Great Dungey Interview

Grieby54
Edited Date/Time 8/26/2013 5:05pm
On Open Mic: Lake Elsinore

Villopoto missed all last summer with an injury. Because you’re so consistent, you’re here every week, you race des Nations every year, do you ever wonder what it would be like to actually have a break? Everyone else seems to get one, and you’ve had this many races in like the last seven years. Do you ever wonder about that?
I’m happy it’s gone like that. You can sit and think about it, what it would be like. It would be cool. Just like you think if it was the end of your career and it’s time to walk away, you know what it feels like if you really put yourself in that position. I was there last year, 2012. I did everything I could to race. It ended up the collarbone was busted, so I had to sit out five races. And that’s tough. You don’t really know how good you got it until it’s actually gone. I’m sure Villopoto was last year pushing to be racing. Outdoors is a little more grueling and stuff but he was still wishing he could be out here. I’m glad I’m safe and healthy. I don’t want injuries like that. It’s stressful. It’s tough. It wears on you. Maybe we need to take a step back a little bit this off-season and put things in perspective a little more. Racing’s tough. It starts to take over your life in ways if you let it. It’s very tough when you want to win and you’re right on the boarder. It drives me nuts. The stuff I put my family through during the week, especially Lindsey, my girlfriend, and my dad. You feel bad. You become such a prick. At the end of the day, you just put things into perspective. You get to do this for a living and have fun and get paid to do what you love. But you just want to win.

Really cool for him to open up a bit about some of the struggles of being so close but not winning. Really cool to hear Dungey be a bit more real in his interview.
|
burnside
8/26/2013 11:52am
That's great. Something to keep in mind for the Dunge'tards that seem to think he is OK with second.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/26/2013 11:53am
He's real every week, but sometimes just a bit reserved.
newmann
8/26/2013 12:07pm
Grieby54 wrote:
On Open Mic: Lake Elsinore [b]Villopoto missed all last summer with an injury. Because you’re so consistent, you’re here every week, you race des Nations every...

Villopoto missed all last summer with an injury. Because you’re so consistent, you’re here every week, you race des Nations every year, do you ever wonder what it would be like to actually have a break? Everyone else seems to get one, and you’ve had this many races in like the last seven years. Do you ever wonder about that?
I’m happy it’s gone like that. You can sit and think about it, what it would be like. It would be cool. Just like you think if it was the end of your career and it’s time to walk away, you know what it feels like if you really put yourself in that position. I was there last year, 2012. I did everything I could to race. It ended up the collarbone was busted, so I had to sit out five races. And that’s tough. You don’t really know how good you got it until it’s actually gone. I’m sure Villopoto was last year pushing to be racing. Outdoors is a little more grueling and stuff but he was still wishing he could be out here. I’m glad I’m safe and healthy. I don’t want injuries like that. It’s stressful. It’s tough. It wears on you. Maybe we need to take a step back a little bit this off-season and put things in perspective a little more. Racing’s tough. It starts to take over your life in ways if you let it. It’s very tough when you want to win and you’re right on the boarder. It drives me nuts. The stuff I put my family through during the week, especially Lindsey, my girlfriend, and my dad. You feel bad. You become such a prick. At the end of the day, you just put things into perspective. You get to do this for a living and have fun and get paid to do what you love. But you just want to win.

Really cool for him to open up a bit about some of the struggles of being so close but not winning. Really cool to hear Dungey be a bit more real in his interview.
Because you’re so consistent

You jumped my ass when I made that comment...now it makes for a good interview?Laughing
Grieby54
8/26/2013 12:28pm
newmann wrote:

You jumped my ass when I made that comment...now it makes for a good interview?Laughing
I jumped your ass? For what?

The Shop

Grieby54
8/26/2013 12:29pm
GuyB wrote:
He's real every week, but sometimes just a bit reserved.
Semantics Wink
newmann
8/26/2013 12:44pm
newmann wrote:

Grieby54 wrote:
Oops, my bad. It wasn't you, it was Husqerdoofus. Now, I'll have to send you a case of beer or something equivalent because there is no apology appropriate enough for confusing anyone with him. Blush
Grieby54
8/26/2013 2:54pm
newmann wrote:

Grieby54 wrote:
newmann wrote:
Oops, my bad. It wasn't you, it was Husqerdoofus. Now, I'll have to send you a case of beer or something equivalent because there is no...
Oops, my bad. It wasn't you, it was Husqerdoofus. Now, I'll have to send you a case of beer or something equivalent because there is no apology appropriate enough for confusing anyone with him. Blush
No kidding! I'll take a case of angry orchard, because confusing me with that dumbass is just plain rude!

Wink
newmann
8/26/2013 3:17pm
Grieby54 wrote:
newmann wrote:
Oops, my bad. It wasn't you, it was Husqerdoofus. Now, I'll have to send you a case of beer or something equivalent because there is no...
Grieby54 wrote:
No kidding! I'll take a case of angry orchard, because confusing me with that dumbass is just plain rude!

Wink
I only settle my debts with Shiner. It's a Texas thing....

observer
8/26/2013 3:23pm
Grieby54 wrote:
On Open Mic: Lake Elsinore [b]Villopoto missed all last summer with an injury. Because you’re so consistent, you’re here every week, you race des Nations every...

That's just a snap shot into what this sport requires of the podium regulars.
One of the things I like about most of these young men....they've done an amazing job at keeping things in perspective.
And it hasn't come easy for some. Really tough position for these kids.

And at there age.......I'm sure there folks must be dern proud.
I'm sure "I'm sorry about.............", is a common statement. Wink
Grieby54
8/26/2013 3:55pm
newmann wrote:
I only settle my debts with Shiner. It's a Texas thing.... [img]http://www.yeoldbullandbush.com/beers/shinerblack.jpg[/img]

I was in Texas for 13 years and graduated from Texas A&M. No Shiner for me Wink
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
8/26/2013 4:39pm
I got to meet RD a few years back. Actually, met his parents first and was talking with them for a while without knowing who they were. Felt a little stupid after we all were introduced. Even taking riding out of the picture, they are the type of people you would like to fill your neighborhood with. Great family. Excellent role models.
TM
flapper
8/26/2013 5:05pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2013 5:07pm
newmann wrote:
Grieby54 wrote:

Wink
newmann wrote:
I only settle my debts with Shiner. It's a Texas thing.... [img]http://www.yeoldbullandbush.com/beers/shinerblack.jpg[/img]

Newmann,you can confuse me with anyone for a case of that! Or a trade for some of our Canadian goods

Post a reply to: Great Dungey Interview

The Latest