Goddammit.....F*&^% Cancer!!!

drmarkr
Destry just posted....

Destry Abbott with Charlotte Morgan Abbott.
2 mins · Peoria ·
WOW!!! I honestly don't even know what to say right now!!! As most of know I've been fighting a tough fight with my battle of cancer (Leukemia). Charlotte (my wife) has been by my side since the day we met. Well, we just received bad news yesterday that Charlotte has breast cancer and it's moved into her lymph nodes! She's having more tests done today and will be starting treatment here in AZ. This road just got a lot tougher, but I know both of us are going to do everything we can to get healthy again! Thank you for the support!
|
mx836
8/31/2016 8:43am
Wow. That's pretty crazy. Best of luck to the both of them.
moscrop940
8/31/2016 8:46am
Cancer has no types, no preference, and no fucks to give.

Best of luck to the whole Abbott clan.

Damn.
Tim507
8/31/2016 8:54am

Saw the post a bit ago - Pretty overwhelming!!!
RG1
8/31/2016 9:07am
That is just awful news. Can't even begin to imagine what they are going through. All the best wishes in the world to the Abbott family

The Shop

Camp332
8/31/2016 9:27am
Horrible! Got my prayers with them. They have younger kids too, right? That's sad to think about.
davistld01
8/31/2016 9:43am
Cancer just flat sucks. Sorry to hear, and prayers for recovery for both.
8/31/2016 9:43am
Awful news. I feel for his family. We are currently going through Stage 4 Pancreatic cancer with my Mother.

[Would be nice if you didn't have to use the Lord's name in vain in the thread title. You censored your F-bomb, can't do the same for your other word?]
danf250f
8/31/2016 10:07am
Destry, Charlotte, Hang in there and keep fighting!!
JW381
8/31/2016 10:10am
Terrible news. I know they'll get thru it, but still heart breaking
IWreckALot
8/31/2016 10:44am
If there was one thing we could find the cure for in this world it would be cancer. It's the worst thing to watch a person go through even when it's treatable.
Agent717
8/31/2016 11:26am
Devastating. Thoughts are with the entire family.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/31/2016 12:03pm
I'll second that. F*&^% Cancer.
drmarkr
8/31/2016 12:22pm
MANNERS226 wrote:
Awful news. I feel for his family. We are currently going through Stage 4 Pancreatic cancer with my Mother. [Would be nice if you didn't have...
Awful news. I feel for his family. We are currently going through Stage 4 Pancreatic cancer with my Mother.

[Would be nice if you didn't have to use the Lord's name in vain in the thread title. You censored your F-bomb, can't do the same for your other word?]
Censor it? I f*&^ing meant it......there was no "using God's name in vain" there....
500guy
8/31/2016 12:24pm
What a bad deal, F****K Cancer
3rdgearpinned
8/31/2016 12:25pm
Breast cancer research has improved by leaps and bounds. My mom was diagnosed in December last year and it was also in her nodes. She just finished her chemo and radiation and has no signs of cancer so far from the scans. Prayers for them.
Bruneval
8/31/2016 12:28pm
Such a terrible thing to happen to this family. Thoughts are with them.
JM485
8/31/2016 12:30pm
I just saw his post, I can't believe it. Talk about a family that doesn't deserve this type of stuff.
RG95
8/31/2016 1:39pm
Sad news, all the best to him and his family
mach6972
8/31/2016 1:46pm
MANNERS226 wrote:
Awful news. I feel for his family. We are currently going through Stage 4 Pancreatic cancer with my Mother. [Would be nice if you didn't have...

drmarkr wrote:
Censor it? I f*&^ing meant it......there was no "using God's name in vain" there....
I had a problem getting pass that myself. I hope the best for them
Bauer
8/31/2016 2:06pm
That's brutal, for sure. All the best to Destry and his wife, hopefully they caught both early enough to kill it. My sister, Sue, had lymphatic cancer and had all her lymph nodes surgically stripped/removed. I'm thinking it's been close to twenty years ago, maybe more and she's been cancer-free ever since. Other than having to be more careful about getting sick, due to her resistance to infections being lower, she's led a normal life.

I have two friends in Louisiana, Sam and Dina, who have been locked in a battle against cancer for over three years now. Scottie, you might remember Sam as "Sampire", from the old MCM2 days in the Zone. Dina was diagnosed first with an extremely rare and incurable form of myeloid leukemia and during the course of getting her treatment, Sam was found to have an equally rare type of incurable bone cancer, called myeloma. His is in a "smoldering" stage, and holding.

These two are the two strongest people I know. High school lovers, now in their thirties, their days and weeks are spent shuttling between the MD Anderson cancer center in Texas and their home in LA. She faces a lifetime of chemo to keep her cancer at bay and they both are constantly going through test after test. Only one in 14,238 people contract the types of cancer they have, yet they both did. For the past several years the only time she has gone out all year was to the Houston Supercross and they schedule a week of testing and treatment around it, because MD Anderson is right down the road. This year they made it to the Atlanta event and I spent some time with them there...just a fantastic couple.

So please include Sam and Dina in your prayers for the Abbotts. I sent Sam an email telling him about Destry and his wife, hopefully they can be supportive of each other...there cannot be very many couples in similar circumstances and I wish them all the best.

Cancer does suck.
8/31/2016 2:12pm
MANNERS226 wrote:

drmarkr wrote:
To many members on here, I would imaging a "GD" is more offensive than an 'F-bomb', but hey, it's a free speaking internet forum so I can only set my expectations so high.
mark1960
8/31/2016 2:15pm
Sad news.

Goes to show, no matter how sorry you feel for yourself there is always someone worse off!

Best wishes.
TheWeapon
Fantasy
68th
8/31/2016 4:10pm
IWreckALot wrote:
If there was one thing we could find the cure for in this world it would be cancer. It's the worst thing to watch a person...
If there was one thing we could find the cure for in this world it would be cancer. It's the worst thing to watch a person go through even when it's treatable.
Same - it would be a happy day for me if I'm out of a job because they found a universal cure for cancer.
Crush
8/31/2016 4:38pm
Wow.... just awful. Thoughts with them.
KMC440
8/31/2016 4:43pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2016 4:46pm
mark1960 wrote:
Sad news.

Goes to show, no matter how sorry you feel for yourself there is always someone worse off!

Best wishes.
I was having a crappy day at work. As I came to a four-way stop there was a small school bus with it's flashers on directly across the intersection in which I needed to go . I and the two other vehicles to my right and left also had to wait for the bus to pick up its passenger as they also were heading down that road. I realized the delay was for the ramp on the bus to be lowered, I noticed from behind the mini van in the driveway a small wheelchair, a push type, being pushed by probably the grandma. All I could see was the head of the youngster no arms wiggling around or legs hanging over the edge of the chair, hat on head, probably in first grade or even kindergarten. It was at that moment no matter how bad my day was I wasn't in that chair. I felt a positive blush come over me as I fought back the tears for this little one knowing that he/she was going to school and to learn and grow as a person, I loved school.

My issues became instantly insignificant.

My heart is easily broken when I see people having to do battle with something theyve had thrust upon them through no fault of their own.

God bless that little one as well as keep the Abbott's strong in their fight.
TeamPumpin
8/31/2016 5:23pm
Can someone please edit the title of this thread? Not sure why it's found necessary to punctuate the F bomb, but it's fine to spell out the other word.
There are children who read these forums and that should be respected.
Bauer
8/31/2016 6:18pm
TeamPumpin wrote:
Can someone please edit the title of this thread? Not sure why it's found necessary to punctuate the F bomb, but it's fine to spell out...
Can someone please edit the title of this thread? Not sure why it's found necessary to punctuate the F bomb, but it's fine to spell out the other word.
There are children who read these forums and that should be respected.
I find your avatar more offensive than the title of this thread, goddammit!

Post a reply to: Goddammit.....F*&^% Cancer!!!

The Latest