Glen Helen MXdN 2017 - British MX in Trouble

colorado2day
British MX is in Trouble and unless Brexit happens fast they can kiss the 2017 MXdN goodbye. Could the MXdN still happen in litigious happy Cali ? Or will Cali follow suit with the EU ? What does the AMA think of this ? MX Sports ?

British-mx-in-trouble/

Not like there isn't any money involved ! This is scary as hell.

|
NVA57
Fantasy
1560th
12/23/2016 12:45am
3rd party insurance is mandatory for a lot of years already in The Netherlands, if you don't have any you're not allowed to ride at any track. It's 60 euro's a year...

Why would it be the end for the UK?
HenryA
12/23/2016 12:51am
Mxlarge? Really?
philG
12/23/2016 12:57am
Utter rubbish ..... drama where there is none,

So the government having been told by the industry that it is uninsurable, is going to mandate insurance.

It wont happen as a directive from the EU... BECAUSE WE ARE LEAVING THE EU ... precisely for shit like this .

Move along , nothing to see.

Motorsport in the UK is a Multi Billion Dollar industry , creating thousands of jobs, and Billions in exports , it is a show piece for british industry , and will remain so.

This is another 'sky is falling in ' story being pedaled by people who have nothing better to do,

Wont happen.

The Shop

jeffro503
12/23/2016 1:12am
Vnuk = Total; shit!

An older guy falls from a ladder , hits and tractor , it goes in reverse and runs his ass over. lets just stop anyone and everyone from ever riding a motorcycle , or riding lawn mower , or even a golf cart.

Makes perfect sense. Insurance companies are evil. Plain and simple , and they could give two shiyts about any of the people who pay their premiums every month. But by god , they will be happy if you wrap yourself up in bubble wrap and go live in a closet. they want " you " to pay....but " they " don't want to pay when you get hurt.

Whoever came up with Vnuk....should seriously be tarred and feathered.....then shot.

I wish you guys the best of luck over there!
Bearuno
12/23/2016 1:51am
Listen to ( well read ) what philG wrote.
Robgvx
12/23/2016 1:52am
philG wrote:
Utter rubbish ..... drama where there is none, So the government having been told by the industry that it is uninsurable, is going to mandate insurance...

So the government having been told by the industry that it is uninsurable, is going to mandate insurance.

It wont happen as a directive from the EU... BECAUSE WE ARE LEAVING THE EU ... precisely for shit like this .

Motorsport in the UK is a Multi Billion Dollar industry , creating thousands of jobs, and Billions in exports , it is a show piece for british industry , and will remain so.

This is another 'sky is falling in ' story being pedaled by people who have nothing better to do,

Wont happen.
+1,000,000,000
Robgvx
12/23/2016 1:53am
philG wrote:
Utter rubbish ..... drama where there is none, So the government having been told by the industry that it is uninsurable, is going to mandate insurance...

Wont happen.
Have you seen some of the comments on FB Phil? "But we're not in the EU any more"...
12/23/2016 2:32am
Just a question: A couple years back a bike crashed at Matterly Gp ( I think it was Gasjers?)
and the bike landed in the crowd, thankfully not hurting anyone, but had it seriously injured someone , who or what's insurance would cover it?
Is this this type of incident this insurance is supposed to cover?
philG
12/23/2016 3:03am
Robgvx wrote:
Have you seen some of the comments on FB Phil? "But we're not in the EU any more"...
I've steered away from it TBH Rob,

Every two or three years something like this happens, and goes away , I remember something similar in the 90's.

IF anything comes of it, I will be starting a weekly ride out across the lawn of my local MP, ( who is a total bell end, thinks the NHS can be solved by using astrology) and becoming a wheelie boy.

philG
12/23/2016 3:07am
Just a question: A couple years back a bike crashed at Matterly Gp ( I think it was Gasjers?) and the bike landed in the crowd...
Just a question: A couple years back a bike crashed at Matterly Gp ( I think it was Gasjers?)
and the bike landed in the crowd, thankfully not hurting anyone, but had it seriously injured someone , who or what's insurance would cover it?
Its printed on the ticket , that motorsports are dangerous, and by entering , that you willingly take the responsibility for being there, and absolve the organisers from blame.

I never watched from that spot because I always felt it was dodgy, and as a result, lots of 6ft fences appeared at other venues to help reduce the chances.

12/23/2016 4:03am
Just a question: A couple years back a bike crashed at Matterly Gp ( I think it was Gasjers?) and the bike landed in the crowd...
philG wrote:
Its printed on the ticket , that motorsports are dangerous, and by entering , that you willingly take the responsibility for being there, and absolve the...
Its printed on the ticket , that motorsports are dangerous, and by entering , that you willingly take the responsibility for being there, and absolve the organisers from blame.

I never watched from that spot because I always felt it was dodgy, and as a result, lots of 6ft fences appeared at other venues to help reduce the chances.

Thanks, but that didn't really answer my question, are you saying there currently isn't any insurance in place? And this new law is to ensure there is?

Also what is the insurance that we are covered by when we enter races?

Just curious, I've never thought about it before?
DRT
12/23/2016 5:17am Edited Date/Time 12/23/2016 5:19am
Thanks, but that didn't really answer my question, are you saying there currently isn't any insurance in place? And this new law is to ensure there...
Thanks, but that didn't really answer my question, are you saying there currently isn't any insurance in place? And this new law is to ensure there is?

Also what is the insurance that we are covered by when we enter races?

Just curious, I've never thought about it before?
Hi Scottydogmx,

Yes nothing came of the crash from Gesjer, but as with all UK major event we have to run to very high standards regarding Health and Safety, insurannce is in place for the crowd and insurance is in place via the ACU for the injury, we have neary 400 pages of event management at Matterley covering Bomb threat, major incidents on track and on site plus locally, as regards this scarmongary it is just that, everything is insured via risk anyway, the same with on the road and where you live determines the price of the insurance. Legislation on any subject like this would take years anyway so just enjoy life as it is.
Mr. Info
12/23/2016 6:05am
Glen Helen is ready if called on.
Cygnus
12/23/2016 6:13am
This is like the lead ban here. It's not gonna be a problem
PJRAUS
12/23/2016 6:16am
jeffro503 wrote:
Vnuk = Total; shit! An older guy falls from a ladder , hits and tractor , it goes in reverse and runs his ass over. lets...
Vnuk = Total; shit!

An older guy falls from a ladder , hits and tractor , it goes in reverse and runs his ass over. lets just stop anyone and everyone from ever riding a motorcycle , or riding lawn mower , or even a golf cart.

Makes perfect sense. Insurance companies are evil. Plain and simple , and they could give two shiyts about any of the people who pay their premiums every month. But by god , they will be happy if you wrap yourself up in bubble wrap and go live in a closet. they want " you " to pay....but " they " don't want to pay when you get hurt.

Whoever came up with Vnuk....should seriously be tarred and feathered.....then shot.

I wish you guys the best of luck over there!
Amen!!!
PJRAUS
12/23/2016 6:19am
NVA57 wrote:
3rd party insurance is mandatory for a lot of years already in The Netherlands, if you don't have any you're not allowed to ride at any...
3rd party insurance is mandatory for a lot of years already in The Netherlands, if you don't have any you're not allowed to ride at any track. It's 60 euro's a year...

Let's just wait and Se just how much it costs in 12 months from now. If you want a glimpse of your future, then look at what people from Finland are posting here on vital
PJRAUS
12/23/2016 6:33am
philG wrote:

Wont happen.
You sound so confident. I genuinely hope you are right... But I think you are wrong. Your confidence in the fact that Motorsport in the UK is a multi billion dollar industry , therefore strong enough to wither any challenge hell bent on destroying it , is in my view, extremely naive . Do your study and have areal look at the forces arrayed against you and how they operate nowadays.
Green extremists have figured out that the easiest way to get rid of Motorsport ( one of the low hanging fruit on their objectives tree ) is through liability legislation that literally makes it too expensive to persue any form of motor sport...
These people aren't dumb enough to think that they can just put an end to f1 racing overnight.... They know that what ordinary Motorsport enthusiasts do, the way they spend their money, ultimately supports all Motorsport ...you take away that grassroots and everything ends up the ladder from there.
Motorsport is just a starting point for these people.....get ready to be a pedestrian !
Think I'm exaggerating?
12/23/2016 8:23am
PJRAUS wrote:
You sound so confident. I genuinely hope you are right... But I think you are wrong. Your confidence in the fact that Motorsport in the UK...
You sound so confident. I genuinely hope you are right... But I think you are wrong. Your confidence in the fact that Motorsport in the UK is a multi billion dollar industry , therefore strong enough to wither any challenge hell bent on destroying it , is in my view, extremely naive . Do your study and have areal look at the forces arrayed against you and how they operate nowadays.
Green extremists have figured out that the easiest way to get rid of Motorsport ( one of the low hanging fruit on their objectives tree ) is through liability legislation that literally makes it too expensive to persue any form of motor sport...
These people aren't dumb enough to think that they can just put an end to f1 racing overnight.... They know that what ordinary Motorsport enthusiasts do, the way they spend their money, ultimately supports all Motorsport ...you take away that grassroots and everything ends up the ladder from there.
Motorsport is just a starting point for these people.....get ready to be a pedestrian !
Think I'm exaggerating?
I agree, there is a strong group rising in the name of conservation eco warriors hell bent on stopping fun. The problem is after they finish with Motorsports they will eventually use the noise laws they help create shut down football-soccer stadiums before you know it ( imagine how high a decibel meter reads outside one of them!)
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
12/23/2016 10:33am Edited Date/Time 12/23/2016 10:35am
There are more of these people coming of age than ever before too. I donate a large some of money to programs that help endangered animals each year but i am against all the other tree hugging balogna but the new kids coming up are set on stopping all our type of fun especially since the majority are a different breed than our generation. They think everything is virtuous and its thier job to stop it. You know the loudest mfer at the party is always the weakest. And this new generation is the loudest ever.
NVA57
Fantasy
1560th
12/23/2016 12:53pm
NVA57 wrote:
3rd party insurance is mandatory for a lot of years already in The Netherlands, if you don't have any you're not allowed to ride at any...

PJRAUS wrote:
Let's just wait and Se just how much it costs in 12 months from now. If you want a glimpse of your future, then look at...
Let's just wait and Se just how much it costs in 12 months from now. If you want a glimpse of your future, then look at what people from Finland are posting here on vital
It only got cheaper the last couple of years.
TeamGreen
12/23/2016 1:32pm
philG wrote:

Wont happen.
PJRAUS wrote:
You sound so confident. I genuinely hope you are right... But I think you are wrong. Your confidence in the fact that Motorsport in the UK...
Think I'm exaggerating?
Good observation; but, my friend...

This game ain't over. Not by a damn-sight!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/23/2016 2:01pm
DRT may be a noob here, but he's a voice worth listening to, just FYI.
colorado2day
12/23/2016 2:09pm
KlootZak wrote:
You really think the UK want to destroy a £11bn industry and 50.000 employees? yeah I think you're exagerating. please people, read decent content and not...
You really think the UK want to destroy a £11bn industry and 50.000 employees? yeah I think you're exagerating.

please people, read decent content and not mxlarge: https://motomatters.com/analysis/2016/12/23/no_the_end_is_not_nigh_for_…
Rather a major inconvenience is putting it lightly ? Good luck to you Euros and Brexiteers. But wouldn't it be ironic if the 2017 MXdN did get moved back to Glen Helen because of insurance rates ??
DRT
12/23/2016 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 12/23/2016 4:33pm
Rather a major inconvenience is putting it lightly ? Good luck to you Euros and Brexiteers. But wouldn't it be ironic if the 2017 MXdN did...
Rather a major inconvenience is putting it lightly ? Good luck to you Euros and Brexiteers. But wouldn't it be ironic if the 2017 MXdN did get moved back to Glen Helen because of insurance rates ??
Obviously insurance is important in any walk of life now, but the headline to this thread is just silly, legislation on this scale does not happen overnight and whilst motorsport I'm sure will change for reasons that arise such as increased safety, pollution etc. No different to the use of scaffolding for heights compared to ladders that used to be used for painting a two story house, the same as going from leaded to unleaded fuel. We adapt and change our outlook as we have to accept new rules.
For my race team I already pay $28'000 for insurances, for things like an awning pole hitting a fan or a mechanic tripping over or running into a fan. When I run the GP or when I run the Nations next year these risks are already covered with the £30,000,000 public liability insurance and event insurance. Every trader, food wagon, fairground ride has to have their own PI insurance and risk assessment.
Each rider is insure when they sign on and I have to pay for that too.
Many people also don't realise that as soon as the public come into an event so do road traffic laws apply, so in 2012 a fan drove through the parking area and then pretended to be asleep, he got breathalysed and went to court and got 10 points on his license.
People have a right to be safe, hence seated football ground and no crushing like the old days..
All of these cost are already related to running a proper event. You cannot turn a blind eye nowadays.
Sorry it's a bit of a long post but when you already have these thing in place already it not alarming for me.
As for 3,5 or 10 years time who knows! But for Matterley and the MXoN we are more than covered.
Ewan
12/23/2016 3:57pm
Well said Steve

Sorry boys, you better book your flights to England, the des nations is going nowhere....
colorado2day
12/23/2016 7:54pm Edited Date/Time 12/23/2016 7:55pm
Good to hear you are covered. Just yanking your chain with the Glen Helen lead Woohoo
Bearuno
12/23/2016 9:29pm Edited Date/Time 12/23/2016 10:59pm
DRT , for those that don't know, and who will still try to run with the "Matterley Will Be Cancelled" BS, is the promoter of the event, and many years of the Brit GP. Plus the Owner / Manager of a GP / British Nationals team for many years - who also supported Zachy Pooh (TM: Pookie Matthes) for many years - even when he did a few SXs in the 'States before his return there. Of course, I could be wrong, and 'he' could be just a goofball, spinning stories that those here, who are determined to think the worst, will just ignore to suit their agenda ........Whistling

But, if you want to be silly, sure, go ahead and keep pushing / trolling for a 'disaster' being imminent. The Brits, even though they are Pommie Bastards , know how to run big MX events. Especially DRT, if he's who I think he is.
DRT
12/23/2016 11:25pm
Bearuno wrote:
[b]DRT [/b], for those that don't know, and who will still try to run with the "Matterley Will Be Cancelled" BS, is the promoter of the...
DRT , for those that don't know, and who will still try to run with the "Matterley Will Be Cancelled" BS, is the promoter of the event, and many years of the Brit GP. Plus the Owner / Manager of a GP / British Nationals team for many years - who also supported Zachy Pooh (TM: Pookie Matthes) for many years - even when he did a few SXs in the 'States before his return there. Of course, I could be wrong, and 'he' could be just a goofball, spinning stories that those here, who are determined to think the worst, will just ignore to suit their agenda ........Whistling

But, if you want to be silly, sure, go ahead and keep pushing / trolling for a 'disaster' being imminent. The Brits, even though they are Pommie Bastards , know how to run big MX events. Especially DRT, if he's who I think he is.
Haha Bearuno, yes of course DRT (Dixon Race Team) is myself Steve Dixon, as always I keep in touch with Vital and felt this needed to be answered, I will never shy away especially after 27 years of running my GP team, it's safe to say I have a "little" experience. Thx anyway

Post a reply to: Glen Helen MXdN 2017 - British MX in Trouble

The Latest