Good B.LaMay Interview

S.Loyer
Edited Date/Time 3/13/2015 8:34pm
Pretty good read, I swear if we got two people two organize us, we could run a full program here.
|
zehn
3/13/2015 3:55pm
Sweet, thanks for the link
uk125250
3/13/2015 4:48pm
Doesn't appear they made the right move.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
3/13/2015 4:55pm
uk125250 wrote:
Doesn't appear they made the right move.
In what way?
uk125250
3/13/2015 5:13pm
imoto34 wrote:
In what way?
Replacement not riding. Screwing someone over. Those two ways.

The Shop

DanDunes818
3/13/2015 5:26pm
Thanks for posting that Steven. Ben was really pumped about all the help VitalMX gave him. He was seriously about to hang up the boots before looking on Vital and seeing all the support. I know some people say the folks on Vital think they're more important than they actually are. Well, in this case VitalMX actually lifted a kid up, got him motivated, got him entry fees, got him a new Husky and even put the gas in the bike. Pretty crazy really.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
3/13/2015 5:30pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2015 5:33pm
Nothing against Ben LaMay but I think Rock River made the right call by going with Hill. It may not have worked out because Hill got hurt but from a business standpoint Hill is a Faster rider and higher up on the SX ladder then LeMay and like most businesses sometimes you have to make the tough decisions. Glad to see Ben got some support for the year but I don't think he got screwed by Rock River either and maybe they can pick up another rider. You never know but maybe next year they can pick up Grant or Weimer or another rider who had a factory ride in the past.
S.Loyer
3/13/2015 5:55pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Nothing against Ben LaMay but I think Rock River made the right call by going with Hill. It may not have worked out because Hill got...
Nothing against Ben LaMay but I think Rock River made the right call by going with Hill. It may not have worked out because Hill got hurt but from a business standpoint Hill is a Faster rider and higher up on the SX ladder then LeMay and like most businesses sometimes you have to make the tough decisions. Glad to see Ben got some support for the year but I don't think he got screwed by Rock River either and maybe they can pick up another rider. You never know but maybe next year they can pick up Grant or Weimer or another rider who had a factory ride in the past.
I dont see how you don't think he got screwed......Explain this to me?
They just dropped a ball on him on a Wednesday between races and gave him no forward outlook or time to prep himself and even then he was on a contract and they just dropped him.

I agree with the standpoint, its a business and a business move and it MAY of been better for them and I see where RR was coming from, but I can't see how he didn't get screwed.

If you show up to your job tomorrow, work a full day, everyone is all good with you, good friends, etc. Then Around 5AM when you're getting up to go to work, they call and say, you've been replaced. Thats not getting screwed? Yeah it's business and it happens but its still getting screwed.

Another reference would be your kid playing sports, kids made the cut to play Varsity, some new kid walks on the team half way through the season and your Kid gets cut to make room for him. Screwed.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
3/13/2015 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2015 10:40pm
S.Loyer wrote:
I dont see how you don't think he got screwed......Explain this to me? They just dropped a ball on him on a Wednesday between races and...
I dont see how you don't think he got screwed......Explain this to me?
They just dropped a ball on him on a Wednesday between races and gave him no forward outlook or time to prep himself and even then he was on a contract and they just dropped him.

I agree with the standpoint, its a business and a business move and it MAY of been better for them and I see where RR was coming from, but I can't see how he didn't get screwed.

If you show up to your job tomorrow, work a full day, everyone is all good with you, good friends, etc. Then Around 5AM when you're getting up to go to work, they call and say, you've been replaced. Thats not getting screwed? Yeah it's business and it happens but its still getting screwed.

Another reference would be your kid playing sports, kids made the cut to play Varsity, some new kid walks on the team half way through the season and your Kid gets cut to make room for him. Screwed.
I don't think LeMay got screwed as much as a faster rider being available and maybe he didn't live up to expectations. There is no way I would expect him to finish in the top ten but I would expect him to make the main most every week. Being a pro athlete is a tough job and LeMay is not exactly a household name so I think he was lucky to have the ride he had. This aint high school sports so your varsity reference does not work, this is professional racing and there are 20 guys waiting to take your job if you don't get the expected results, its not getting screwed its failing to perform, more like the NFL if there is someone better at your position available they will cut you and go with the better player,its not getting screwed its getting beat out for your job. I bet he will get more press now that hes on a Husky just because its a Husky and not a Yamaha, either way its sounds like he has a better deal now then he had before and glad vital is getting some good press for helping him out.
mellonhs
3/13/2015 8:33pm
My buddy Curt is his mechanic for the east coast rounds! He brought his bike back to his shop this week to get it ready for Indy then drove it up to Indy! Tried to get the date on my watch but didn't work out lol that bike sounds damn good!

wildbill
3/13/2015 8:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2015 8:36pm
This could, quite possibly, be the coolest pic in SX this year.

Good job on the NEW ride Ben, and thanks for sharing this pic Steve. Great interview Dan.

Post a reply to: Good B.LaMay Interview

The Latest