Gatorback kehoe pass on McGrath.

Markee
Fantasy
1941st
Edited Date/Time 2/3/2016 5:41am
Is there any video out there of this?

|
2/2/2016 11:14am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2016 11:14am
yea, it's on youtube man. it's moto 1, so they just do the highlights, and it's Dave Despain narrating. 1993 Gatorback. MC went 2-1 for the overall.
2/2/2016 11:15am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2016 11:16am
Didn't really catch that finish line jump like in the picture, but this season 1993 review video does feature footage of this race / jump.

*edit: Gatorback is actually the first race of the season so it's right at the start of the video for those searching.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
2/2/2016 11:28am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2016 11:29am
LEGENDARY

The Shop

2/2/2016 12:16pm
I always assumed whenever I looked at that picture that Keyhoe must have just pinned it and taken the position away on the line. I kind of wish I hadn't seen the video now Unsure He had the lead all the way up the hill and didn't even need to air it out.

This is a much better Gatorback finish at 1:52

2/2/2016 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2016 12:39pm
Oh I think he needed to air it out. I've raced there many times just for amatuer races at mini os and every finish you had someone an inch in front of you or an inch behind you. Forced you just rail the finish and hope your forks and shocks didn't get blown out. Back before transponders it seemed like scorers always gave it to the guy who freakin aired it out the farthest if they were tied or close at the line!
WFO!
2/2/2016 3:18pm
Oh I think he needed to air it out. I've raced there many times just for amatuer races at mini os and every finish you had...
Oh I think he needed to air it out. I've raced there many times just for amatuer races at mini os and every finish you had someone an inch in front of you or an inch behind you. Forced you just rail the finish and hope your forks and shocks didn't get blown out. Back before transponders it seemed like scorers always gave it to the guy who freakin aired it out the farthest if they were tied or close at the line!
Johnny O'Mara wasnt that lucky at Daytona.
mx836
2/2/2016 3:28pm
I always assumed whenever I looked at that picture that Keyhoe must have just pinned it and taken the position away on the line. I kind...
I always assumed whenever I looked at that picture that Keyhoe must have just pinned it and taken the position away on the line. I kind of wish I hadn't seen the video now Unsure He had the lead all the way up the hill and didn't even need to air it out.

This is a much better Gatorback finish at 1:52

That was awesome!! That's putting your balls on the crossbar.
228YZ
2/2/2016 4:43pm

I was lucky enough to be there that day. This is my crappy picture from that day.
h&m_cycle
2/2/2016 6:16pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2016 6:25pm
Bring back Gatorback... Ban Supercross except for Alaska... They can race in the baseball & football stadiums in Alaska...

and Larry Maiers & Dave Despain are the best ever... Pay One of them...

I guess most of you are too young or weren't born yet... There used to be a show on ESPN called Motoworld hosted by Larry Maiers on every week in the 80's... replaced by social media I guess...

Myke
Fantasy
2887th
2/2/2016 8:55pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2016 8:56pm
Didn't really catch that finish line jump like in the picture, but this season 1993 review video does feature footage of this race / jump. [embed]...
Didn't really catch that finish line jump like in the picture, but this season 1993 review video does feature footage of this race / jump.

*edit: Gatorback is actually the first race of the season so it's right at the start of the video for those searching.
What a great era of racing! That southwick layout was the best with the frog pond and when it was really sandy. I remember hating racing on that track back then, there wasn't a smooth line to be found and if you went over a berm forget it....it was like moon dust.
Bluelion
2/3/2016 3:31am
Markee wrote:
Is there any video out there of this? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/02/02/122375/s1200_ama1993_Kehoe_McGrath_640.jpg[/img]
Is there any video out there of this?

I was there that day...I am accually in that picture. I was standing along the fence and you could not see them coming, but you could hear them coming. You could hear the scream of those 125's being pinned. Then all of the sudden Kehoe came shooting off the lip of that up hill like a rocket. At that point I had never seen anyone jump a bike that high and far. He landed on flat ground and you cold feel the impact though the ground to your feet..It was a great day of racing.
After the race we packed up and headed to Daytona for bike week and the Daytona supercross. Man those were the days.
Tbteam
2/3/2016 3:44am
Bluelion wrote:
I was there that day...I am accually in that picture. I was standing along the fence and you could not see them coming, but you could...
I was there that day...I am accually in that picture. I was standing along the fence and you could not see them coming, but you could hear them coming. You could hear the scream of those 125's being pinned. Then all of the sudden Kehoe came shooting off the lip of that up hill like a rocket. At that point I had never seen anyone jump a bike that high and far. He landed on flat ground and you cold feel the impact though the ground to your feet..It was a great day of racing.
After the race we packed up and headed to Daytona for bike week and the Daytona supercross. Man those were the days.
I was there in that crowd to the right of the jump as well. A lot of people screaming and shaking their heads after that finish.

Good times.
Bluelion
2/3/2016 4:47am
Bluelion wrote:
I was there that day...I am accually in that picture. I was standing along the fence and you could not see them coming, but you could...
Tbteam wrote:
I was there in that crowd to the right of the jump as well. A lot of people screaming and shaking their heads after that finish...
I was there in that crowd to the right of the jump as well. A lot of people screaming and shaking their heads after that finish.

Good times.
Hell, we might have been standing next to each other...lol
Frodad78
2/3/2016 5:41am
h&m_cycle wrote:
Bring back Gatorback... Ban Supercross except for Alaska... They can race in the baseball & football stadiums in Alaska... and Larry Maiers & Dave Despain are...
Bring back Gatorback... Ban Supercross except for Alaska... They can race in the baseball & football stadiums in Alaska...

and Larry Maiers & Dave Despain are the best ever... Pay One of them...

I guess most of you are too young or weren't born yet... There used to be a show on ESPN called Motoworld hosted by Larry Maiers on every week in the 80's... replaced by social media I guess...

Motoworld was great, I remember myself, brother and dad watching it to catch up on the highlights from the weekly races. I think it came on Tues or Wednesday?

Anyone remember the live feeds that they used to put on during the SX races? By live feed I mean some dude writing down what is happening into a forum feed or something, text based. Man times sure have changed.

Post a reply to: Gatorback kehoe pass on McGrath.

The Latest