Greensboro Arenacross

colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2016 6:39pm
A couple friends and me are gonna go to the arenacross in Greensboro this year... but none of us have been there. Any suggestions on seating? Where to buy tickets? Parking?
Probably the more important question, is it going to be pretty low key like the endurocross race or packed, drunken madness like the supercross race?
Thanks!
|
12/5/2015 2:49pm
Been to Greensboro many times over the years and I'd have to say the easiest thing in my opinion is to come in from Freeman Mill Rd onto Coliseum Blvd. Depending on which way you come from, you'd basically end up on Freeman Mill from the south, off I-85 or I-40. When you come to the first intersection with stoplights, that's Coliseum Blvd... Turn left, follow up to the coliseum and I usually turn left on the first road (I think it's called Ellington St) when you see the Coliseum and there's a parking entrance there that usually doesn't get too backed up as long as you get there semi-early.

Seating is good pretty much anywhere. Greensboro is probably one of the most seating friendly places I've ever been. 2nd level is fine and you can easily see everything. Even sitting down on the lower level, even in a close row isn't too bad either.

I'd say it's a slightly larger crowd than Endurocross but nowhere near as packed as Supercross and definitely not too many drunken spectators. As for purchasing tickets, I'm not sure what's best. When they raced there back around 08, I was with some guys racing and had a pit pass, and last time in 14, I had a wristband. But, I remember going years ago, just walking up and purchasing at the window. The Greensboro Coliseum has something like a 20,000+ seating capacity, so purchasing at the event is fine. All in all its a great one to go to! Great venue, great racing. I'll make the trip home to NC for it!
Twist1
12/5/2015 4:21pm
I'll be there. Looking forward to it. Agree, pretty hassle free and most seats good.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
12/5/2015 9:25pm Edited Date/Time 12/5/2015 9:28pm
Thanks you guys! Do yall know if they charge all these fees at the event? 2 $10 tickets turned into $40

I should clarify, Ima cheap ass. And buying a ticket for an even broker friend lol

walent215
12/6/2015 3:59am
Buy em at the race..you'll most likely save on all the garbage fees

The Shop

colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
1/24/2016 10:36pm
Didn't want to start a new thread, but Ima hit up a new track Sunday. So any suggestions? Looking for something on my way back to Atlanta. I'd ride the arenacross track but I need to be honest with myself. I got work Monday, and my bike does singletrack duty. Big triples and whoop sections aren't happening.
lumpy790
1/25/2016 8:04am
I like to get up around the top of the walk way opening. That way you can see what's happening on the other side of the track.

I am thinking about going
mjr119
1/25/2016 8:20am
I'd try out MX 421 in Yadkinville. It shouldn't be too far out of the way on your way home. Plus, they have an AX track so you can ride it if you want to!
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
1/26/2016 12:02pm
mjr119 wrote:
I'd try out MX 421 in Yadkinville. It shouldn't be too far out of the way on your way home. Plus, they have an AX track...
I'd try out MX 421 in Yadkinville. It shouldn't be too far out of the way on your way home. Plus, they have an AX track so you can ride it if you want to!
Thanks but Im not interested in AX, I ride a 150XC with soft suspension. It tackles mx tracks just fine, but I'd be scared of taking it on a SX or AX track. Any other track suggestions?
mjr119
1/26/2016 12:33pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2016 12:35pm
mjr119 wrote:
I'd try out MX 421 in Yadkinville. It shouldn't be too far out of the way on your way home. Plus, they have an AX track...
colintrax wrote:
Thanks but Im not interested in AX, I ride a 150XC with soft suspension. It tackles mx tracks just fine, but I'd be scared of taking...
Thanks but Im not interested in AX, I ride a 150XC with soft suspension. It tackles mx tracks just fine, but I'd be scared of taking it on a SX or AX track. Any other track suggestions?
Well they have 2 full size MX tracks. I just mentioned the AX track because it is one of the only tracks in the area with AX. So you would have the option.

You would be fine on either MX track.

East Bend is a good option. I know they made some changes last weekend and they haven't unveiled the new track/changes. It is very flat and red clay. Gets rutted. Has some easy jumps. No whoops or anything like that.

That's about it for NC riding West of Greensboro.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
1/26/2016 12:47pm
mjr119 wrote:
colintrax wrote:
Thanks but Im not interested in AX, I ride a 150XC with soft suspension. It tackles mx tracks just fine, but I'd be scared of taking...
mjr119 wrote:
Well they have 2 full size MX tracks. I just mentioned the AX track because it is one of the only tracks in the area with...
Well they have 2 full size MX tracks. I just mentioned the AX track because it is one of the only tracks in the area with AX. So you would have the option.

You would be fine on either MX track.

East Bend is a good option. I know they made some changes last weekend and they haven't unveiled the new track/changes. It is very flat and red clay. Gets rutted. Has some easy jumps. No whoops or anything like that.

That's about it for NC riding West of Greensboro.
Ah ok, guess I didn't read your first post carefully.

I'll check those 2 out. Thank you!
mjr119
1/26/2016 1:06pm
If you want to venture east, Wide Open is a nice facility. Open 7 days a week rain or shine. It's mostly sand with some hard pack areas. They have a full size Straight Rythmn course.
1/26/2016 1:14pm
If you're on an XC and want to ride woods, you could give Brushy Mountain in Taylorsville a shot. They do have a motocross track too. In the past it's been pretty easy, but they were revamping it a bit last I knew. If you're sticking to moto, I'd also give MX421 a vote.

Gringoe
1/26/2016 2:35pm
If you're on an XC and want to ride woods, you could give Brushy Mountain in Taylorsville a shot. They do have a motocross track too...
If you're on an XC and want to ride woods, you could give Brushy Mountain in Taylorsville a shot. They do have a motocross track too. In the past it's been pretty easy, but they were revamping it a bit last I knew. If you're sticking to moto, I'd also give MX421 a vote.

Saw a video from the moto track they were rebuilding and it looked pretty bitching.

I'm confused, that's public land no? As far as I know besides hangtown there isn't a lot of real moto tracks on public land. Just seemed strange to me as the jumps looked pretty peaked and "dangerous" for a beginner.
1/26/2016 2:57pm
Gringoe wrote:
Saw a video from the moto track they were rebuilding and it looked pretty bitching. I'm confused, that's public land no? As far as I know...
Saw a video from the moto track they were rebuilding and it looked pretty bitching.

I'm confused, that's public land no? As far as I know besides hangtown there isn't a lot of real moto tracks on public land. Just seemed strange to me as the jumps looked pretty peaked and "dangerous" for a beginner.
Brushy is actually all on privately owned land. Not sure how muc acerage they have, but it's a lot. Brown Mountain in Morganton is all public land though.
Twist1
1/26/2016 3:41pm
Gringoe wrote:
Saw a video from the moto track they were rebuilding and it looked pretty bitching. I'm confused, that's public land no? As far as I know...

Brushy is actually all on privately owned land. Not sure how muc acerage they have, but it's a lot. Brown Mountain in Morganton is all public...
Brushy is actually all on privately owned land. Not sure how muc acerage they have, but it's a lot. Brown Mountain in Morganton is all public land though.
You are correct.
Brushy is outstanding. Owners are cool. They may be closed, better check. Brown Mt. is closed for the season.
machine
1/26/2016 5:08pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2016 5:10pm
Have ya'll heard if Forkner will be there or not?

Wonder if Hayes will make it, it's pretty far from home for him Smile
mjr119
1/26/2016 5:59pm
Forkner is in for greensboro according to his Facebook. Should be some good racing!
machine
1/26/2016 6:39pm
mjr119 wrote:
Forkner is in for greensboro according to his Facebook. Should be some good racing!
good deal...

Post a reply to: Greensboro Arenacross

The Latest