Geico's Newest Recruit

mxracer22
Joe Shimoda. Great pickup and lots of talent.

|
bd
9/29/2016 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 9/29/2016 3:50pm
Any details on this young man? LL champ etc?
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2035th
9/29/2016 4:07pm
Yes LL champ, kid is legit! He has corner speed for days!

RPM68
9/29/2016 5:19pm
I'm more excited about local bad dude Challenge Tennant on Star racing Yamaha.
FolkLoar
9/29/2016 5:56pm
He was very impressive at Lorettas. Won at least one title at the ranch this year I believe, but was up front in every moto he ran.

The Shop

romain524
10/1/2016 10:25am
Sushi is a real talent!! He's 14 years old and won a Supermini class this year at LL, won Daytona AM as well and some other stuff. He'll be way better on a 4 stroke, he's a really smooth rider.

I worked in California for his trainer "Yannig Kervella" (a former top10 GP rider back in 1985/90 from France).

He's also former Musquin's trainer from 2008 to 2012 when he earned his 2 world titles and he's currently Arnaud Tonus trainer since may, that's why Tonus was better for the outdoor, mostly more confidente, that was his problem because he's a genius on a dirtbike as well!

MXMattii
10/1/2016 11:04am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2016 11:04am
He rushing true the Youth Ranks! In 2014 I saw him win the second 65cc moto at the Junior World Championship in Lierneux (Belgium). He became second overal the weekend behind Jett Lawrence (one of the two Lawrence brothers signed by Stefan Everts at Factory Suzuki) and before fast Americans as Jeremy Ryan, Jett Reynolds and Carter Biese.

Since then I follow that kid. I think every Japanese manufacturer and even KTM wanted to sign him.
romain524
10/1/2016 1:20pm
MXMattii wrote:
He rushing true the Youth Ranks! In 2014 I saw him win the second 65cc moto at the Junior World Championship in Lierneux (Belgium). He became...
He rushing true the Youth Ranks! In 2014 I saw him win the second 65cc moto at the Junior World Championship in Lierneux (Belgium). He became second overal the weekend behind Jett Lawrence (one of the two Lawrence brothers signed by Stefan Everts at Factory Suzuki) and before fast Americans as Jeremy Ryan, Jett Reynolds and Carter Biese.

Since then I follow that kid. I think every Japanese manufacturer and even KTM wanted to sign him.
He began to turn some head when he won Daytona AM back in march! But not really before, even if he was already fast! All the american kids who were slower or same as him have had already big support with bikes, parts, gears and stuf from team green or orange brigade.

Joe's parents had to buy the bikes, no manufacturer in american gave him support before (it was KTM Japan who helped him, same with arai helmet) it was hard to have recognition, it's all about american kids, no media talked really of Joe when he won a class for example...
His main sponsors are from Japan.

I'm really happy that he found a good team, he has a bright future in front of him I hope, he really deserves!
I know the support was suppose to be PC or Geico, he tried both bikes.

MotoMo165
10/1/2016 1:30pm
Challen tennant on star yami?? Woooh that's awesome!
HyperKinetic
10/1/2016 3:54pm
Seems like a similar story to Casey Stoner in MotoGP, his family sacrificed a lot to move to Europe to give him a chance to move up the GP ranks/race against top competitors. I think I read in an interview with Shimoda that he had the same mindset, race against better competition (not belittling the Japanese domestic scene here). This is good news for him, definitely has kicked ass at LL, World Junior Motocross, etc. He has a bright future, hope he continues to improve and get a chance to move to pro super/motocross here in the U.S.
romain524
10/2/2016 2:28am
MotoMo165 wrote:
Challen tennant on star yami?? Woooh that's awesome!
Yes for his last year as an A class rider
MXMattii
10/2/2016 7:57am
MXMattii wrote:
He rushing true the Youth Ranks! In 2014 I saw him win the second 65cc moto at the Junior World Championship in Lierneux (Belgium). He became...

romain524 wrote:
He began to turn some head when he won Daytona AM back in march! But not really before, even if he was already fast! All the...
He began to turn some head when he won Daytona AM back in march! But not really before, even if he was already fast! All the american kids who were slower or same as him have had already big support with bikes, parts, gears and stuf from team green or orange brigade.

Joe's parents had to buy the bikes, no manufacturer in american gave him support before (it was KTM Japan who helped him, same with arai helmet) it was hard to have recognition, it's all about american kids, no media talked really of Joe when he won a class for example...
His main sponsors are from Japan.

I'm really happy that he found a good team, he has a bright future in front of him I hope, he really deserves!
I know the support was suppose to be PC or Geico, he tried both bikes.

Pretty ignorant from the US Teams and if you're an Japanese manufacture I would love to sign an Japanese kid that can kick ass in the World Championship or the AMA Championships!
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2035th
10/2/2016 11:59am
I feel like the sponsorship talk is a bit misleading. Some people need sponsorship, some don't. I think they wanted what they wanted and may not have "needed" a 40% discount on parts etc. They rode the best bike for Joe, the way they thought best, it got him to this next chapter. He deserves it, he's on a roll.

Post a reply to: Geico's Newest Recruit

The Latest