They have seen people do that quicker, but have also seen people take alot longer to achieve that. so im pretty pumped about this. best thing thats happened in awhile.

Thanks again to everyone for this opportunity.
500guy
5/23/2011 5:35pm
keep working hard man and stay tough. excellent news on the progress.
newmann
5/25/2011 6:51pm
newmann wrote:
What's a current donation site for Stephan? Voodoo27 here on Vital sent me an old, dirty, Hunkavarnish jersey with somebody elses name and number on it...

Making sure it got to you Stephan. Good luck with the therapy, and keep your head up.
5/25/2011 7:11pm
newmann wrote:
Making sure it got to you Stephan. Good luck with the therapy, and keep your head up.
thanks man. i got some good people around me to keep me positive... my own family, and the wonderful motocross family. its great.

Post a reply to: HELPING Stephan Barrington ONE LAST PUSH!

The Latest