Good article by MXA but are they fishing?

adamdf
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 11:07am
Just had a read, the link for the article is below. They do make some compelling points, what do you guys think? I think the event will be great regardless, if US riders decide to show up then that will be gravy or the icing -or whatever you want to call it - on top but MXA sounds worried as if they don't think the fans will come out otherwise, i say they will and should, if i was in Cali i wouldn't miss it thats for sure, so i don't see a need to panic, if in fact they are...

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/WHO-NEEDS-TO-RIDE-THE-USGP-…
|
txmxer
4/29/2010 5:13pm
MXA sounds worried
adamdf
4/29/2010 6:14pm
txmxer wrote:
MXA sounds worried
kinda what i thought there
Sandberm
4/29/2010 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:30pm
I think Id go just to find out if the old rumor that Euro men shave their legs but the women do not is true.

Also, curious to see what is the latest gear from M. Robert ,Oxbow and Wolfsport.
motowhore
4/29/2010 6:22pm
MXA is definitely hyping it, and bias.

The Shop

Motodrew295
4/29/2010 7:04pm
I would love to go, I love the eruo riding style and to see a real works bike. I'd also like to see some "off" brands out there in the mix like TM, Husky, Aprilia.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
4/29/2010 7:11pm
This race has already gotten more publicity?

I think we sometimes overestimate the number of people who pay attention to the internet. There may be more people who show up and don't know to expect any difference.

I hope they get, good weather, a full gate and a big crowd. They'll have a pretty good track. We'll see.
adamdf
4/29/2010 7:47pm
flarider wrote:
WOW
I take this to mean your opinion is????
yzmatt
4/29/2010 8:15pm
MXA is still in business? Wow.
500guy
4/29/2010 8:39pm
More publicity ?

Once in a life time opportunity ? What happened to the 5 year deal ?
4/29/2010 8:43pm
lol, I love that in why Stewart should race, reason #2 and 3 are the same.

Their hyping it up so much gives me the feeling that something isnt going exactly right
adamdf
4/29/2010 9:04pm
lol, I love that in why Stewart should race, reason #2 and 3 are the same. Their hyping it up so much gives me the feeling...
lol, I love that in why Stewart should race, reason #2 and 3 are the same.

Their hyping it up so much gives me the feeling that something isnt going exactly right
i'm pretty sure they have everything organized and that it will be a spectacular event, but they probably see a potential for explosive revenue if US riders take part as well, i say be proud of what you have done and leave it at that, its going to be good im sure!
mxcrf34
4/29/2010 9:06pm
MXA can get pretty biased.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
4/29/2010 9:09pm
I don't see that what MXA says puts any real pressure on the teams at all. They've alienated as many riders and teams as they romanced over the years.

The race will probably have a decent crowd, with a least as many coming to see it because its a GP as they'll lose from people who won't make the trip because it's not a national with the regular national riders.

If they had to target any rider, Stewart's the one rider that will get people on the fence to come.
500guy
4/29/2010 9:10pm
The race and the track will be good , The spectator turn out is a huge question mark.

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
4/29/2010 9:15pm
You'd think with 15 million people living south of the grapevine and folks who will make the trip that they'd be able to pull at least 20,000, which I think they'd have to consider a success.
adamdf
4/29/2010 9:17pm
I dont understand why anyone who lives in California wouldn't make the trip to watch the race? I mean it is a once in a lifetime thing for any American fans to see how the GPs are run and the GP teams etc, and to see first hand all the GP riders etc, there is so much to take in at this event, if i was there i definitely would be going to watch, but then again i am as hardcore a fan of motocross as they get, i dont know, i just think it will be great and anyone that could make it, should.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
4/29/2010 9:19pm
I would like to go and I still may be able to swing it. If I would have known about it a few months sooner I would be there for sure. I would not have gone to the national at GH, But I would like to see a GP.
500guy
4/29/2010 9:20pm
You'd think with 15 million people living south of the grapevine and folks who will make the trip that they'd be able to pull at least...
You'd think with 15 million people living south of the grapevine and folks who will make the trip that they'd be able to pull at least 20,000, which I think they'd have to consider a success.
Holiday weekend in So-Cal is Lake and beach time.

one factor in attendance will be the lack of an Amateur day .

I'm guessing 5000 of us hard core fans and 2500 that come because the radio commercial said to.
500guy
4/29/2010 9:21pm
adamdf wrote:
I dont understand why anyone who lives in California wouldn't make the trip to watch the race? I mean it is a once in a lifetime...
I dont understand why anyone who lives in California wouldn't make the trip to watch the race? I mean it is a once in a lifetime thing for any American fans to see how the GPs are run and the GP teams etc, and to see first hand all the GP riders etc, there is so much to take in at this event, if i was there i definitely would be going to watch, but then again i am as hardcore a fan of motocross as they get, i dont know, i just think it will be great and anyone that could make it, should.
How can a race with a 5 year contract be a once in a life time deal ?
sdfog1
4/29/2010 9:23pm
adamdf wrote:
I dont understand why anyone who lives in California wouldn't make the trip to watch the race? I mean it is a once in a lifetime...
Well, it's not exactly once-in-a-lifetime. It's a five year deal apparently. But I do agree, if I lived in California I would definitely want to go.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
4/29/2010 9:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2010 9:30pm
adamdf wrote:
I get your point, but how can it be once in a lifetime if they have a five year contract at GH?

(D'oh!!)
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
4/29/2010 9:30pm
You'd think with 15 million people living south of the grapevine and folks who will make the trip that they'd be able to pull at least...
500guy wrote:
Holiday weekend in So-Cal is Lake and beach time. one factor in attendance will be the lack of an Amateur day . I'm guessing 5000 of...
Holiday weekend in So-Cal is Lake and beach time.

one factor in attendance will be the lack of an Amateur day .

I'm guessing 5000 of us hard core fans and 2500 that come because the radio commercial said to.
It was memorial day last year, Jay, they had a good crowd.
adamdf
4/29/2010 9:31pm
adamdf wrote:
500guy wrote:
How can a race with a 5 year contract be a once in a life time deal ?
Okay it's a 5 year deal, but its still darn special in my opinion. Anyone close enough to go see this and doesn't , surely doesn't know how lucky they are, if i was in the US there would be no doubt in my mind about attending.
txmxer
4/29/2010 9:33pm
If I lived in SoCal, I'd go. I hope the GP does well.

On the subject of MXA, they are the best motocross oriented magazine for actual riding and products IMO. On their opinion pieces like this where they try to tell the world how they should do their business...they are the Steve Cox of magazines. Smile

LIVEWIRE
4/29/2010 9:34pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:30pm
adamdf wrote:
In, I would live to regret it if I did not go.

That cat running the GP's should be offering Stewart cash to show up and race.

MXGooner
4/29/2010 10:09pm

How many European privateers can afford to come over?

I heard the true privateers have it worse in Europe. Without many americans riding, we could be looking at another Toronto SX Main event.
jamma10
4/30/2010 1:46am
Sandberm wrote:
I think Id go just to find out if the old rumor that Euro men shave their legs but the women do not is true. Also...
I think Id go just to find out if the old rumor that Euro men shave their legs but the women do not is true.

Also, curious to see what is the latest gear from M. Robert ,Oxbow and Wolfsport.
In the words of Mccread: "Your ignorance and patriotic prejudice is astonishing!"

...its Wulfsport, not Wolfsport... Jeez, some people!
burnside
4/30/2010 3:01am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:30pm
So much hinges on Stewart I think, if he rocks up theres enough hype and intrigue right there to pull us all in. Admitably it would turn into a micro Des Nations - Bubba vs The World, but it would be fun to watch and add so much kudos to the event, the other US guys could sit at home safe on the side lines and no one would even notice!

Might be a bit of a culture shock seeing so many orange bikes running up front though eh?! haha.
WideOpen
4/30/2010 3:28am Edited Date/Time 4/30/2010 3:31am
motowhore wrote:
MXA is definitely hyping it, and bias.
This GP is without a doubt the biggest race going this summer. This race will make Red Bud and the other top tracks look like a Saturday nite fair race. This race does not need any hype. MX Sports hamstrung Glen Helen this yr and Glen Helen still won the game.

Post a reply to: Good article by MXA but are they fishing?

The Latest