Graphic Companies

dean122
Edited Date/Time 12/15/2013 10:36am
I'm recently tried a new background company and not so sure I'll be a return customer yet. The coming days will decide that fate, but I want to give my business to a great company that provides great customer service first and foremost as well as great product. I change my backgrounds frequently.

This is a shitty economy for any industry company to make it, especially in the graphic business I would think. I've been a long time customer of Factory Backing, but a friend insisted I try the company he's been using, but I'm not sold on them quite yet. As I noted, all companies should treat every customer like its their favorite customer at all times especially when their spending $80+ a pop on some stickers that take 10 min to print. Word of mouth and return business go a very long way!

Who have some of you had the best experience with and throw up some samples of their fine work..
|
activeMX
3/5/2013 5:18pm
Stick with the larger companies like FX, ONE, N-Style, Decal Works etc.

Digital printers and plotters came way down in price over the last 5-10 yrs. and every schmuck who thought they were the next Robert Ibon tried to start a graphics company. Not worth the hassle. Live and learn.
3/5/2013 5:40pm
Mgx unlimited has outstanding graphics. They got the best looking # fonts in my opinion. There downfall is they take forever to get. Always about 1 month. The worst company i think i ever used was n style , believe it or not!
holeshot100
3/5/2013 5:41pm
It is going to be hard to get anybody as personal as Jarrett at Factory Backing who you already seemed to be happy with.

The Shop

MX4EVR
3/5/2013 5:52pm
Talk to Dennis jonan he gets on here from time to time
I think he works for a graphics company in Kansas City
Plus he's a good kid
He would of been on your tv a lot these days if not for the hip injury
Corey_Tallent
3/5/2013 6:18pm
As long as the graphics company has the templates and the graphics already done, 80.00 per pop and 10 minutes to print is definitely feasible. I work for a graphics company and the general interest in dirt bike graphics through our company has never been that great but we have worked with customers in the past to give them what they want.

I will definitely say that its not a 10 minute experience when someone wants "custom" graphics and scanning individual "origin" graphics that were on the bike before is definitely not a 10 minute experience and often the graphics are broken or torn and us artists have to literally guess or reference web images to try and rebuild the missing pieces.

I just want folks to know that if they come into my shop, I will definitely treat them like my favorite customer...at first. lol
It depends on how we gel together as to how that relationship continues. If the requests are unreasonable, which are usually indicated "I want the best that you have, but I dont want to pay that much for it", then eyes start roll and eyebrows start to lift.

That would be like walking into Troy Lee's shop and putting down an helmet that is unprepared to paint, requesting him to sand it down and prepare it and then design a custom job and then have the customer say...I only want to spend 100.00 on this.

I guarantee Troy would kick the guy out on his ass. The few times that we have done graphics, they were not easy, did not take 10 minutes...more like 15 hours of graphic work because of the customer constantly making changes to something that was supposed to start out as a "simple" job. The printing and sizing was crucial so as not to waste material and at the time with no ready made templates available, we scanned the original origin decals as mentioned to get all the sizing, etc. done.

Total job time was in the neighborhood of 30 hours and the cost for his package plus one extra set to repair any that he smashed up, was around 500.00. Even at that, it still feels like we got the short end of the deal.

Just saying, next time you go into a shop thinking that its all a 10 minute print job, then I expect, youll end up with a 10 minute print job and be very, very unhappy with the outcome.

Here is one of the custom graphic kits we did several years ago.

tombugg
3/5/2013 6:28pm
activeMX wrote:
Stick with the larger companies like FX, ONE, N-Style, Decal Works etc. Digital printers and plotters came way down in price over the last 5-10 yrs...
Stick with the larger companies like FX, ONE, N-Style, Decal Works etc.

Digital printers and plotters came way down in price over the last 5-10 yrs. and every schmuck who thought they were the next Robert Ibon tried to start a graphics company. Not worth the hassle. Live and learn.
I wend to high school with Robert, super cool guy, he was an incredible artist even as a kid. Did a custom paint job on my road bike frame that was incredible. Glad to see that he is so successful.
dean122
3/5/2013 6:33pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2013 6:36pm
I should've been more clear, $80, 10 min print jobs on numbered backgrounds on the standard company templates. Just adding the personal accent color and numbers.

Full customs number, shrouds and trim and $80 would be on the very cheap side. I get your point though.
Corey_Tallent
3/5/2013 6:44pm
Its okay...maybe I mis-read it. lol I forgot about numbers actually getting digitally printed these days. Just havent done a dirt bike in such a long time that I just remember the day of layered graphics.
yzkrazy219
3/5/2013 7:16pm
I've been using Bryar Perry at 180decals. He does an amazing job and the graphics are very durable.
therealjonon
3/5/2013 7:50pm
180decals.com . Great customer service and easy to deal with. Great designs also check out the website.
3/5/2013 8:02pm
I was going to try Mitchell Oldenburg's company next time I need graphics, if I can figure out what the name is. I like the idea of supporting a kid who is racing pro
Renner153
Fantasy
3583rd
3/5/2013 8:02pm
Www.enjoymfg.com currently making monster energy Kawasaki yoshimura Suzuki Troy lee designs Honda and JDR jstar KTM. Along with sponsoring guys like Ricky Renner Ronnie Renner And many others.
montesagold
3/5/2013 8:53pm
STICKMANGRAPHX has been awesome to me. They are growing fast on the east coast, specifically with the Mega Series and GNCC guys.
GHR
3/5/2013 11:14pm
Chris Blose has some sick stuff he can do anything -@phit_industries
pete24
3/6/2013 6:00am
k-rae graphics.com, they got a guy named Doug Henry that they do grafix for and some Paul Buckley guy desinging some stuff for them, i been in mx for 31 years stuff has never come so fast, very good company to deal with and i like cuz its in new england
4stroke4DWIN
3/6/2013 6:38am
GHR wrote:
Chris Blose has some sick stuff he can do anything -@phit_industries
I just got in touch with Chris for a run of team graphics for my shop, good work and fast turn around. Plus he's local for me.
rallendude
3/6/2013 6:44am
I don't have my graphics yet but Digger put me on TSS Graphics (tssgraphics.com) and I've been extremely impressed with their customer service so far. Placing an order in the next day or so for a full custom set of graphics.
Kryan5
3/6/2013 6:46am
I know everyone will throw in there .02 cents so heres mine. I use Limited Decal. Talk to Tyler. He will hook you up with proofs and about 2-3 day turn. Check out his work in my profile. Both bikes are done by him.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
3/6/2013 7:29am
yzkrazy219 wrote:
I've been using Bryar Perry at 180decals. He does an amazing job and the graphics are very durable.
X2
LouDog
3/6/2013 10:26am
It is going to be hard to get anybody as personal as Jarrett at Factory Backing who you already seemed to be happy with.
X1000 Jarrett is awsome and does great graphics.
crf250pilot
3/6/2013 10:30am
MCfan4life wrote:
Throttle Jockey
x2 just got a set of MXDN graphics from TJ and the fit was spot on, they are best graphics i've come across in along time. Took a bit to get them though, but they didn't charge me until they shipped.
Underdog999
3/6/2013 10:38am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2013 10:40am
Taneum MX! These guys will work with you and don't charge you for every little thing like the larger companies do.

They treat you like you are supposed to be treated: a customer who is important!!!

http://www.taneumindustries.com/
IWreckALot
3/6/2013 12:48pm
I got some decals from SpeedGraphix in 2009 and they're still on my bike and look good. They use a thick mil sticker and heavy duty glue that seems to hold up really well. When you do fall and put a scratch in the decal, the scratch seems to isolate rather well and doesn't start to spread. Having said that, they charge about $300 for a full custom graphics set. I would do it all over again when I decide to purchase a new bike.

And Corey Tallant, I can see your point but there are a lot of graphics companies that cater directly to the MX industry. They have templates of all of the bikes so I imagine the 30 hour job it was for your company is greatly reduced to maybe an hour job after you get the legwork done which reduces your expense of trying to reinvent the wheel.
MiSledder
3/6/2013 1:16pm
Hot Shot Graphics has a few nice designs but Decal Works has some of the best graphics I've seen, I like to be able to design them myself too

Post a reply to: Graphic Companies

The Latest