ehr400
10/7/2009 10:12am
I will be there. # 927 Honda CRF 450.
Killer Customz
10/7/2009 10:22am
Jarett Pesci will be there on his Magic Racing KTM's #94
Devil1nNj
10/7/2009 10:29am
If I was going I would PIN it wide open! Hell I may re-gear my bike so it has 7th gear, and PIN it! Grinning
-eagle-
10/7/2009 10:30am
So dope.
I'll be doing a gp in athens this weekend.
Closest I'll come to this is mammoth east next weekend.

The Shop

4mxonly
10/7/2009 1:29pm
Jarett Pesci will be there on his Magic Racing KTM's #94
Jarett is a little ripper... he should feel right at home in the sandy and loam terrain (hills will be taxing on his 125 if he races that class).
TomZ
Fantasy
4294th
10/7/2009 7:55pm
4mxonly wrote:
For those of you who are thinking about going to the GLGP in Northern Michigan this weekend, I saw an interesting comment on the Baja Acres...
For those of you who are thinking about going to the GLGP in Northern Michigan this weekend, I saw an interesting comment on the Baja Acres website from a guy that joined us for a test ride about a month ago.

Mr. B: "Hello everyone, thanks for taking a moment to read this. I was fortunate to be invited by Jason ( Otsego club ) and Dave ( Tech Care ) to pre-ride this track with Nick Wey and friends. Here is just a few words to describe it. First let me speak from a little Vet GP experience. I spend my winters out west racing the GP’S and the WORCS races. This track will be an experience like no other in the Mid-West. Yes, I’ve also raced several GNCC’s, including Snowshoe in West Virgina. Because the soil is sandy gravel underneath the grass on the slopes it shouldn’t be to muddy. But, this course is going to be the fastest most riders will ever have experienced! I was able to hit 6th gear on the longest, steepest ski slope on my KTM 450 XCW! Sorry about you guys that only have 5 gears. With proper gearing and tires most racers will be just fine if they just hold the throttle WFO until you reach the top! My only disappointment is that the motos are only 35 min. Out west, we run 45 min and one hour GP’s. What the heck, 35 min. is probably good for all you light weights that have never been out of 4th gear! Just don’t get freaked out dudes and back off the throttle, because I’m going to blow by you! Although, I am slowing down these days, I’m only races three classes and I just turned 55 years old! Good Luck, your going to need it! The Man from Paradine Creek."

Should be a lot of fun, can't wait to head up there. Also, friends of Justin Weeks will be up there gathering support for Justin's recovery effort through a fun event involving water balloon launchers and volunteer targets... should be interesting.
The guy who wrote that must have ridden 3hrs plus that day. Seriously, the rest of us were sitting on the pick up truck tailgate just watching.

He is correct about the course.......you won't find anywhere that you can go faster.

Disappointment with 35 min motos ??........i think most will be gasping for the end way before 35 mins is up.

This will be an awesome event.....can't wait.
MX Donations
10/7/2009 8:42pm
This is such a cool idea. I hope you guys do more next year. I'm In for sure!!!

Post a reply to: Great Lakes Grand Prix in Michigan

The Latest