Good job Bowyer

machine
Edited Date/Time 1/4/2015 6:14pm
I thought you did a good job, for your first time in the booth, "salty" and all...Wink .... keep it up.

|
trailhopper
1/4/2015 10:10am
Way better than volleyball boy IMO. Now if only they would add a Sheheen mute button I would be happy. Blush
Highsider
1/4/2015 10:11am
Andy is a good guy and he will be solid in the booth.
andyman
1/4/2015 10:17am
Way better than volleyball boy IMO. Now if only they would add a Sheheen mute button I would be happy. Blush
I dont get this Sheheen *hate*, i think he's really good. I like RC also, but this time he went little bit too far with how he talked about he's team and KR94...But of course he was pumped, so i forgive him Wink
Hattica77
1/4/2015 11:02am
machine wrote:
I thought you did a good job, for your first time in the booth, "salty" and all...Wink .... keep it up.

Hey man, thanks a lot it! I feel like the next show will be much better on my part. I was (obviously) nervous, plus we had some technical difficulties with the headsets and the live timing and scoring was down almost the whole show. Jim does such a good job, he really helped pull me through.

Can't tell you guys how proud I am to be on Race Day Live and also can't express how difficult it is to do TV/Net production. I spoke with and got pointers from DC, Ralph, Jaime Little, Weege, and everybody and they all all helped a bunch. I knew the first show would be sketchy for me, but I'll tighten it up. Kevin did a FANTASTIC job as well as Paul and all the folks that did it before me. It isn't easy as it looks.

Its so funny, I read the practice thread, and never even noticed I said "salty." Haha, I'll write that down really big in my notes so we can leave that word out of the Phoenix show.

The Shop

machine
1/4/2015 11:09am
machine wrote:

Hattica77 wrote:
Hey man, thanks a lot it! I feel like the next show will be much better on my part. I was (obviously) nervous, plus we had...
Hey man, thanks a lot it! I feel like the next show will be much better on my part. I was (obviously) nervous, plus we had some technical difficulties with the headsets and the live timing and scoring was down almost the whole show. Jim does such a good job, he really helped pull me through.

Can't tell you guys how proud I am to be on Race Day Live and also can't express how difficult it is to do TV/Net production. I spoke with and got pointers from DC, Ralph, Jaime Little, Weege, and everybody and they all all helped a bunch. I knew the first show would be sketchy for me, but I'll tighten it up. Kevin did a FANTASTIC job as well as Paul and all the folks that did it before me. It isn't easy as it looks.

Its so funny, I read the practice thread, and never even noticed I said "salty." Haha, I'll write that down really big in my notes so we can leave that word out of the Phoenix show.
Haha...i've done public speaking presentations before and know how hard it is and that wasn't even close to what you had to do. I saw where you had to adjust Tony's mic midstream....good luck!
BobbyM
1/4/2015 11:25am
machine wrote:

Bowyer is a natural when it comes to that kind of stuff IMHO. Great job Andrew.
adastramx
1/4/2015 11:30am
You did great Andy, during the show I thought to myself, damn he's a natural at this.
ChrisB10
1/4/2015 11:31am
I thought he was terrible. He seems like a super nice guy and I know it was his 1st time but even so IMO he's not cut out for tv. He was so nervous and awkward at times it made me uncomfortable. Like after the interviews he had this look of terror like uhhh what do I do now. I'm not ripping him at all, I felt bad for him. I absolutely hated doing speeches and presis in college because I'd get so nervous. I thought the volleyball guy was much better.
B-EVANS
1/4/2015 11:45am
You did fine, especially for first time. Nothing personal, but I would like to see ya'll less and the riders and the track more. Let me listen to you guys talk while showing me the C practices more. I'll even watch the dozers. All in all though, good job.
DA498
1/4/2015 12:09pm
B-EVANS wrote:
You did fine, especially for first time. Nothing personal, but I would like to see ya'll less and the riders and the track more. Let me...
You did fine, especially for first time. Nothing personal, but I would like to see ya'll less and the riders and the track more. Let me listen to you guys talk while showing me the C practices more. I'll even watch the dozers. All in all though, good job.
THIS......
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
1/4/2015 12:11pm
You did excellent Andy! Keep at it and these haters will have no choice but to change opinions!
Hattica77
1/4/2015 12:43pm
B-EVANS wrote:
You did fine, especially for first time. Nothing personal, but I would like to see ya'll less and the riders and the track more. Let me...
I've been telling the producer that and they know. As a fan, I'm the same way. You guys log on to see the action on the track. Your voices are heard.

As for the haters, there will always be people that don't like me, or anyone for that matter. When I was nervous it was because...well, there were some technical problems. Pros know how to handle those types of kinks but it was my first swing so when we had electrical probs (that you guys can't hear) I kind of went on melt down haha! They want it to be perfect, I want it to be perfect. Goals will be reached. It was a good show all in all I thought, I finally was able to watch it on my flight home.

Thanks for all the props though, I'm stoked. Next week will be a breeze!
TeamGreen
1/4/2015 12:52pm
B-EVANS wrote:
Hattica77 wrote:
I've been telling the producer that and they know. As a fan, I'm the same way. You guys log on to see the action on the...
I've been telling the producer that and they know. As a fan, I'm the same way. You guys log on to see the action on the track. Your voices are heard.

As for the haters, there will always be people that don't like me, or anyone for that matter. When I was nervous it was because...well, there were some technical problems. Pros know how to handle those types of kinks but it was my first swing so when we had electrical probs (that you guys can't hear) I kind of went on melt down haha! They want it to be perfect, I want it to be perfect. Goals will be reached. It was a good show all in all I thought, I finally was able to watch it on my flight home.

The only people that have a legit reason to dislike you were probaly left on the ground in the 1st turn of an AX...many, many moons ago.

Happy for...and Proud of you & your ongoing Media-Career.

Keep it up,

Manny
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/4/2015 12:53pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
I thought he was terrible. He seems like a super nice guy and I know it was his 1st time but even so IMO he's not...
I thought he was terrible. He seems like a super nice guy and I know it was his 1st time but even so IMO he's not cut out for tv. He was so nervous and awkward at times it made me uncomfortable. Like after the interviews he had this look of terror like uhhh what do I do now. I'm not ripping him at all, I felt bad for him. I absolutely hated doing speeches and presis in college because I'd get so nervous. I thought the volleyball guy was much better.
Some people aren't cut out for the internet. Smile
Wildeye511
1/4/2015 12:53pm
B-EVANS wrote:
Hattica77 wrote:
I've been telling the producer that and they know. As a fan, I'm the same way. You guys log on to see the action on the...

You did a good job and what I think is cool is that you are honest with yourself and see where you can improve. Don't sweat it. Braaaap
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
1/4/2015 1:10pm
After the event was all said and done, I enjoyed the practice and supercross live more than the broadcast. I thought Andy was a great addition to a awesome service for online viewers.

Great right up by the way on racerx about riding then the case flip nut banger!
Toste
Fantasy
925th
1/4/2015 3:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2015 3:35pm
Hattica77 wrote:
Hey man, thanks a lot it! I feel like the next show will be much better on my part. I was (obviously) nervous, plus we had...

I thought you did a fine job for your first time out. I have no doubt that it is a much tougher job than it seems.

If I had one constructive criticism to offer from yesterday (of the show in general, not necessarily you), it's that maybe you and Jim were too often trying to perform the same role (color analyst). People here like to criticize Kevin Barnett because of his volleyball background (why that matters, I have no idea), but one of the things I really liked about him was that he was really good at keeping the show on track. In particular, when Jim would start meandering and belaboring a "point", Kevin would often pull focus back to action on the track (which would have been really nice yesterday with live timing being down).
hvaughn88
1/4/2015 3:33pm
Hattica77 wrote:

Toste wrote:
I thought you did a fine job for your first time out. I have no doubt that it is a much tougher job than it seems...
I thought you did a fine job for your first time out. I have no doubt that it is a much tougher job than it seems.

If I had one constructive criticism to offer from yesterday (of the show in general, not necessarily you), it's that maybe you and Jim were too often trying to perform the same role (color analyst). People here like to criticize Kevin Barnett because of his volleyball background (why that matters, I have no idea), but one of the things I really liked about him was that he was really good at keeping the show on track. In particular, when Jim would start meandering and belaboring a "point", Kevin would often pull focus back to action on the track (which would have been really nice yesterday with live timing being down).
I completely agree with you about Kevin. He did a great job at his role. I think people just wanted to hate him because of his background as a volleyball player. Same with Ralph, I don't get the venom people spit towards him. He is supposed to use hyperbole to excite the casual viewer. Why anyone thinks the broadcast is supposed to be aimed at the core fan is beyond me. It's not. And I think Ralph does an awesome job of reeling in the casual fan.

That being said, you (bowyer) are going to do a great job, too. It's obvious from your rev up column and your involvement that you have a great passion for the sport. Experience is the best tool in that job and I have no doubt you will get more polished as time goes on.
machine
1/4/2015 3:52pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
I completely agree with you about Kevin. He did a great job at his role. I think people just wanted to hate him because of his...
I completely agree with you about Kevin. He did a great job at his role. I think people just wanted to hate him because of his background as a volleyball player. Same with Ralph, I don't get the venom people spit towards him. He is supposed to use hyperbole to excite the casual viewer. Why anyone thinks the broadcast is supposed to be aimed at the core fan is beyond me. It's not. And I think Ralph does an awesome job of reeling in the casual fan.

That being said, you (bowyer) are going to do a great job, too. It's obvious from your rev up column and your involvement that you have a great passion for the sport. Experience is the best tool in that job and I have no doubt you will get more polished as time goes on.
Ralph has improved, he still gets crap because of his past love affair with Stewart and constantly butchering peoples names. He seems ok now though.
David Izer
1/4/2015 3:52pm
Andy is core and I'm looking forward to seeing them continue to find their groove.

Race Day Live is a must-watch every Saturday and is in good hands this year.

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
1/4/2015 3:57pm
I loved when he propped the mic up on Tony A... Slight hesitation then, aaawww fugg it...Laughing
Tbteam
1/4/2015 4:36pm
Andy is pure moto and did a fine job. And I'm about as critical as it gets when it comes to these guys.

Nice job, Andy. Well done.
SEEMEFIRST
1/4/2015 6:03pm
machine wrote:
Ralph has improved, he still gets crap because of his past love affair with Stewart and constantly butchering peoples names. He seems ok now though.
Like "Bis-egg-lia" in his heat race?
Someone got him straightened out later, but it's not like this is Matt's first year.
Hut
1/4/2015 6:14pm
I signed in late but I thought you did a good job on the broadcast.

Post a reply to: Good job Bowyer

The Latest