Glen Helen and MXA gloating

Edited Date/Time 10/31/2013 11:06am
I love this track but this is down right annoying. Can we get Glen Helen back but leave Jody, MXA and Feldcamp behind.
These guys sure took this opportunity to demonstrate where the maturity came from. Good for MXSports, I dont think I could work with these dickwads.

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/MOTOCROSS-ACTIONS-WEEKEND-NEWS-ROUNDUP-FLAT-LAKE-B-10661.aspx

This is from Glen Helen's Facebook

Glen Helen Raceway
By now everybody knows that the Glen Helen National has returned to its rightful place as the first AMA National of the year—that year being 2014. All the know-it-alls will be saying that they knew about it months before it was announced—but they didn’t. Ever since the disastrous Lake Elsinore National ended, the MXA gang would ask Jody if Glen Helen was coming back to the AMA Nationals. We knew that Jody would know because he has built the AMA National and USGP Grand Prix tracks since the mid-1990s. He would say, ”I don’t know.” But, of course he did know. We overheard him on occasion talking to Lori Bryant or Bud Feldkamp, but could never get enough of the conversation to get any info.

But, on the day of the official announcement Jody was nowhere to be found. We called his phone and he answered. In the background was the hum of Caterpillars. He was at Glen Helen building a track for the World Vet, but from the photos that we saw it looked like he was making a lot of major changes for a Vet race. Here are the photos of what was going on a Glen Helen this weekend.
|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/21/2013 10:56pm
I'm no know-it-all, but if I understand correctly, the first meeting about a reunification happened in the week before the last Elsinore National.
Frodad78
10/22/2013 5:37am
gloat
glōt/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: gloating

1.contemplate or dwell on one's own success or another's misfortune with smugness or malignant pleasure.

I don't see much of that in the article, they are highlighting the changes being done to the track. Can't wait till May.
MotoX85
10/22/2013 6:10am
JODY WEISEL is the reason WHY I NO LONGER subscribe to MXA. Plain and simple. If I have to hear (or read) about how great that guy is (by his own words of course) one more time I am going to FREAKIN PUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has turned that once great magazine into the current, suck KTM's nuts, rag that it is today.

But not sure how that is any different than RacerX and Honda or Transworld and all the Brotocross posers.

Sorry if the truth has struck a sensitive nerve.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
10/22/2013 6:36am
They should make all the rounds at Glen Helen!

The Shop

Frodad78
10/22/2013 6:46am
MotoX85 wrote:
JODY WEISEL is the reason WHY I NO LONGER subscribe to MXA. Plain and simple. If I have to hear (or read) about how great that...
JODY WEISEL is the reason WHY I NO LONGER subscribe to MXA. Plain and simple. If I have to hear (or read) about how great that guy is (by his own words of course) one more time I am going to FREAKIN PUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has turned that once great magazine into the current, suck KTM's nuts, rag that it is today.

But not sure how that is any different than RacerX and Honda or Transworld and all the Brotocross posers.

Funny you say that, I know a few guys that new Jody back in the day and they all say that they would love to knock him on his ass if they had the chance haha
newmann
10/22/2013 6:56am
MotoX85 wrote:
JODY WEISEL is the reason WHY I NO LONGER subscribe to MXA. Plain and simple. If I have to hear (or read) about how great that...

Suck KTM's nuts? I haven't been keeping my sub current but how many shootouts has the KTM actually won? I remember when it was Hondacross Action, Yamacross Action and I remember when Suzuki quit advertising because they told how shitty the bikes were. Now it's KTM Action? Maybe it's just because KTM is currently making so many different bikes, they're all pretty damn good AND the Japanese OEM's are currently asleep at the wheel?

Now, they do rave about the KTM250SX, but rightfully so. It deserves a little praise to see them rub the Japs nose in something they abandoned that speaks pure moto. The fact that the Japanese OEM's helped in killing off the 125 class, well they just need to fall on their swords over that.
newmann
10/22/2013 7:02am
And you guys have to admit that Pala, Elsinore and that thing in Utah were never close to being a substitute for all that is Glen Helen. I'm just glad that two people came to their senses, sat aside their differences and / or egos (whichever applies to each of them) and did what was best for the sport. Hopefully Glen Helen will have some better "facilities" now than they did when I was there ten years ago.Sick
Bytor
10/22/2013 8:00am
I was just wondering that same thing Newmann. Will all the improvements MX sports demand be done by spring? Or do they have 3 years to get them done?
Racer92
10/22/2013 8:01am
newmann wrote:
Suck KTM's nuts? I haven't been keeping my sub current but how many shootouts has the KTM actually won? I remember when it was Hondacross Action...
Suck KTM's nuts? I haven't been keeping my sub current but how many shootouts has the KTM actually won? I remember when it was Hondacross Action, Yamacross Action and I remember when Suzuki quit advertising because they told how shitty the bikes were. Now it's KTM Action? Maybe it's just because KTM is currently making so many different bikes, they're all pretty damn good AND the Japanese OEM's are currently asleep at the wheel?

Now, they do rave about the KTM250SX, but rightfully so. It deserves a little praise to see them rub the Japs nose in something they abandoned that speaks pure moto. The fact that the Japanese OEM's helped in killing off the 125 class, well they just need to fall on their swords over that.
Testify brother. Go tell it on the mountain!

Wink
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
10/22/2013 8:14am
newmann wrote:
And you guys have to admit that Pala, Elsinore and that thing in Utah were never close to being a substitute for all that is Glen...
And you guys have to admit that Pala, Elsinore and that thing in Utah were never close to being a substitute for all that is Glen Helen. I'm just glad that two people came to their senses, sat aside their differences and / or egos (whichever applies to each of them) and did what was best for the sport. Hopefully Glen Helen will have some better "facilities" now than they did when I was there ten years ago.Sick
It doesn't sound like Jody and the wrecked crew have set aside their egos.
10/22/2013 8:39am
Glen Helen and their buddies can gloat all they want but at the end of the day during the last couple of years Glen Helen missed out on a ton of money and probably loss their ass on that GP meanwhile MX Sports has continued to grow... Who looks stupid now Jody?
visser62
10/22/2013 8:49am
MotoX85 wrote:

newmann wrote:
Suck KTM's nuts? I haven't been keeping my sub current but how many shootouts has the KTM actually won? I remember when it was Hondacross Action...

I'm trying to figure out if the racism here is intentional.
gotwings
10/22/2013 8:52am
MotoX85 wrote:

^^THIS^^
newmann
10/22/2013 8:53am
newmann wrote:
And you guys have to admit that Pala, Elsinore and that thing in Utah were never close to being a substitute for all that is Glen...
It doesn't sound like Jody and the wrecked crew have set aside their egos.
Probably wouldn't be a good idea to be holding your breath waiting for that to happen. Does look like they've brought some younger blood in over there over the past few years though.

Just wondering what Mr. Info did to make Bud come around?Laughing
newmann
10/22/2013 8:54am
visser62 wrote:
I'm trying to figure out if the racism here is intentional.
Oh yeah, you have me pegged.....
Hut
10/22/2013 9:05am
I didn't sense gloating in that, but don't really care. I'm just looking forward to a true national caliber track coming back. Cool
PN27416
10/22/2013 9:13am
newmann wrote:
DITTO
Let them. No matter how it went down, lets be happy its back!
BobbyM
10/22/2013 9:22am
newmann wrote:
Paula was great...Elsinore sucked ass.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/22/2013 9:26am
BobbyM wrote:
Paula was great...Elsinore sucked ass.
Paula who? Is she in the running for the new Miss Glen Helen?
mx317
10/22/2013 9:35am
I laugh when I read that "Jody is the reason I no longer subscribe" when he has been the editor since the late 70s.
DC
10/22/2013 9:39am Edited Date/Time 10/22/2013 9:43am
That didn't seem like gloating, and while MXA has a long and strong presence at Glen Helen, they had nothing to do with this. Give Tom White and Jeff Surwall and Troy Lee credit for keeping the idea alive and helping bridge the gap, fans and enthusiasts for wanting to see a national back at Glen Helen, and Bud and Lori for working with MX Sports and the series in general to get back in the mix. Bygones have gone by, and I hope everyone comes out next May and enjoys the race, supports the track and the series, and sees a bitchin' track designed by Jody Weisel.

DC
MX Sports
Hut
10/22/2013 9:47am
DC wrote:
That didn't seem like gloating, and while MXA has a long and strong presence at Glen Helen, they had nothing to do with this. Give Tom...
That didn't seem like gloating, and while MXA has a long and strong presence at Glen Helen, they had nothing to do with this. Give Tom White and Jeff Surwall and Troy Lee credit for keeping the idea alive and helping bridge the gap, fans and enthusiasts for wanting to see a national back at Glen Helen, and Bud and Lori for working with MX Sports and the series in general to get back in the mix. Bygones have gone by, and I hope everyone comes out next May and enjoys the race, supports the track and the series, and sees a bitchin' track designed by Jody Weisel.

DC
MX Sports
Right on DC, Good Job! this is going to work out great with my travels. I'm stoked!

PS I knew the pissers and moaners deserved at least a little credit. Laughing
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
10/22/2013 9:48am
mx317 wrote:
I laugh when I read that "Jody is the reason I no longer subscribe" when he has been the editor since the late 70s.
Jody is the reason I no longer subscribe since the 1970's when he stepped in and filled Dick Miller's shoes with loads of horse crap.

Their technical stuff is fine. Their editorial and attitude stuff is infantile and idiotic.
SRP33
10/22/2013 9:50am
I am Glad its back now we need to work on Southwick LOL
mx317
10/22/2013 9:55am
mx317 wrote:
Jody is the reason I no longer subscribe since the 1970's when he stepped in and filled Dick Miller's shoes with loads of horse crap. Their...
Jody is the reason I no longer subscribe since the 1970's when he stepped in and filled Dick Miller's shoes with loads of horse crap.

Their technical stuff is fine. Their editorial and attitude stuff is infantile and idiotic.
I think we have disagreed on this before LOL. I remember Dick Miller and the "Baz" also and they were great, but MXA and RacerX are the two I look forward to every month. You have your opinion and I have mine.
peelout
10/22/2013 10:04am
meh...

next year on the only TRUE motocross track, Tooele, the start straight is going to be twice as high as it was this year. now THAT'S elevation change
Rooster
10/22/2013 10:18am
I miss the old Crazy Dave/Chicken Licks Raceway Jody's Boxes from back in the day.

Back in the 80s MXA was where it was at. They've always had the best reviews and tech reports, but they lost me when they started taking themselves so serious. That they took so long to come around to the internet didn't help them either.

Still, it's nice to have a different viewpoint available. Love em or hate em, they do provide that.
Trav138
10/22/2013 10:23am
Awesome DC, glad you guys got it worked out

Also i enjoy mxa, i look past some of the stuff, but enjoy most of it.
2stroked
10/22/2013 10:25am
newmann wrote:
When I left Glen Helen on sunday afternoon after completing the 24 hour race, I noticed it appears they are constructing a new large 'shed' building near by the starting gate. I also hope this is the new 'facilities' as they only have the one set of bathrooms by the walk of game, and the one 'hidden' bathroom by the scoring tower/signup building, not counting the single bathroom in the REM building up the hill, which I'm sure won't be open during the national.

I actually think the powers that be are going to do a good job getting Glen Helen ready in time. They get A LOT done in a short amount of time for the red bull x fighter show, and the GP, so I see no reason why they won't have it ready in time for the national. Maybe put some port a potties up on the hills and in the back section and it'll be fine. Sure to be a hell of a lot better than elsinore, that had all of one set of port a potties over by the holding pond, that was a joke!
Holigan
10/22/2013 10:44am
Is there a GP that same weekend? Maybe they could invite some of the riders back.

Post a reply to: Glen Helen and MXA gloating

The Latest