Goerke brothers

mxsuzuki831
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 1:31pm
Please pray for the Goerke brothers, after a he'll of a weekend for them. Kyle broke his left wrist during his heat race, while matt still remains in the hospital. Matt suffered a broken pelvis and broken left wrist. I just left te Goerke compound earlier today and it seems like the family just can't catch a break. Hope they both have a speedy recovery.
|
Highsider
3/23/2011 6:03am
Thanks for posting.
I don't think most folks know what happened that day.
flarider
3/23/2011 6:13am
I talked to their dad yesterday and believe it or not, Matt might be down for only 3 months with that pelvis fracture.
Only real problem is that Matt usually continues cardio and/or weight training when injured...works lower when an upper injury (like arm or something) and works upper with leg injuries.
With both a wrist AND a pelvis injury, he can't do that, least not much.

He does plan to hold a few schools at his private track while he's down in case anyone is interested
Fantasy
4478th
3/23/2011 6:25am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2011 6:26am
Matt's a tough dude. It looked like he was trying to walk himself off the track with a broken pelvis after that crash.
be of luck to them on their return
robkinuk
3/23/2011 6:25am
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to the brothers!

The Shop

cjmx
Fantasy
1179th
3/23/2011 7:12am
robkinuk wrote:
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to the brothers!
x2
mxknowitall
3/23/2011 8:38am
Why do people say a rider "just can't catch a break" when their riding style is such that they usually ride over the limit? I'm not trying to bash the Georkes, but some riders are the speed that they are because they ride at or over the limit. Georke is an example along with Stroupe, Pastrana, and Stewart. Those riders are obviously going to get hurt more than a smooth, calculated rider because they are pushing the limit.
500guy
3/23/2011 8:40am
Best wishes to both of them,
flarider
3/23/2011 8:55am
Why do people say a rider "just can't catch a break" when their riding style is such that they usually ride over the limit? I'm not...
Why do people say a rider "just can't catch a break" when their riding style is such that they usually ride over the limit? I'm not trying to bash the Georkes, but some riders are the speed that they are because they ride at or over the limit. Georke is an example along with Stroupe, Pastrana, and Stewart. Those riders are obviously going to get hurt more than a smooth, calculated rider because they are pushing the limit.
I disagree.
I don't believe Matt rides over his head
Kyle? Well, that's another story
mxknowitall
3/23/2011 9:00am
Why do people say a rider "just can't catch a break" when their riding style is such that they usually ride over the limit? I'm not...
flarider wrote:
I disagree.
I'm just surprised Kyle doesn't have a freestyle career. I remember him on his 65 at Bithlo doing heelclickers over the front table top.
therealjonon
3/23/2011 9:02am
flarider wrote:
I disagree.
x2 flarider. both are excellent riders also... Kyle will learn I think to settle down the more pro races he enters. Also the help from his brother wont hurt.
oldx
3/23/2011 9:52am
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery to both.

Post a reply to: Goerke brothers

The Latest