Gautier Paulin to Husqvarna...

|
11/3/2016 9:14am
Yep, just see that on Instagram. Not to sure how he'll do on the Husky though?
I expect a little better than what he has done on the honda.

The Shop

GPrider
11/3/2016 9:22am
I don't think he will do as good as he would with Honda
Sideways
11/3/2016 10:28am
He will do much better on the Husky. Paulin has not been the same since he went to Honda. The bike doesnt suit him.
Ofcourse theres a new Honda out now but i think the change will be good for him.
kiwifan
11/3/2016 12:58pm
I dont think his results will change that much imho
ATKpilot99
11/3/2016 1:50pm
kiwifan wrote:
I agree . His championship window is closed imo.
brimx153
11/3/2016 3:32pm
kiwifan wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
i dont think he was ever going to win a championship , he was always way to inconsistent ,even when he was on kawi , he could win one wk end and finish 10th next wk , without anything happening . just did nt have the speed . hopefully he will get the kawi speed back , and at least win a few races next year
PastranaWho
11/3/2016 7:34pm
kiwifan wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
brimx153 wrote:
i dont think he was ever going to win a championship , he was always way to inconsistent ,even when he was on kawi , he...
i dont think he was ever going to win a championship , he was always way to inconsistent ,even when he was on kawi , he could win one wk end and finish 10th next wk , without anything happening . just did nt have the speed . hopefully he will get the kawi speed back , and at least win a few races next year
Tough time with the honda , hopefully better with the husky. Dont see him as a championship contender. Any chance of husky winning a championship it will be with nagl.
Cortami79
11/4/2016 12:03am
I wonder how much less salary he has at the moment compared to Honda. Will he ride with Thor gear again?
11/4/2016 5:01am
Interesting. I don't doubt there is some serious potential in him to do really good. If that will happen in 2017 remains to be seen...
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
11/4/2016 5:08am
I think it will be a good change for him and maybe put him out of his slump a little.
Bad for him that he's up against 243, 461 and 84 next season. Tough task
Crush
11/4/2016 5:45am
I reckon he's gonna kill it.
MxRyder
11/4/2016 6:03am
This guy is just a great rider....not sure why all these teams seem to push him out.....could be the personality....however the interveiws he always seems respectful,and humble.....he had a few injuries but damn...kawi let him get away....now honda...these teams need to start learning how to really stand behind a rider oppose to just stepping after a guy has a season with injuries.....So now on to a husky...well i hope the steel frame and great cornering characteristics of the bike able him to shove results right up those other two teams asses ,and say damn we screwed up....all these guys kill themselves week in week out....i ride 3days aweek in Socal at all the "on the Pro day practices"....and these young men and guys still going like reed...put themselves thru the ringer almost daily i see it....most are paid very well, then oh u had a not so great season cause you got hurt....NEXT GUY! NO LOYALTY,no compassion for these guys...be nice to throw some of the management and suits out on their ass.......these guys need more support from the teams...."This run them til we're done with them" stuff needs to stop......not everyone can have a RV2...perfect example of a teams who kept the back of a descent non championship riders....RCH/BrocTickle....JGR Phil Nicoletti....great riders and teams stuck by them for years....and they dont have the budgets the factories do......
DeStouwer
11/4/2016 6:39am
Well, according to rumours Paulin was one of the best paid GP-riders the past two seasons. In return, Japan asks for results, who where very slim. If you don't get the results, your contract doesn't get renewed. Simple as that.

I hope this works out for him, one of my favourite riders!
Jefro98
11/4/2016 6:48am
MxRyder wrote:
This guy is just a great rider....not sure why all these teams seem to push him out.....could be the personality....however the interveiws he always seems respectful,and...
This guy is just a great rider....not sure why all these teams seem to push him out.....could be the personality....however the interveiws he always seems respectful,and humble.....he had a few injuries but damn...kawi let him get away....now honda...these teams need to start learning how to really stand behind a rider oppose to just stepping after a guy has a season with injuries.....So now on to a husky...well i hope the steel frame and great cornering characteristics of the bike able him to shove results right up those other two teams asses ,and say damn we screwed up....all these guys kill themselves week in week out....i ride 3days aweek in Socal at all the "on the Pro day practices"....and these young men and guys still going like reed...put themselves thru the ringer almost daily i see it....most are paid very well, then oh u had a not so great season cause you got hurt....NEXT GUY! NO LOYALTY,no compassion for these guys...be nice to throw some of the management and suits out on their ass.......these guys need more support from the teams...."This run them til we're done with them" stuff needs to stop......not everyone can have a RV2...perfect example of a teams who kept the back of a descent non championship riders....RCH/BrocTickle....JGR Phil Nicoletti....great riders and teams stuck by them for years....and they dont have the budgets the factories do......
Yeah, you mean like Honda stuck by Bobryshev for years......
brimx153
11/4/2016 10:37am
MxRyder wrote:
This guy is just a great rider....not sure why all these teams seem to push him out.....could be the personality....however the interveiws he always seems respectful,and...
Are you mad, did you see his last 2 year s . plus it was well reported that he hated the honda . I am sure he is glad to be off the honda , and honda are glad too
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
11/4/2016 11:31am
The real question is who takes his spot at Honda?

Or Are they going to move Gajser from Gariboldi truck to HRC truck?
tek14
11/4/2016 11:34am

Gariboldi will handle Honda HRC 450 riders Gajser and Bobby as far as i know.
Bidirella
11/4/2016 12:55pm
Really hope he finds himself again and have a better flow with the Husky! Valkenswaard 2015 was magic! Want to see that Paulin again! That Paulin can battle upfront!
11/4/2016 1:59pm Edited Date/Time 11/4/2016 2:02pm

Honda HRC Garbiboldi

- Tim Gajser
- Evgeny Bobryshev

Honda Assomotor

- Valentin Guillod
- Alessandro Lupino

visser62
11/4/2016 4:17pm
I expect he will do better on the Husky. The Honda was too short for him, and if I remember correctly, they weren't very open to him making bike changes.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/4/2016 4:25pm

Sounds like a team restructuring: Gariboldi HRC Honda becomes the MXGP effort with Bobryshev joining Gajser, while HRC Honda/Martin becomes the MX2 effort.
Bronson905
Fantasy
536th
11/4/2016 8:44pm
Remember what happened to Nagl when he switched from HRC Honda to Factory Husqvarna? I don't see anything but positive results to come from Gautier. I will definitely be rooting him on!
roninho
11/5/2016 4:30am
I expect a little better than what he has done on the honda.

He will do much better on the Husky. Paulin has not been the same since he went to Honda. The bike doesnt suit him.

Are you mad, did you see his last 2 year s . plus it was well reported that he hated the honda . I am sure he is glad to be off the honda , and honda are glad too

2016 was bad, that's clear, but Paulin was vice world champion in 2015 on the Honda. I feel that people seem to forget/undervalue his 2015 Honda results, while overvaluing his Kawasaki results.

Paulin never came close to winning a title on the Kawa. He was 150+ & 220+ points back on Cairoli in 12 & 13, and was allready 60 points behind TC after 6 gps in 14 (when he got injured). He won 10 moto's in 3 seasons on the Kawa and 3 on the Honda in '15 and 2nd overall. 2015 was pretty comparable to 2012-2014.

To me it makes sense that Honda let him go, Paulin got paid to make the next step from moto winner to serious title contender and didn't deliver that. And now they have Gajser and a good #2 in Bobry so no need to keep Paulin.

Would have expected that Suzuki would have strong interest, because he'd easily be #1 on that lineup, but still a nice pickup for Husqvarna. If healthy i can see him finishing in the top 5 overall.

Post a reply to: Gautier Paulin to Husqvarna...

The Latest