Gas Gas eKids MX/Off-Road Bike - Electric

MOTO120
|
OleTex
9/22/2016 1:39pm
Looks cool. Adjustable power, low price and you can remote turn it off with your phone.

The Shop

DD325
9/22/2016 5:18pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2016 5:19pm
Pembroke36 wrote:
Can you call an electric bike a Gas Gas?
The manufacturer Gas Gas has been making electric trials bike for years. Really good bikes and similar to Oset. I prefer the Oset MX-10 but they haven't made it to the US yet.
9/22/2016 7:41pm
Pembroke36 wrote:
DD325 wrote:
The manufacturer Gas Gas has been making electric trials bike for years. Really good bikes and similar to Oset. I prefer the Oset MX-10 but they...
The manufacturer Gas Gas has been making electric trials bike for years. Really good bikes and similar to Oset. I prefer the Oset MX-10 but they haven't made it to the US yet.
Nope it's a Volt Volt.
mmcmx
9/23/2016 3:23am Edited Date/Time 9/23/2016 3:28am
Pembroke36 wrote:
DD325 wrote:
The manufacturer Gas Gas has been making electric trials bike for years. Really good bikes and similar to Oset. I prefer the Oset MX-10 but they...
Nope it's a Volt Volt.
We will need to change all the expressions now. "Man, he was on the volt!" "He just volts it like he doesn't care!"

Gas gas went through dificult financial times recetly and was bought by TorrotElectric.
http://torrotelectric.com/en
Moto Mofo
9/23/2016 7:11am
DD325 wrote:
That's not entirely accurate. They did begin development on an electric trials bike several years ago, but it was never offered to the public. I was able to ride one briefly at the World Trial in TN '13, and it wasn't even close to being competitive with a gas-powered bike at the time. Way too abrupt. I saw a few people underestimate it and nearly kill themselves on that thing.

Gas Gas' new owner, Torrot, specializes in electric bicycles and motorcycles, so I'm sure we will be seeing more and more e-bikes from GG.
DD325
9/23/2016 7:59am
DD325 wrote:
Moto Mofo wrote:
That's not entirely accurate. They did begin development on an electric trials bike several years ago, but it was never offered to the public. I was...
That's not entirely accurate. They did begin development on an electric trials bike several years ago, but it was never offered to the public. I was able to ride one briefly at the World Trial in TN '13, and it wasn't even close to being competitive with a gas-powered bike at the time. Way too abrupt. I saw a few people underestimate it and nearly kill themselves on that thing.

Gas Gas' new owner, Torrot, specializes in electric bicycles and motorcycles, so I'm sure we will be seeing more and more e-bikes from GG.
Not entirely true? You missed the part of the title that said eKids, and yes Gas Gas has been making kids electric trials bikes for years. My former boss had a couple of them.

Moto Mofo
9/23/2016 10:10am
DD325 wrote:
Not entirely true? You missed the part of the title that said eKids, and yes Gas Gas has been making kids electric trials bikes for years...
Not entirely true? You missed the part of the title that said eKids, and yes Gas Gas has been making kids electric trials bikes for years. My former boss had a couple of them.

Doh! Forgot all about those. In the few years those have been produced, I don't think I've even seen any kids riding them at any trials events (or the electric Beta, for that matter).

Post a reply to: Gas Gas eKids MX/Off-Road Bike - Electric

The Latest