Good write-up about JSE/Brooks Matthes

burnside
3/4/2011 10:29am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2011 10:30am
@Matthes

Do you know why the big hush hush though? The truth will leak out eventually. Just curious as to why they can't just say what has happened like grown men? Can't be that bad surely? Makes camp JS7 look like they treat their fans like idiots. 'Family time'...really?

This is real dirt! haha. (Max Mosley F1 boss)
Matthes
3/4/2011 10:35am
burnside wrote:
@Matthes Do you know why the big hush hush though? The truth will leak out eventually. Just curious as to why they can't just say what...
@Matthes

Do you know why the big hush hush though? The truth will leak out eventually. Just curious as to why they can't just say what has happened like grown men? Can't be that bad surely? Makes camp JS7 look like they treat their fans like idiots. 'Family time'...really?

This is real dirt! haha. (Max Mosley F1 boss)
I have no idea, as I wrote in the story. People get hired and fired all the time, relationships sour and people move on. Why use the "family time" reason?

Why not get out in front of this and control the message, thank LB for everything that he's done and move along. It would stop jerkies like me wondering what's going on, make Larry's life easier and it would seem to me to end everything. Who knows?
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
3/4/2011 10:50am
Maybe because it is business and all of the details have not been worked out yet, or maybe like Chad Reed has said Larry is very hard to work with and James does not want to throw him under the bus right now.
burnside
3/4/2011 10:54am
Yeah who knows. Sounded like Chad had some clue when he tweeted stuff like, and I'm paraphrasing here.. "if what i hear is true Im your no1 fan".. Maybe Reed should spill the beans! haha

The Shop

MBBadgers
3/4/2011 10:58am
Maybe a gag order? this is a high profile team, Where is FTE when we need him?
zippy895
3/4/2011 11:27am
GrapeApe wrote:
Whether or not we as fans deserve an explanation is sort of beside the point. It is PR 101 that even in a little piss ant...
Whether or not we as fans deserve an explanation is sort of beside the point. It is PR 101 that even in a little piss ant sport like ours, you get out in front of the story and control it. Just a little press release or interview with a vague explanation of what has happened and where things currently stand would eliminate these painful threads on the forums and the comments on the magazine websites. You don't leave room for rampant speculation amongst the masses. Stewart and Brooks have both been PR disasters historically, but I thought with the inclusion of Red Bull on the team they would certainly have someone looking out for the team's PR.

If before the season they would have offered a brief explanation of the ownership change, new sponsors, and new structure of the team, and then with this latest event offered a brief explanation along the lines of "Brooks is taking a step back from his full time managerial duties, replacement to be named shortly", this would be a non-story. Instead, we get evasive, coy, and frankly bullshit explanations that make people want to dig deeper and find out what's really happening. With their silence they have created interest where there might not be anything interesting.
well put.!
TeamGreen
3/8/2011 12:37pm
So...

L & M, out.

JSE, In.

Shouldn't the name change, tho?

The JSE thing doesn't sound Racey enuff.

I'm thinkin' Stewart Motorsports Group.
Sparkalounger
3/8/2011 12:54pm
hasko158 wrote:
Reed even said that James was asking him questions about running your own team. There is no breaking story here. When was the last time you...
Reed even said that James was asking him questions about running your own team. There is no breaking story here. When was the last time you saw an L&M logo? James brought Red Bull on. The bigger question is, will Mookie move to that team and will they race all the outdoors?
i am told JS did indeed buy out the rest of the team and Mookie will move to the team in 2012.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
3/8/2011 12:58pm
TeamGreen wrote:
So...

L & M, out.

JSE, In.

Shouldn't the name change, tho?

The JSE thing doesn't sound Racey enuff.

I'm thinkin' Stewart Motorsports Group.
is the team even called L&M anymore, isnt it just san manuel
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
3/8/2011 1:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2011 1:27pm
San Manuel Red Bull Yamaha
spd721
3/8/2011 1:33pm
With this dealing with James, I'm not surprised he is being so hush hush about it. He's that way with everything.

Post a reply to: Good write-up about JSE/Brooks Matthes

The Latest