Go take a gander at...

tobz
6/28/2017 8:59pm
gt80rider wrote:
Seriously clueless.... I work in the same field, just another industry... Speed is everything on the web... What is news today, is long forgotten tomorrow... And...
Seriously clueless....

I work in the same field, just another industry... Speed is everything on the web... What is news today, is long forgotten tomorrow... And they are asking nicely that you visit their front page... The greater the clicks, the higher the Alexa, the more they can get for ads...

Btw.. People don't wanna pay diddly squat for ads on the web... So u should be damned stoked they have as many people on staff as they do, travel for coverage as much as they do, and produce as much high quality content as they do...

Why not quit acting like an a hole and give them a click on the main page so they can keep putting out quality content and keep food on their tables?
tobz wrote:
I'll ignore your personal attacks and blatant ignorance with what I was trying to get across. But I'll play along. It's seems your "same field different...
I'll ignore your personal attacks and blatant ignorance with what I was trying to get across. But I'll play along. It's seems your "same field different industry elitism" doesn't agree with the other numerous people who's agreed with me that they prefer reading instead of watching an interview (which is also different to listening to an on-demand radio show, ie, a podcast). And if this is your idea of someone being an a-hole then the world must be a sad sad place for you, and I'm sorry about that. Whenever I see a post saying check out the home page, I certainly do, but as soon as I see that it's a video then I move on.

Speed and convenience is everything, which is why I prefer reading.

Unless your a one finger typist, typing a 5 minute. Convo takes next to nothing, saves bandwidth (negligible but just as relevant as your points you've brought up), and saves anyone having to deal with vital super shitty media player.

I didn't say anything about paying, or complain about ads, but since you bring it up, in my experience, I'm not paying attention to a add that plays before a video, because I want to watch the freaking video, but I can tell you I've clicked on more adds next to articles than video adds that play before or during a video. Food for thought, I'm only a consumer, but your the expert?

dirtnapper wrote:
"....other numerous people who agree with me...." Numerous? REALLY - NUMEROUS?? I counted 3!! Hahaha:laugh: dude come on.... The homepage is awesome, Vital staff, dont let...
"....other numerous people who agree with me...."

Numerous? REALLY - NUMEROUS?? I counted 3!!

HahahaLaughing dude come on....

The homepage is awesome, Vital staff, dont let this moran tell ya any different.
Thanks for backing my point up by counting them.
6/28/2017 9:15pm
I must be the minority here. I like the videos because I read enough emails/documents/contracts/POs/etc all day to make my head explode. The videos allow me to listen while I multitask and take care of something else.

Why don't you guys go out in the garage, click on the video interview, set your phone down, and then clean your air filter while you are listening to the interview??

The guys at Vital do a great job with all the content. All the content all has to be captured, processed, edited, reviewed, formatted, uploaded, etc. It takes a ton of time.....and it doesn't cost anyone a cent.
tobz
6/28/2017 9:19pm
I must be the minority here. I like the videos because I read enough emails/documents/contracts/POs/etc all day to make my head explode. The videos allow me...
I must be the minority here. I like the videos because I read enough emails/documents/contracts/POs/etc all day to make my head explode. The videos allow me to listen while I multitask and take care of something else.

Why don't you guys go out in the garage, click on the video interview, set your phone down, and then clean your air filter while you are listening to the interview??

The guys at Vital do a great job with all the content. All the content all has to be captured, processed, edited, reviewed, formatted, uploaded, etc. It takes a ton of time.....and it doesn't cost anyone a cent.
That's good man, no objections here that it suits your needs.

Side note, I'd love to be out cleaning air filters but with a broken scaphoid I'm down for a while Pinch

The Shop

dkg
6/28/2017 9:53pm Edited Date/Time 6/28/2017 10:06pm
ML512 wrote:
Videos are quicker to finish and be ready for our viewers to listen to. In the online media world, speed is everything. Also, many prefer video...
Videos are quicker to finish and be ready for our viewers to listen to. In the online media world, speed is everything. Also, many prefer video to written...personally I like to be able to see the rider's facial expressions and hear their tone, stuff doesn't get lost in translation that way. Lastly, we have a competitor that does transcribe there's so we try to fill the needs/wants of the viewer that doesn't want to read it. But thank you for thinking of us as lazy! It's only 11pm and I'm still packing and working on a big piece for tomorrow...after I dove back and forth from Vegas for Pulp and was in Utah over the weekend for Nitro...ohhh, I also to be back up at 2am to drive to LAX for a flight to Canada for a bike intro...our staff is not "lazy". Smile
Since this subject has come up, let me just give my personal opinion. Not in anyway implying laziness or critiquing editorial choices. But heck, I want the best of both worlds. When I am looking for information, I much prefer written to video. Simple fact of the matter is I can get to it much faster and don't have to hassle with trying to get to a specific time stamp. My preference applies across the board to online information. The tendency of many news channels to rely on videos has simply caused me to look for a news source where it is written. So in the moto world the videos are not that big of a deal as moto is more of a passion/entertainment for me. My ideal method is video followed by a written transcription. With both, I can get to the content quickly and decide if I want to wade through the video. I appreciate the need for speed in online information. Seems to be an editorial choice in balancing speed vs usability. I suspect I am probably in the minority in my preference of written or video+written. Just thought I'd share my personal preference for your consideration.

I wonder if any of the speech recognition programs would speed the process of providing written material?

Either way, keep up the good work I appreciate and enjoy your site and content. Thanks for the efforts.

FYI:

Average speech speed - 110 to 150 words per minute.

Average reading speeds:

Third-grade students = 150 words per minute (wpm)
Eight grade students = 250
Average college student = 450
Average “high level exec” = 575
Average college professor = 675
Speed readers = 1,500
World speed reading champion = 4,700
Average adult: 300 wpm
KB221
6/28/2017 10:27pm
I agree this is bullshit I want my money back...Whistling
IWreckALot
6/29/2017 7:38am
KB221 wrote:
I agree this is bullshit I want my money back...Whistling
They pay me to post here. I just need a raise to deal with this shit at this point.

Kidding.

I'm always floored to hear some of Vital's finest opinions on things. I'll watch a race and I completely miss about 80% of the things people complain about. I enjoy the home page just fine and I come in here and the content is apparently lazy. Completely missed that.
Squirtlege
6/29/2017 9:31am
Tobz is totes triggered bro..

Jayzus, give it a rest
hititpind
6/29/2017 10:45am
I rarely read/listen to interviews in this industry. But only because there isn't much personality . It's all text book answers. Buzz Killington style.
tobz
6/29/2017 8:44pm
Squirtlege wrote:
Tobz is totes triggered bro..

Jayzus, give it a rest
Not sure what that means, but thanks for contributing Smile
Grieby54
6/29/2017 10:17pm
GuyB wrote:
Stop feeding the troll.

tobz wrote:
Just because you don't agree with my opinion doesn't make me a troll, they're valid points where people can agree or disagree. But it dissent suprise...
Just because you don't agree with my opinion doesn't make me a troll, they're valid points where people can agree or disagree. But it dissent suprise me that youve pulled the condescending card.
You're butt hurt because he was condescending, yet it's ok to call the guys that produce FREE content for you and a FREE forum lazy? Ok...
swtwtwtw
6/29/2017 10:32pm
I love the home page stuff. Oh and ml512 I have the new mobius wrist braces if your wanting a review guy on them

BobbyM
6/29/2017 10:48pm
Never knew mxers were such whiners..geezuz keerist. Back in the day it wasn't like that .
tobz
6/29/2017 11:28pm
GuyB wrote:
Stop feeding the troll.

tobz wrote:
Just because you don't agree with my opinion doesn't make me a troll, they're valid points where people can agree or disagree. But it dissent suprise...
Just because you don't agree with my opinion doesn't make me a troll, they're valid points where people can agree or disagree. But it dissent suprise me that youve pulled the condescending card.
Grieby54 wrote:
You're butt hurt because he was condescending, yet it's ok to call the guys that produce FREE content for you and a FREE forum lazy? Ok...
Yeah man but I'm not condescending, I'm buttfuzzled.
tobz
6/29/2017 11:32pm
BobbyM wrote:
Never knew mxers were such whiners..geezuz keerist. Back in the day it wasn't like that .
I know right, old fellers never whine. The days will never be as good as when you used walk to and from school, uphill both ways eh.

It's people that can't take criticism or opinion without firing back insults that really blow this shit out of proportion.
tobz
6/29/2017 11:33pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
I love the home page stuff. Oh and ml512 I have the new mobius wrist braces if your wanting a review guy on them [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/06/29/202635/s1200_FB_IMG_1498800699462.jpg[/img]
I love the home page stuff. Oh and ml512 I have the new mobius wrist braces if your wanting a review guy on them

I'd be interested in READING a review on these. I think I'll be in the market for a wrist brace in 5-6 weeks.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/29/2017 11:35pm
BobbyM wrote:
tobz wrote:
I know right, old fellers never whine. The days will never be as good as when you used walk to and from school, uphill both ways...
I know right, old fellers never whine. The days will never be as good as when you used walk to and from school, uphill both ways eh.

It's people that can't take criticism or opinion without firing back insults that really blow this shit out of proportion.
In my opinion you threw the first insult with the lazy comment...
6/29/2017 11:45pm
I wish I wouldnt have read this post. I would however like a video on the subject.
tobz
6/30/2017 12:09am
BobbyM wrote:
tobz wrote:
I know right, old fellers never whine. The days will never be as good as when you used walk to and from school, uphill both ways...

ML512 wrote:
In my opinion you threw the first insult with the lazy comment...
I sincerely apologise you took it as an insult, it was meant to be an interpretation of how uploading a video of someone talking seems convenient for you because you're driving to and from a pulp show, doesn't suit me as a consumer. I'd take it back and reword it if I could.
scooter5002
6/30/2017 8:50am
GuyB wrote:
Stop feeding the troll.

tobz wrote:
Too lazy to spellcheck? Lol
tobz
6/30/2017 2:45pm
GuyB wrote:
Stop feeding the troll.

tobz wrote:
Too lazy to spellcheck? Lol
Yeeeah damn auto correct.

Should of just uploaded a quick video reply Tongue
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
6/30/2017 8:40pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2017 8:41pm
Click the prick. If you don't like the way they do things here don't come. Keep up the good work guys. The videos are great. Nice to sit at work and enjoy them.

Post a reply to: Go take a gander at...

The Latest