Goerke Training School - Pushup Challenge

teggers
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 6:48am
Pushup rules at bottom of this post.....$100 EIDave bet is accepted!

I talked with Gary Goerke (Matt's dad) earlier today and here is the scoop on the school that I mentioned in the pushup post.

It will be in Central Fla, about 30 minutes from downtown at a private track.

2 day school on 7/23 - 24

Primitive lodging is included til the beds run out

RV parking is available - no hookup

Instruction will be from 9-4 both days with open practice after that

Cost is $225 per rider - meals included.

Matt Goerke will be on hand on Thursday for riding and lessons

(He leaves for Washougal Friday morn)

Gary will be providing fitness consultation and nutritional tips on both days. Gary is a former member of NSVA (National Strength and Conditioning Association). NSCA Gary became knowledgeable in fitness not only because he is an EMT and his job requires it, but being instrumental with Matt coming up through the Amateur ranks, he wanted to know and use correct "hands on" instruction. Gary has been through it all and knows the direction (and pitfalls) to point young riders to have a shot at MX success. You, of course, will see his other son, Kyle, at Loretta Lynns National Championship this year.

I actually did not know all of this until I pried it out of Gary.

This is the perfect place/time to learn/hone your skills for the upcoming Amateur National. Learn directly from the people that have been there (and won).

Contact: goerke@embarqmail.com Ph# 386-228-3414 msg if no answer....

It really sounds like a good way to spend two days of riding training.

PUSH UP Challenge - Da Rules!

On the 86 in 1 minute that Matt does - You must touch your chest to someone's clenched fist sitting on the ground under your chest. This is rule for the EMT challenge that Gary won with a count of - I think he said 66.

There is another type where you must touch a spring with your chest and that will electronically count as you proceed. Matt did 80 of this type. Apparently, Kyle is on the verge of matching Matt. Amazing.

So... EID - you still on $100 - 86 in a minute with top set of rules? That might be fun to video tape that one....
|
flarider
7/13/2009 3:37pm
Yeah, I'm in

No knees, on toes, right?
Sledneck
7/15/2009 5:16pm
Girls get on their knees.
AusMxFan
7/16/2009 3:23am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:56am
I used to do a lot of pushups. I still do them occasionally except I use push up bars.I tried just now and got to 80 in a minute 10, proper technique. I think I could hit 86 in a min in a week or two if i wanted to train that way.

I don't see how it relates to riding a motorcycle though. It would make more sense to me to train in a way that requires more endurance. They don't race for a minute.

The Shop

teggers
7/16/2009 3:18pm
I'm sure it's just one aspect of his training - likely a side-note/quirk kinda thing. You have to train with all kinds of different types of muscle uses.

I actually do the Yoga type of push ups.....very very slow down, very very slow up. I can do about 10 and I'm spent.

Post a reply to: Goerke Training School - Pushup Challenge

The Latest