GP vs. Nationals Poll

DanDunes818
5/27/2010 10:56am
I would vote for the GP for 1 reason. If we have a GP at GH that would mean I have at least one chance every year to see a GP in the states. We already have plenty of nationals and haven't had GP here in 20 years. I'm sure that's the reason it's so close. I think to allot of people the pole is just asking if we want a GP in the states.
ehr400
5/27/2010 11:07am
I would like to see a GP at a different track though. Glen Helen/ California has seen a fare share of GP's. I think Red Bud would be a great GP track and or MXDN track. I am of course biased being that it is a few hours from my house. Woohoo
TeamGreen
5/27/2010 11:16am
The USGP should be at Unadilla.

Period.

The Shop

TeamGreen
5/27/2010 11:17am
dv12.com wrote:
Why REM wasn't a choice?
Now we've got a French Jody?

Wow, now I feel sorry for the wife...

Jus' fckn w/ya...
DrSweden
5/27/2010 11:26am Edited Date/Time 5/27/2010 11:30am
GuyB wrote:
The current poll on the homepage asks, "Given a choice, which would you rather watch at Glen Helen?" The current results are: Grand Prix 44.5% AMA...
The current poll on the homepage asks, "Given a choice, which would you rather watch at Glen Helen?"

The current results are:

Grand Prix 44.5%
AMA National 55.5%

That's actually closer than I expected.

Have you voted?
Some info are missing there maybe to get an adequate poll. Would voting for a National mean NOT GP AT ALL on US soil? I mean the AMA event only got moved to another location, would that apply for the GP as well?

I don't get how people would choose no GP at all before only a different located Nat. With some luck top AMA riders might in the end do the GP as well. So there would be like no loss?

The cultural diversities between US and Sweden... Well, they are obviously huge...
Outsider
5/27/2010 11:31am
I would vote for the GP for 1 reason. If we have a GP at GH that would mean I have at least one chance every...
I would vote for the GP for 1 reason. If we have a GP at GH that would mean I have at least one chance every year to see a GP in the states. We already have plenty of nationals and haven't had GP here in 20 years. I'm sure that's the reason it's so close. I think to allot of people the pole is just asking if we want a GP in the states.
So you're coming down then Dan?
5/27/2010 12:18pm
ehr400 wrote:
I would like to see a GP at a different track though. Glen Helen/ California has seen a fare share of GP's. I think Red Bud...
I would like to see a GP at a different track though. Glen Helen/ California has seen a fare share of GP's. I think Red Bud would be a great GP track and or MXDN track. I am of course biased being that it is a few hours from my house. Woohoo
Exactly why not have it at a top notch facility. For those watching and coming over it will portray a much better environment and look I feel. That's based off of all the comments on here about how bad GH is after they were yanked off the schedule.
PaleBlue
5/27/2010 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2010 12:38pm
ehr400 wrote:
I would like to see a GP at a different track though. Glen Helen/ California has seen a fare share of GP's. I think Red Bud...
Most people who want to come across from Europe to watch the usgp will do it as part of a 2 week vacation. So to hold it in SoCal is perfect! G.H. may not be thebest track in the US but it is known to us and the proximity to LA and the beaches couldn't be better. To be honest, most of us wouldn't bother for much of the rest of the US (mistaken though that might be).
Old Mate
5/27/2010 1:20pm
I,d love to see the GP ran as a national with every rider facing qualifing, it would be the first international individual want to win race.
jaeckle
5/27/2010 1:35pm
If Alessi wins this weekend it means more than if he won last weekend. Just saying. American pride should mean something.
Larry
5/27/2010 1:37pm
Old Mate wrote:
I,d love to see the GP ran as a national with every rider facing qualifing, it would be the first international individual want to win race.
Thats a great idea. They did that at Indy during the 60's and it was some of the best races ever.
500guy
5/27/2010 1:46pm
jaeckle wrote:
If Alessi wins this weekend it means more than if he won last weekend. Just saying. American pride should mean something.
it's already a given that you are a fucking idiot so what the other really means is debatable.
Old Mate
5/27/2010 1:55pm
I think his point is, if a GP was held in Aus it would hold way more pride than a national and i think this is the same in every MX country in the world except the USA because the level of competition is so high in the USA, but the GP is like the olympics and its a pity the USA does not have its best at even a 1 off event, as said but it would still have the home track advantage thoughts so i guess Des Nations is still the premier event world wide and you win that with a B team, its still a pity we will never see a championship that all the best will race.
WideOpen
5/27/2010 6:47pm
jaeckle wrote:
American pride means nothing. Its Just another race for Mike Alessi. This is not a us against them race.
Ozy
5/27/2010 7:29pm
TeamGreen wrote:
The USGP should be at Unadilla.

Period.

I read this and think it should be at Carlsbad . . .

guess I'm old

Post a reply to: GP vs. Nationals Poll

The Latest