Gatorade Comment in Racerhead

wb173
Reading Racerhead about Monster named as the titles sponsor of Nascar, DC mentions Brayton's relationship with Jimmie Johnson. He also mentions Johnson being sponsored by Gatorade. Makes me wonder why Gatorade isn't involved with MX/SX...

Thoughts/knowledge?...
|
ML512
Fantasy
54th
12/2/2016 5:43pm
wb173 wrote:
Reading Racerhead about Monster named as the titles sponsor of Nascar, DC mentions Brayton's relationship with Jimmie Johnson. He also mentions Johnson being sponsored by Gatorade...
Reading Racerhead about Monster named as the titles sponsor of Nascar, DC mentions Brayton's relationship with Jimmie Johnson. He also mentions Johnson being sponsored by Gatorade. Makes me wonder why Gatorade isn't involved with MX/SX...

Thoughts/knowledge?...
I believe they've sponsored Loretta Lynn's in the past. But as I explained in a topic about outside the sport sponsors, these teams and riders have agents/agencies that deal in most of the major sports as well. They have the contacts at these brands and surely bring them proposals and the marketing data from our niche sport. Sadly, many of these brands aren't interested in moto.
twotwosix
12/2/2016 5:45pm
ML512 wrote:
I believe they've sponsored Loretta Lynn's in the past. But as I explained in a topic about outside the sport sponsors, these teams and riders have...
I believe they've sponsored Loretta Lynn's in the past. But as I explained in a topic about outside the sport sponsors, these teams and riders have agents/agencies that deal in most of the major sports as well. They have the contacts at these brands and surely bring them proposals and the marketing data from our niche sport. Sadly, many of these brands aren't interested in moto.
Sounds like a good guess.
machine
12/2/2016 6:39pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2016 6:39pm
Motocross bikes aren't the best billboards, that's for sure.

The Shop

kkawboy14
12/2/2016 7:14pm
machine wrote:
Motocross bikes aren't the best billboards, that's for sure.
Motocrossers aren't the best salesmen/representatives for products. They think it's about racing.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
12/2/2016 7:29pm
I believe Carmichael was sponsored by Gatorade back in his kawi days but it didn't work out.
Yeah. Carmichael was on Gatorade bottles for a couple of years before he became a Monster Athlete.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
12/2/2016 7:54pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2016 7:57pm
Coke vs Pepsi thing? Maybe part of a stipulation that Monster wrote in their sponsoship contract?
Ted722
12/2/2016 9:05pm
kzizok wrote:
Coke vs Pepsi thing? Maybe part of a stipulation that Monster wrote in their sponsoship contract?
Been going on for years. Remember this? Johnson fined
IceMan446
12/2/2016 10:37pm
Because this sport is a clown show.

Just like when other big name sponsors get pushed out of the sport because of some BS deals that were given to other sponsors.
EddieC
12/2/2016 11:41pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2016 11:42pm
wb173 wrote:
Reading Racerhead about Monster named as the titles sponsor of Nascar, DC mentions Brayton's relationship with Jimmie Johnson. He also mentions Johnson being sponsored by Gatorade...

Thoughts/knowledge?...
ML512 wrote:
I believe they've sponsored Loretta Lynn's in the past. But as I explained in a topic about outside the sport sponsors, these teams and riders have...
I have been apart of conversations with athletes and some of these outside sponsors. These BIG outside sponsors start at 1 million dollars and go up. As with all sponsorships the sponsor wants to know up front how the sponsored rider/team can/will provide an return on investment. This is where most deals breakdown.

Sponsors want to know how and where their product will be branded? This can be in the form of merchandise that is either given out or sold. Sponsors want to know how many units can or will be distributed. This is probably the number one killer of all BIG sponsor deals. Both SX/MX will not allow for teams to hand out branded merchandise and if teams want to sell merchandise it comes at a very high price. When you restrict the best way a sponsor can engage the consumer you have severely limited your sponsorship value.

Also I have been told that teams are restricted in where they can place branded product within their own pit. ie. energy drink and moto mannequins have to stay next to trucks and not on the edges of pits where autographs seekers hang out. Does anyone remember the MC life-size Mazda branded mascot?

Obviously the big factory teams can get around this by targeting consumers through other means, but the lower tier teams and privateers don't have that option.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
12/3/2016 1:48am
EddieC wrote:
I have been apart of conversations with athletes and some of these outside sponsors. These BIG outside sponsors start at 1 million dollars and go up...
I have been apart of conversations with athletes and some of these outside sponsors. These BIG outside sponsors start at 1 million dollars and go up. As with all sponsorships the sponsor wants to know up front how the sponsored rider/team can/will provide an return on investment. This is where most deals breakdown.

Sponsors want to know how and where their product will be branded? This can be in the form of merchandise that is either given out or sold. Sponsors want to know how many units can or will be distributed. This is probably the number one killer of all BIG sponsor deals. Both SX/MX will not allow for teams to hand out branded merchandise and if teams want to sell merchandise it comes at a very high price. When you restrict the best way a sponsor can engage the consumer you have severely limited your sponsorship value.

Also I have been told that teams are restricted in where they can place branded product within their own pit. ie. energy drink and moto mannequins have to stay next to trucks and not on the edges of pits where autographs seekers hang out. Does anyone remember the MC life-size Mazda branded mascot?

Obviously the big factory teams can get around this by targeting consumers through other means, but the lower tier teams and privateers don't have that option.
Seems to be a world wide problem with the sport.

So little money coming into it (Compared to mainstream sports) That the promoters feel the need to protect their own big money sponsors that keep the series running. Which you can kind of understand.

But does this restrict the growth of the money coming into the sport overall, directly into teams? I would say it does.

POV camera deals are probably the most high profile in the sport that have been talked about in recent years / RCH losing Dodge? How many other riders or teams have had to turn down new and outside of the sport sponsorship due to conflicting series sponsors.

How far could a series promoter take it???

Could say FOX come up with enough coin to taking over the naming rights of Supercross with a contract that stipulates no other gear brands could show their logos!

Pretty extreme I know but hey!

Go-Pro have it, Im sure Monster would love to see the end of Red Bull riders running their sweet looking Red Bull helmets, lets face it, The Monster rider helmets have nothing on the look of the Red Bull helmets!

philG
12/3/2016 4:07am
Seems like Feld are doing everything to get the dollars for themselves, AND stopping the teams doing their own deals.

IMO, if Monster ups and goes to NASCAR , it wont be a bad thing, everyone said it would all be over after Winston pulled out, and its not, OK , it doesnt make the money it used to but I DONT CARE..

Riders should be able to do their own deals , and series sponsors should not be able to resort to restrictive practices to stop them .

Its like Honda paying $20m to sponsor the series , and not allowing bikes to be any colour other than red, with a Honda logo on it.
Crush
12/3/2016 5:36am Edited Date/Time 12/3/2016 5:37am
People always bang on about riders unions.

How/why the teams haven't got together and told the promoters to collectively fuck themselves is beyond me.

More races. More pressure. Less time. Less support. Limited opportunities. You'd have to be joking. How the accountants at Red/Blue/Green and Yellow haven't asked why is hard to answer also. It's not about the on-screen time either.

They can't even seem to get their own sponsor logos displayed on some TVC whilst their riders are being interviewed. It's bloody amateur hour and short-sighted in the extreme.

machine
12/3/2016 7:47am
Well by being overly greedy, Feld is screwing themselves by limiting their series teams and providing better competition.

Is DC lurking? Can you comment on the outdoor series and the limitations put on teams marketing products?
Moto810
12/3/2016 8:38am Edited Date/Time 12/3/2016 8:40am
machine wrote:
Well by being overly greedy, Feld is screwing themselves by limiting their series teams and providing better competition. Is DC lurking? Can you comment on the...
Well by being overly greedy, Feld is screwing themselves by limiting their series teams and providing better competition.

Is DC lurking? Can you comment on the outdoor series and the limitations put on teams marketing products?
I have watched this sport screw themselves for years. Do they ever admit it? Nope. It is funny even because they try to follow in Nascar's footsteps. Nascar shot themselves in the foot by taking away the different cars ie manufactures and using restrictor plates and such. At one point they told the drivers not to touch another car and we noticed quickly the racing became boring and ticket sales dropped. Supercross and MX did much of the same. Also the "chase format" is confusing and stupid and the fans just do not care as much now because of it.

The sport of SX and MX is so small they should be able to run a tight ship and show an example to the bigger sports. They should treat sponsors the way the sport would like to be treated. They should never limit their options and welcome all sponsors, teams, ideas, and products. This includes two strokes! This includes other camera companies other than Gopro. I mean dang a team can not even sell a t-shirt at a race?

These sports are like big government................they keep making more rules and taxes until one day we all stop participating and then they act like it is our fault or was not their mistakes.
12/3/2016 2:42pm
America is fast becoming a fascist state
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporatocracy
Corporatocracy /ˌkɔːrpərəˈtɒkrəsi/, is a recent term used to refer to an economic and political system controlled by corporations or corporate interests.[1] It is most often used today as a term to describe the current economic situation in a particular country, especially the United States.[2][3] This is different from corporatism, which is the organisation of society into groups with common interests. Corporatocracy as a term is often used by observers across the political spectrum.[2][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15]

Economist Jeffrey Sachs described the United States as a corporatocracy in The Price of Civilization (2011).[16] He suggested that it arose from four trends: weak national parties and strong political representation of individual districts, the large U.S. military establishment after World War II, big corporate money financing election campaigns, and globalization tilting the balance away from workers.[16]

This collective is what author C Wright Mills in 1956 called the Power Elite, wealthy individuals who hold prominent positions in corporatocracies. They control the process of determining a society's economic and political policies.[17]

The concept has been used in explanations of bank bailouts, excessive pay for CEOs, as well as complaints such as the exploitation of national treasuries, people, and natural resources.[18] It has been used by critics of globalization,[19] sometimes in conjunction with criticism of the World Bank[20] or unfair lending practices,[18] as well as criticism of "free trade agreements".[19]

Post a reply to: Gatorade Comment in Racerhead

The Latest