Go take a gander at...

GD2
Fantasy
815th
Edited Date/Time 6/29/2017 10:32pm
...the front page. We got some good stuff up over there: Muddy Creek press conference vids, an interview with Thomas Covington, Perspective, Pit Bits, Good, Bad, 'n Ugly, and Social Scoop. Trust us, it's worth one visit a day. Wink

http://www.vitalmx.com
|
dirtnapper
6/27/2017 9:46pm
Well what do you know.....it really DOES exist!!
Cool

Thanks to all for the quality stuff in there
tobz
6/27/2017 10:35pm
Such a shame vital take the lazy way and just upload their interviews as videos. I get my press conference fix and other interviews from racerx, they're not as lazy and actually type their shit out. It's faster and more convenient to read, instead of watching someone talk.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/27/2017 10:53pm
tobz wrote:
Such a shame vital take the lazy way and just upload their interviews as videos. I get my press conference fix and other interviews from racerx...
Such a shame vital take the lazy way and just upload their interviews as videos. I get my press conference fix and other interviews from racerx, they're not as lazy and actually type their shit out. It's faster and more convenient to read, instead of watching someone talk.
Videos are quicker to finish and be ready for our viewers to listen to. In the online media world, speed is everything. Also, many prefer video to written...personally I like to be able to see the rider's facial expressions and hear their tone, stuff doesn't get lost in translation that way. Lastly, we have a competitor that does transcribe there's so we try to fill the needs/wants of the viewer that doesn't want to read it. But thank you for thinking of us as lazy! It's only 11pm and I'm still packing and working on a big piece for tomorrow...after I dove back and forth from Vegas for Pulp and was in Utah over the weekend for Nitro...ohhh, I also to be back up at 2am to drive to LAX for a flight to Canada for a bike intro...our staff is not "lazy". Smile

The Shop

JM485
6/27/2017 10:55pm
ML512 wrote:
Videos are quicker to finish and be ready for our viewers to listen to. In the online media world, speed is everything. Also, many prefer video...
Videos are quicker to finish and be ready for our viewers to listen to. In the online media world, speed is everything. Also, many prefer video to written...personally I like to be able to see the rider's facial expressions and hear their tone, stuff doesn't get lost in translation that way. Lastly, we have a competitor that does transcribe there's so we try to fill the needs/wants of the viewer that doesn't want to read it. But thank you for thinking of us as lazy! It's only 11pm and I'm still packing and working on a big piece for tomorrow...after I dove back and forth from Vegas for Pulp and was in Utah over the weekend for Nitro...ohhh, I also to be back up at 2am to drive to LAX for a flight to Canada for a bike intro...our staff is not "lazy". Smile
Ya ya ya, but you can't bottom A-kit so your opinion is invalid.Tongue
tobz
6/27/2017 11:06pm
tobz wrote:
Such a shame vital take the lazy way and just upload their interviews as videos. I get my press conference fix and other interviews from racerx...
ML512 wrote:
Videos are quicker to finish and be ready for our viewers to listen to. In the online media world, speed is everything. Also, many prefer video...
I just see the common posts from vital employees on here that seem to have to try and coax forum users into looking at your home page, are you low on front page viewers for you to keep having to do that? So I'm just providing a point as view as to why the homepage is very rarely visited on this end. If I want to watch a video,I want to watch moto, not people taking. While uploading a whole interview with a single click might be convenient (lazy? How ever you want to word it) for you, it'll have me skipping right past it.

If people wanted to watch interviews then magazines would be delivered by DVD. Jus' sayin...
Jrewing
6/28/2017 12:13am
Yeah I'm with Tobz. I do prefer written interviews. Not really thought about it before but just seems feel better.
Flip109
6/28/2017 12:53am
Only reason I like written, is so my wife doesn't tell me shut my phone up while she watches her stupid shows on TV at night LaughingSideways
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/28/2017 2:07am
tobz wrote:
ML512 wrote:
tobz wrote:
I just see the common posts from vital employees on here that seem to have to try and coax forum users into looking at your home...
I just see the common posts from vital employees on here that seem to have to try and coax forum users into looking at your home page, are you low on front page viewers for you to keep having to do that? So I'm just providing a point as view as to why the homepage is very rarely visited on this end. If I want to watch a video,I want to watch moto, not people taking. While uploading a whole interview with a single click might be convenient (lazy? How ever you want to word it) for you, it'll have me skipping right past it.

If people wanted to watch interviews then magazines would be delivered by DVD. Jus' sayin...
Well there are less and less magazines, so...

I understand what you're saying, just pointing out why we do them how we do them (this style video interview gets way more views then our written or slideshow versions did) but I get why guys like written as well. The "lazy" comment irks me...and now I'm off to LAX.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/28/2017 2:16am
tobz wrote:
I just see the common posts from vital employees on here that seem to have to try and coax forum users into looking at your home...

Also...while we do point it out a lot, it's not low, it's just not as much as what we've got going on in here. We've made some big ground on that the past few years but we'd like to continue the improvement, and we know some people are here for this giant thing...so some nudges towards the content we produce from time-to-time still helps.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
6/28/2017 2:54am
tobz wrote:

ML512 wrote:
Also...while we do point it out a lot, it's not low, it's just not as much as what we've got going on in here. We've made...
Also...while we do point it out a lot, it's not low, it's just not as much as what we've got going on in here. We've made some big ground on that the past few years but we'd like to continue the improvement, and we know some people are here for this giant thing...so some nudges towards the content we produce from time-to-time still helps.
Maybe you could start a online subscription so you can affoard to employee more people and have someone transcribe those inteviews and post them.

Im sure in this day and age people are more than willing to PAY for a online subscription to to what is currently a free website with plenty of content.

$9.99 a month for every person who wants to visit, im sure everyone that comes here every day, or once a week or a couple of times a month would happily pay such a fee and would not simply just start visiting another site that does not charge instead.

Surley that would work LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

It sort of sucks that the world is used to free media, free news, everyone want's completely unbiased reporting and all the latest information and they want it now, the way they want it and most importantly want it for free.

Enjoy the new Injected Husqvarna ML512. Im a fan of my non injected MX 250 two banger, can't wait to ride the new Enduro Models as some point.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/28/2017 3:03am
aaryn #234 wrote:
Maybe you could start a online subscription so you can affoard to employee more people and have someone transcribe those inteviews and post them. Im sure...
Maybe you could start a online subscription so you can affoard to employee more people and have someone transcribe those inteviews and post them.

Im sure in this day and age people are more than willing to PAY for a online subscription to to what is currently a free website with plenty of content.

$9.99 a month for every person who wants to visit, im sure everyone that comes here every day, or once a week or a couple of times a month would happily pay such a fee and would not simply just start visiting another site that does not charge instead.

Surley that would work LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

It sort of sucks that the world is used to free media, free news, everyone want's completely unbiased reporting and all the latest information and they want it now, the way they want it and most importantly want it for free.

Enjoy the new Injected Husqvarna ML512. Im a fan of my non injected MX 250 two banger, can't wait to ride the new Enduro Models as some point.
I'm bummed because I'm missing a really cool event Fly is putting on right now, but this Husqvarna event should make for some epic riding!
Casting
6/28/2017 3:22am
tobz wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Lots of us enjoy the interviews at videos ML.

Like you said, hearing the tone of voice and seeing facial expressions has the potential to "say" more than any written text.
10000hrs
6/28/2017 5:08am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2017 5:11am
I dont do videos because:

I can read twice as fast as I can listen to a video.
I dont want to be force fed an ad in the beginning.
I dont want to listen to head banger music.
I dont want to watch a 30 sec intro before getting to the content.
I dont want to watch a bunch of 3 second quick jump edits.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/28/2017 5:40am
tobz wrote:

Explain to me why people will listen to four-hour-long podcasts again?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/28/2017 5:43am
CR250Rider wrote:
where'd the bv go?
That's part of the deluxe paid membership.
aeffertz
6/28/2017 6:56am
I like the audio/video interviews.

Pit Bits is the best though!
GD2
Fantasy
815th
6/28/2017 7:07am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2017 7:08am
I like audio/video interviews AND written interviews. They both have positives and negatives.

But hey, I guess doing video instead of written makes you "lazy", eh? My goodness...
Indymxer
6/28/2017 7:56am
Videos usually = video ads. Especially on other sites. That's why I'd rather read and skim through for the pertinent info.
tobz
6/28/2017 5:01pm
tobz wrote:

GuyB wrote:
Explain to me why people will listen to four-hour-long podcasts again?
Cos it's "great radio bros!"
gt80rider
6/28/2017 5:53pm
tobz wrote:

Seriously clueless....

I work in the same field, just another industry... Speed is everything on the web... What is news today, is long forgotten tomorrow... And they are asking nicely that you visit their front page... The greater the clicks, the higher the Alexa, the more they can get for ads...

Btw.. People don't wanna pay diddly squat for ads on the web... So u should be damned stoked they have as many people on staff as they do, travel for coverage as much as they do, and produce as much high quality content as they do...

Why not quit acting like an a hole and give them a click on the main page so they can keep putting out quality content and keep food on their tables?
tobz
6/28/2017 6:21pm
tobz wrote:

gt80rider wrote:
Seriously clueless.... I work in the same field, just another industry... Speed is everything on the web... What is news today, is long forgotten tomorrow... And...
Seriously clueless....

I work in the same field, just another industry... Speed is everything on the web... What is news today, is long forgotten tomorrow... And they are asking nicely that you visit their front page... The greater the clicks, the higher the Alexa, the more they can get for ads...

Btw.. People don't wanna pay diddly squat for ads on the web... So u should be damned stoked they have as many people on staff as they do, travel for coverage as much as they do, and produce as much high quality content as they do...

Why not quit acting like an a hole and give them a click on the main page so they can keep putting out quality content and keep food on their tables?
I'll ignore your personal attacks and blatant ignorance with what I was trying to get across. But I'll play along. It's seems your "same field different industry elitism" doesn't agree with the other numerous people who's agreed with me that they prefer reading instead of watching an interview (which is also different to listening to an on-demand radio show, ie, a podcast). And if this is your idea of someone being an a-hole then the world must be a sad sad place for you, and I'm sorry about that. Whenever I see a post saying check out the home page, I certainly do, but as soon as I see that it's a video then I move on.

Speed and convenience is everything, which is why I prefer reading.

Unless your a one finger typist, typing a 5 minute. Convo takes next to nothing, saves bandwidth (negligible but just as relevant as your points you've brought up), and saves anyone having to deal with vital super shitty media player.

I didn't say anything about paying, or complain about ads, but since you bring it up, in my experience, I'm not paying attention to a add that plays before a video, because I want to watch the freaking video, but I can tell you I've clicked on more adds next to articles than video adds that play before or during a video. Food for thought, I'm only a consumer, but your the expert?

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/28/2017 6:56pm
Stop feeding the troll.

jeffro503
6/28/2017 7:37pm
Well...I happen to like both video and typed out interviews.

Not sure where that places me in this debate? But I enjoy all of it.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/28/2017 8:17pm
People consume content in all sorts of ways. We like the way we do it. For those who prefer another way, have at it.
r.sal923
6/28/2017 8:31pm
tobz wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Good job. This is the only web site I use for mx info.
Hut
6/28/2017 8:46pm
Not pointing fingers but I very rarely click on video interviews of any kind.
dirtnapper
6/28/2017 8:48pm
tobz wrote:

gt80rider wrote:
Seriously clueless.... I work in the same field, just another industry... Speed is everything on the web... What is news today, is long forgotten tomorrow... And...
Seriously clueless....

tobz wrote:
I'll ignore your personal attacks and blatant ignorance with what I was trying to get across. But I'll play along. It's seems your "same field different...
I'll ignore your personal attacks and blatant ignorance with what I was trying to get across. But I'll play along. It's seems your "same field different industry elitism" doesn't agree with the other numerous people who's agreed with me that they prefer reading instead of watching an interview (which is also different to listening to an on-demand radio show, ie, a podcast). And if this is your idea of someone being an a-hole then the world must be a sad sad place for you, and I'm sorry about that. Whenever I see a post saying check out the home page, I certainly do, but as soon as I see that it's a video then I move on.

Speed and convenience is everything, which is why I prefer reading.

Unless your a one finger typist, typing a 5 minute. Convo takes next to nothing, saves bandwidth (negligible but just as relevant as your points you've brought up), and saves anyone having to deal with vital super shitty media player.

I didn't say anything about paying, or complain about ads, but since you bring it up, in my experience, I'm not paying attention to a add that plays before a video, because I want to watch the freaking video, but I can tell you I've clicked on more adds next to articles than video adds that play before or during a video. Food for thought, I'm only a consumer, but your the expert?

"....other numerous people who agree with me...."

Numerous? REALLY - NUMEROUS?? I counted 3!!

HahahaLaughing dude come on....

The homepage is awesome, Vital staff, dont let this moran tell ya any different.
tobz
6/28/2017 8:55pm
GuyB wrote:
Stop feeding the troll.

Just because you don't agree with my opinion doesn't make me a troll, they're valid points where people can agree or disagree. But it dissent suprise me that youve pulled the condescending card.

Post a reply to: Go take a gander at...

The Latest