Got new tires for the race van

slipdog
Edited Date/Time 8/14/2014 2:42pm
I've been driving an F150 for the past 5 years while my E350 sat rotting away on the side of my house. After acquiring a new(to me) set of rims from Vital's all around good guy Ridge, and 24 hours on the battery charger, I was off to America's Tire Store for some fresh tread. In a comprehensive effort to support those who support our sport, when the time came to pick the brand of tire, I went with the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS's.

Yesterday

Today

|
Vet57
8/14/2014 4:48am
Sweet Ride! Had a 99' E250. What did you paint the grill with?
Highsider
8/14/2014 5:11am
Classic van. My wife saw the thread and said, "Nice!".Wink
Nice of that crabby old Ridge!
slipdog
8/14/2014 5:19am
Vet, it was painted with Krylon when I got it in '06 from a 19 year old kid in Reno, He even offered to give me the futon couch he had in the back. "Uggghhh, I remember what happened in the back of my Astro van when I was 19... No thanks!"

It's starting to peel up so I'm going to strip the light rings and redo with some PPG and a plastic flex additive and replace the grill with a billet insert. The main reason I kept it the last 5 years is the interior was done by an RV company so it's wall to wall grey carpet with a pimped out wood trimmed black velvet strip down the roof with limo lights. Oh, did mention it's got the 7.3 Powerstroke?
slipdog
8/14/2014 5:26am
Highsider wrote:
Classic van. My wife saw the thread and said, "Nice!".Wink
Nice of that crabby old Ridge!
Ridge is good people! Everyone always say I should put a "free candy" sticker on the back window, but I like this one better...

The Shop

scooter5002
8/14/2014 6:11am
Huh At 19, I was burning incense, achieving nirvana and going all Zen in the back of my van, totally Mahatma Ghandi like. That's why I had the couch, the metal floor killed my tushy. Why wouldn't you have taken it?

Sir Chad will be unimpressed with your choice of tire vendors. He'll see this thread shortly, I'm sure.
JA946
8/14/2014 7:06am
Huh At 19, I was burning incense, achieving nirvana and going all Zen in the back of my van, totally Mahatma Ghandi like. That's why I...
Huh At 19, I was burning incense, achieving nirvana and going all Zen in the back of my van, totally Mahatma Ghandi like. That's why I had the couch, the metal floor killed my tushy. Why wouldn't you have taken it?

Sir Chad will be unimpressed with your choice of tire vendors. He'll see this thread shortly, I'm sure.
Discount tyre and Americas tyre are the same company, no?
slipdog
8/14/2014 7:49am
Huh At 19, I was burning incense, achieving nirvana and going all Zen in the back of my van, totally Mahatma Ghandi like. That's why I...

JA946 wrote:
Discount tyre and Americas tyre are the same company, no?
Correct, They had a big poster of Team 22 in the lobby.
KMC440
8/14/2014 11:40am
That's ROTTING ? ! ? !

Slippy you need to rethink that definition..... come to the upper Midwest. Looks pretty good to me.
PC
8/14/2014 12:22pm
Wonder which poor soul Ridge jacked those rims from?
My granny used to have a set just like em.....

Looks dope, BTW. Much less of the Chester the Molester vibe Tongue
slipdog
8/14/2014 2:30pm
KMC440 wrote:
That's ROTTING ? ! ? !

Slippy you need to rethink that definition..... come to the upper Midwest. Looks pretty good to me.
I guess I meant figuratively as it just collected dust and Tree crap while the old tires weather cracked to death. Definitely no body rust, but i did suck up no less than 10 Black Widows with the Shop Vac during the resurrection on Tuesday.

I'm thinking of adding commercial drawers and shelves to the first 6ft on each side to house all my tools and parts. That way I never will be stuck wishing I had something sitting at home in the garage
slipdog
8/14/2014 2:34pm
PC wrote:
Wonder which poor soul Ridge jacked those rims from? My granny used to have a set just like em..... Looks dope, BTW. Much less of the...
Wonder which poor soul Ridge jacked those rims from?
My granny used to have a set just like em.....

Looks dope, BTW. Much less of the Chester the Molester vibe Tongue
When I first got it I was working at a shop that had a sports complex with a park just down the street. I would go there on my lunch break to eat away from the shop. Sometimes they would be having soccer practice and you could imagine the looks I would get while the parents walked their kids off the sidewalk onto the grass just to get past the spot I was parked in, LOL!
MR. X
8/14/2014 2:37pm
KMC440 wrote:
That's ROTTING ? ! ? !

I thought the same thing , i have seen parts fall off my vehicles in the driveway that were just sitting.
Bultaco
8/14/2014 2:42pm
I have always loved Vans. My first ever vehicle was a yellow Dodge Maxivan. I still want one of the old style Ford "SuperVan" Econolines from the early 70's. Still prefer one over a PU. Good for you for digging this one out.

Post a reply to: Got new tires for the race van

The Latest