Good write-up about JSE/Brooks Matthes

TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:53pm
Via Racer X:

Where's Larry?

Why not just come out and say what happened? Do they think the fans are idiots and won't read through the crap. If you don't want to say, just say it's a sensitive issue and you don't want to talk about it, but don't feed us this "time with family" bs.
|
IceMan446
3/3/2011 8:40am
There is a reason they haven't said anything. Its a team choice and I think we will see a new manager after daytona.
jasonward73
3/3/2011 8:58am
Does anyone find it weird that Matthes writes a story with theories or questioning what is going on with the team when in the past week he tweeted that he spoke with LB and was told the whole story but was sworn to secrecy? Makes writing the story appear to be like pissing in the wind. He knows the story, just wait until he's told he can write about it and gives us the real explanation.
burnside
3/3/2011 9:02am
Does anyone find it weird that Matthes writes a story with theories or questioning what is going on with the team when in the past week...
Does anyone find it weird that Matthes writes a story with theories or questioning what is going on with the team when in the past week he tweeted that he spoke with LB and was told the whole story but was sworn to secrecy? Makes writing the story appear to be like pissing in the wind. He knows the story, just wait until he's told he can write about it and gives us the real explanation.
I agree, I was reading it with interest thinking it was going to tell us something.. got to the last paragraph and was like, oh.
BobbyM
3/3/2011 9:23am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Via Racer X: [url=http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/03/03/wheres-larry-brooks]Where's Larry?[/url] Why not just come out and say what happened? Do they think the fans are idiots and won't read through the...
Via Racer X:

Where's Larry?

Why not just come out and say what happened? Do they think the fans are idiots and won't read through the crap. If you don't want to say, just say it's a sensitive issue and you don't want to talk about it, but don't feed us this "time with family" bs.
you sound like a little bitchy girl....btw what is on the Oprah show today? Don't bullshit me and say you don't know.

afuckingmazing.....

The Shop

SkidSteer
3/3/2011 9:30am
IceMan446 wrote:
There is a reason they haven't said anything. Its a team choice and I think we will see a new manager after daytona.
Oh Dang.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
3/3/2011 9:30am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Via Racer X: [url=http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/03/03/wheres-larry-brooks]Where's Larry?[/url] Why not just come out and say what happened? Do they think the fans are idiots and won't read through the...
Via Racer X:

Where's Larry?

BobbyM wrote:
you sound like a little bitchy girl....btw what is on the Oprah show today? Don't bullshit me and say you don't know.

afuckingmazing.....
O stop it Bobby, you watch Glee
Tater
Fantasy
400th
3/3/2011 9:33am
If he knows the full story but was told to sit on it until the official release, maybe he is just giving out the info he can in a way that let's us put the story together ourselves - minus the who did what and why, which might never come out in full.

My guess: Larry was given a couple unexpected and unattractive options regarding his future with JSE/SanManuel and is taking some time "with the family" to decide what to do.
moto726
3/3/2011 9:35am
we will here what they want us to here for the time being, and if you watch the Kyle Regal interview with mr. holley on supercross online then you will hear him say that brooks is out, james is the boss. But who knows, its all rumors at this point....so who cares...I just wanna see some good racing!
BobbyM
3/3/2011 9:44am
Tater wrote:
If he knows the full story but was told to sit on it until the official release, maybe he is just giving out the info he...
If he knows the full story but was told to sit on it until the official release, maybe he is just giving out the info he can in a way that let's us put the story together ourselves - minus the who did what and why, which might never come out in full.

My guess: Larry was given a couple unexpected and unattractive options regarding his future with JSE/SanManuel and is taking some time "with the family" to decide what to do.
my guess is larry was paid a fair share of cash for james's fantasy and was at the bank opening up several accounts and a new 401 k for all the cash he was paid.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
3/3/2011 9:48am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Via Racer X:

Where's Larry?

BobbyM wrote:

afuckingmazing.....
You need a new catchphrase Bobby. "afuckingmazing" is getting way old. May I suggest "superUNpumped".
hasko158
3/3/2011 10:51am
Reed even said that James was asking him questions about running your own team. There is no breaking story here. When was the last time you saw an L&M logo? James brought Red Bull on. The bigger question is, will Mookie move to that team and will they race all the outdoors?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
3/3/2011 11:04am
Be great if Larry is free to start another team and determined to do so.
IceMan446
3/3/2011 11:24am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2011 11:27am
IceMan446 wrote:
SkidSteer wrote:
Oh Dang.
I think part of that team choice was riding the nationals. LB didn't want to do them and spend some of his money since he was an owner at that time. So James choice now that he is the team was to buy LB out and do what he wants. No questions asked.

But the real question is how did it all go down. Did James just buy L&M out and tell them to kick rocks or was it to be done at the end of the supercross season? LB might have said fuck it and packed up his shit and left. Unanswered questions and maybe the whole deal isn't completed which is why neither side has said a word.
stillwelding
3/3/2011 11:28am
IceMan446 wrote:
SkidSteer wrote:
Oh Dang.
That's some funny shit right there.
phlewy
3/3/2011 11:32am
Its about money. I suppose Bubba's world has opened up some very interesting opportunities ($$$). In order to make sure all the cash stays in house, so to speak, the decks need to be cleared of L&M.

I bet James Sr. has a big hand in this. He seems to be able to watch a nickle pretty good. I don't think Brooks isn't smiling either.
SkidSteer
3/3/2011 11:41am
IceMan446 wrote:
SkidSteer wrote:
Oh Dang.
These idiots have no clue man.
SkidSteer
3/3/2011 11:42am
Be great if Larry is free to start another team and determined to do so.
Be great it Larry is free to start another epic thread here at Vital. Come on LB, tell us what really happened
IceMan446
3/3/2011 11:48am
SkidSteer wrote:
Oh Dang.
SkidSteer wrote:
What's you reason then smart guy?

We are all guessing at this point so nothing is for sure.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
3/3/2011 11:50am
SkidSteer wrote:
Oh Dang.
SkidSteer wrote:
No clue because nobody commented on your overly obvious hint that Dang will step in as team manager?
BobbyM
3/3/2011 4:43pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
Via Racer X:

Where's Larry?

BobbyM wrote:

afuckingmazing.....
TriRacer27 wrote:
You need a new catchphrase Bobby. "afuckingmazing" is getting way old. May I suggest "superUNpumped".
"afuckingmazing" is timeless...and copyrighted.
spd721
3/3/2011 4:46pm
I really wish that LB and James would just come clean what's going on. James covering everything up is getting old.
purpleNurple
3/3/2011 5:04pm
Seems to me in a sport with a lot of distractions, one might want to limit the distractions and questions surrounding an issue and put the thing to rest.
peelout
3/3/2011 5:13pm
BobbyM wrote:

afuckingmazing.....
TriRacer27 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
"afuckingmazing" is timeless...and copyrighted.
i afuckinggree

so stfu, tri-gizzmit
3/3/2011 5:31pm
I've been told an anonymous source close to the situation that we will either hear soon what happened or possibly later down the road. Others I have been in contact with have suggested a possibility of us never hearing the whole story.

Stay tuned.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
3/3/2011 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2011 5:35pm

afuggenmazing © ® ™
BD49
3/3/2011 6:09pm
who really cares, and why is it any of our business?
DrSweden
3/3/2011 6:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2011 6:40pm
There's still no journalism in MX and SX. The sport it to small, the insiders know each other and it's impossible to tell the truth without burning bridges. I'm sure the people in the bizz like Matthes knows the real story and we fans are just staring dumbfounded outside the fences... Business as usual...

Seems Stew gave LB the finger, but time will tell...
jmar
3/3/2011 7:02pm
I hope that JSE, or San Manuel doesn't turn into the Dallas Cowboys of Motocross and Supercross.
Matthes
3/3/2011 7:05pm
Hold on people, I didn't speak to LB- I have texted him back and forth. He's never gone into detail with me about what happened but said that we would talk soon. I know a little bit but really, not much more than I put into the story. I'm not hiding anything and as far as anyone who says we (the mx media) shouldn't report on this move, give your head a shake.

It's arguably the highest profile manager on the circuit on one of the top teams. He was let go (or reassigned) and it's news-like it or not.
Sherwood
3/3/2011 7:09pm
Matthes wrote:
Hold on people, I didn't speak to LB- I have texted him back and forth. He's never gone into detail with me about what happened but...
Hold on people, I didn't speak to LB- I have texted him back and forth. He's never gone into detail with me about what happened but said that we would talk soon. I know a little bit but really, not much more than I put into the story. I'm not hiding anything and as far as anyone who says we (the mx media) shouldn't report on this move, give your head a shake.

It's arguably the highest profile manager on the circuit on one of the top teams. He was let go (or reassigned) and it's news-like it or not.
Some people would like to go back to the 1-900-prorace days. Make it "core" again.

Post a reply to: Good write-up about JSE/Brooks Matthes

The Latest