Graphics Website

yamaha581
11/15/2011 2:28pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 5:33pm
Hey guys,

I know this post isnt completely related to moto but im starting a graphic design company. We do banners/signs, box trailer/car decals, custom decals, and jersey lettering/t-shirts. Im starting a website(its just a free website so its nothing fancy) and I was wondering what you thought about it and what ideas you may have to help improve it. Also the site isnt completely finished yet.
Thanks
Eric
http://customvinylsigns.weebly.com/index.htmlml
|
DIRTJET
11/15/2011 8:16pm
Not a bad site. Clean and straight forward easy to navigate. I would just be careful on using the corporate Fox and Monster logos though.
yamaha581
11/15/2011 8:36pm
Thank you for the reply. I was thinking about that myself also, I was going to post some more decals and for the shirts I was going to try and come up with some custom ones to post so I wouldnt have to have ones that are already made.
erickbotic
11/16/2011 2:23am
not to sound like a dick but as a website designer and graphic designer if i was ever looking for work done and saw ur website id prob click the X at the top as soon as possible, and like i said not trying to be a dick because theres always room for criticism, where criticism is needed and i think you might wanna look around or learn a little more about all this before you start with the whole idea.
yamaha581
11/16/2011 4:16am
I understand what your saying but as it says on the website and in the post the site is still under construction and also its a free website so I cant do much with the layout. Thats why I posted on here so I could see what others say about it. Also its not like I dont know anything about graphic design I was in a class in high school for 2 years and im in college for graphic design so I do know what im doing. Also I have the business so im making money so I must know what im doing. But thanks for the comment.

The Shop

ricko
11/16/2011 5:18am
yamaha581 wrote:
I understand what your saying but as it says on the website and in the post the site is still under construction and also its a...
I understand what your saying but as it says on the website and in the post the site is still under construction and also its a free website so I cant do much with the layout. Thats why I posted on here so I could see what others say about it. Also its not like I dont know anything about graphic design I was in a class in high school for 2 years and im in college for graphic design so I do know what im doing. Also I have the business so im making money so I must know what im doing. But thanks for the comment.
If you have a business and your making money then buy a domain and build a custom website. Much more professional looking. I agree with the above comment about clicking X.
karnivool
11/16/2011 5:40am
Hey man I am a web designer...

work a lot with wordpress

weeebly are free and easy but hit me up if you want a unique design. I am currently rebuilding the ZACASTATION MX site...it should be up by the end of the year. (the current site is hideous)
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1673rd
11/16/2011 6:24am
Wordpress worked really well for me when we redesigned our site (not moto related). With the amount of pulgins and templates available, you should be able to get something workable and then turn it over to a Graphics guy to clean it up and make it look clean.
yamaha581
11/16/2011 7:56am
Thanks for the posts guys. I will try and work on it some more
Bry745
11/16/2011 8:13am
Mr. Ted wrote:
Wordpress worked really well for me when we redesigned our site (not moto related). With the amount of pulgins and templates available, you should be able...
Wordpress worked really well for me when we redesigned our site (not moto related). With the amount of pulgins and templates available, you should be able to get something workable and then turn it over to a Graphics guy to clean it up and make it look clean.
+1

I use WordPress for the CMS on all my sites. Learn the basics and you'll be good to go. You can always hire a pro for custom graphics, HTML or CSS work.
OW38B
Fantasy
148th
11/16/2011 8:15am Edited Date/Time 11/16/2011 8:16am
Mr. Ted wrote:
Wordpress worked really well for me when we redesigned our site (not moto related). With the amount of pulgins and templates available, you should be able...
We use Wordpress for our site also. www.othgmx.org

It is easy to use and maintain and the price is right.
erickbotic
11/16/2011 10:57pm Edited Date/Time 11/16/2011 10:59pm

sorry dude but that doesnt look like 2 years of graphic design or schooling at all, like everybody said try learning wordpress and if u make money with ur business get a .com theyre cheap, i never went to school for graphic design and website design and i think my work looks way better than urs...

see the difference?
bryan
11/16/2011 11:11pm
I do. The top one's better, right?
yamaha581
11/16/2011 11:29pm
erickbotic wrote:
[img]https://customvinylsigns.weebly.com/uploads/9/7/1/4/9714376/5445166.jpg[/img] sorry dude but that doesnt look like 2 years of graphic design or schooling at all, like everybody said try learning wordpress and if u...

sorry dude but that doesnt look like 2 years of graphic design or schooling at all, like everybody said try learning wordpress and if u make money with ur business get a .com theyre cheap, i never went to school for graphic design and website design and i think my work looks way better than urs...

see the difference?
Sorry dude but the card I made was an exact copy of what the guy already had and he wanted more so I was doing my job and making him what he wanted. I can make a business card just as well as you can.
BM255
11/17/2011 1:09am
erickbotic wrote:
not to sound like a dick but as a website designer and graphic designer if i was ever looking for work done and saw ur website...
not to sound like a dick but as a website designer and graphic designer if i was ever looking for work done and saw ur website id prob click the X at the top as soon as possible, and like i said not trying to be a dick because theres always room for criticism, where criticism is needed and i think you might wanna look around or learn a little more about all this before you start with the whole idea.
yeah you do sound like a dick.
Here's a tip for you.....when attempting to provide constructive criticism you may actually want to follow on with some constructive advice.
Pointing out someones short comings is the easy bit, interesting how that's all you could manage
erickbotic
11/17/2011 2:01am
i actually said he should look into how to fix the page, as others said with wordpress, youtube has a bunch of tutorials easy to follow and theres a bunch of free layouts all over the place
Danger
11/17/2011 7:27pm
How much do you charge for your work.. I think your site needs a little help.. Thanks
yamaha581
11/17/2011 7:32pm
I know the site needs work. Were going to have a domain soon its just a temporary site until we get things going and set up to how we need it. It depends on wht the person wants as to what the price will be.

Post a reply to: Graphics Website

The Latest