GP silly season.

RG1
7/21/2015 2:11am
PjotrrB wrote:
Still only one MX2 rider at Husky? No one next to Anstie?
I'm not sure, as far as I'm aware the Anstie deal is pretty much done, they may stick a younger, cheaper rider on a second bike but that remains to be seen. I always think it's a little risky only running one rider with how common injuries are nowadays
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
7/21/2015 2:42am
PjotrrB wrote:
Still only one MX2 rider at Husky? No one next to Anstie?
RG1 wrote:
I'm not sure, as far as I'm aware the Anstie deal is pretty much done, they may stick a younger, cheaper rider on a second bike...
I'm not sure, as far as I'm aware the Anstie deal is pretty much done, they may stick a younger, cheaper rider on a second bike but that remains to be seen. I always think it's a little risky only running one rider with how common injuries are nowadays
Maybe the could pick up Aussie Caleb Ward.
Jefro98
7/21/2015 2:58am
RG1 wrote:
I'm not sure, as far as I'm aware the Anstie deal is pretty much done, they may stick a younger, cheaper rider on a second bike...
Kid like Ben Watson.

The Shop

Motofinne
7/21/2015 4:31am
What about Kullas? 3rd in Latvia and he had just 2 days on the bike, he has to ride MXGP next year because of the age limit. Will Wilvo Nestaan put 2 450 bikes out there next year?
RG1
7/21/2015 4:31am
Jefro98 wrote:
Kid like Ben Watson.
I really hope so, I think Jacky Martens was looking at the possibility at bringing on Ben for this season, but perhaps saw it as a bit of a gamble as he didn't have much or any experience at that level. He certainly won't done himself any harm in the past few rounds. He's the youngest in the class, and I think if you look at how he's doing this season compared to how Jonass did last year, it's pretty comparable
7/21/2015 6:02am
kongols wrote:
[b]Next year we will be even more important for Yamaha, doing their development, but our focus will also be in MX2, and we have signed another...
Next year we will be even more important for Yamaha, doing their development, but our focus will also be in MX2, and we have signed another rider who has won moto’s this year, but we can’t make that announcement until the contract with his current team is over. We want to respect that.”- Standing Construction Yamaha manager.

So, there is only two who fits description- Anstie and Ferrandis. Hmm...
DMG wrote:
Tonkov
They say 'who has won moto's this year' There are only a few riders who won more than 1 moto this year. Herlings, not gonna happen, Gajser, signed by Honda for 2015/2016 so that only leaves us Max Anstie. Easy as that. Ferrandis and Tonkov only won 1 moto this year...

And Coldenhoff back to Standing is never gonna happen. He was supposed to stay there and turn yellow together with Standing, but Mathys the teamowner skipped the whole plan last minute. Despite al the things he promised Glenn (and mechanic Franky) he left him without a team at the end of the season. Luckily Suzuki wanted to keep Coldenhoff and they brought him to Rockstar Suzuki Europe. So Coldenhoff back to Standing, no fucking way.
DeStouwer
7/21/2015 6:54am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2015 6:55am
kongols wrote:
[b]Next year we will be even more important for Yamaha, doing their development, but our focus will also be in MX2, and we have signed another...
Next year we will be even more important for Yamaha, doing their development, but our focus will also be in MX2, and we have signed another rider who has won moto’s this year, but we can’t make that announcement until the contract with his current team is over. We want to respect that.”- Standing Construction Yamaha manager.

So, there is only two who fits description- Anstie and Ferrandis. Hmm...
DMG wrote:
Tonkov
They say 'who has won moto's this year' There are only a few riders who won more than 1 moto this year. Herlings, not gonna happen...
They say 'who has won moto's this year' There are only a few riders who won more than 1 moto this year. Herlings, not gonna happen, Gajser, signed by Honda for 2015/2016 so that only leaves us Max Anstie. Easy as that. Ferrandis and Tonkov only won 1 moto this year...

And Coldenhoff back to Standing is never gonna happen. He was supposed to stay there and turn yellow together with Standing, but Mathys the teamowner skipped the whole plan last minute. Despite al the things he promised Glenn (and mechanic Franky) he left him without a team at the end of the season. Luckily Suzuki wanted to keep Coldenhoff and they brought him to Rockstar Suzuki Europe. So Coldenhoff back to Standing, no fucking way.
Last time Standing raced Suzuki's was back in 2011 I believe. When Coldenhoff raced with Standing they used KTM's (2013). In 2014 they still used KTM's and Coldenhoff went to Suzuki Rockstar Europe. Now Standing races Yam's, so I don't get your point, Coldenhoff wouldn't be on Suzuki if he had stayed with Standing.
thekendogg
7/21/2015 8:11am
What about Van Horebeek? Suzuki if Desalle replaces RV?
RG1
7/21/2015 9:06am
thekendogg wrote:
I'd be very surprised if JvH is not on a Yamaha next year
7/21/2015 9:25am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2015 9:25am
thekendogg wrote:
RG1 wrote:
I'd be very surprised if JvH is not on a Yamaha next year
Yamaha got Febvre and Guillod next year ... only name i heard for Suzuki is van Horebeek ...to me it would make a lot of sense if Desalle goes to Kawasaki
RG1
7/21/2015 10:36am
Yamaha got Febvre and Guillod next year ... only name i heard for Suzuki is van Horebeek ...to me it would make a lot of sense...
Yamaha got Febvre and Guillod next year ... only name i heard for Suzuki is van Horebeek ...to me it would make a lot of sense if Desalle goes to Kawasaki
I heard that Rinaldi would field a 3 man team next year with JvH, Febvre and Guillod. I think if any of those guys leave the team it will be Guillod. I can't see Yamaha getting rid of Jerre after the season he had in '14, and I don't know why he would want to leave Yamaha and join a team that currently has an uncertain future
7/21/2015 11:05am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2015 11:06am
Gatedrop mentioned : It also is likely that Guillod will stay with Standing Construct but on a 450 and in the MXGP class.

and also
As for Jacky Martens Husqvarna team it looks as though he will have two riders in MX2 in 2016. Max Anstie is set to move there and it is thought that Jacky wants to sign American, Thomas Covington as his team mate.
RG1
7/21/2015 11:32am
Gatedrop mentioned : It also is likely that Guillod will stay with Standing Construct but on a 450 and in the MXGP class. and also As...
Gatedrop mentioned : It also is likely that Guillod will stay with Standing Construct but on a 450 and in the MXGP class.

and also
As for Jacky Martens Husqvarna team it looks as though he will have two riders in MX2 in 2016. Max Anstie is set to move there and it is thought that Jacky wants to sign American, Thomas Covington as his team mate.
Covington would be s surprise, not really had a great season, but then I guess you have to look at who's available
tek14
7/21/2015 11:36am
Gatedrop mentioned : It also is likely that Guillod will stay with Standing Construct but on a 450 and in the MXGP class. and also As...

and also
Who would not want to sign Covington as his dad will bring Monster €€€€€€€
DonM
7/21/2015 2:11pm
so Desalle is coming back ...cool ... and there is a part that says its a done deal with kawasaki , only the duration of contract...
so Desalle is coming back ...cool ... and there is a part that says its a done deal with kawasaki , only the duration of contract isnt clear yet ... and the announcement will be made after the MXON ...

http://fr.motocrossmag.be/index.php/2015/07/desalle-de-retour-des-ce-we…
awesome....now if we only knew what it says....
The Rock
7/21/2015 6:00pm
Clément Desalle is almost certain to return this weekend at the GP of Loket. After 5 weeks in recovering a damaged cruciate ligament in the left knee, our compatriot has just resumed training. "I'm not 100% yet but I not progressing step," he says. "I trained as best I could and I intend to go to Loket and try to find the best possible feeling with the bike. "

Wounded in France in June, Desalle is one of three drivers to have held the red plate this season. Today he has 163 points behind Romain Febvre and slipped in 6th position in the provisional standings.

The circuit in Loket hard soil generally succeeds rather well in Panda since it is precisely there that he won in August 2009, his first GP win before it imposed again in 2011 and 2013.

Soon confirmed in Kawasaki?
The rumors about the future of Clément Desalle have virtually disappeared from the paddock of discussions in the last two rounds. I must say it is now widely accepted that Clement will join the team Monser Energy / Kawasaki for 2016. Only the duration of his contract with the Greens is still unknown. However, it is likely that the formalization of the transfer Desalle Kawasaki is not announced before the Motocross of Nations, even before October.

Since 2009, Clement won the GP every season and it lacks only one victory to celebrate his 20th success in the premier class.

Text: A. Wheeler | Photo: CDS
Xsenter
7/22/2015 12:57am
Lets get one thing straight.

If Guillod stays on Yamaha he will ride a 450 under the Standing Construct tent, not under Rinaldi tent.

Rinaldi Yamaha will be Febvre and Van Horebeek. Van Horebeek has a 2 year deal. (2015/2016) if he not choose to rip that contract apart and go somewhere else. But why would he ? He is on a bike he likes and has had success on !
DeStouwer
7/22/2015 1:01am
The Guillod - Standing Construct MXGP - story is known/rumoured for about a month I think.

Young Belgian Brent Van Doninck signed a 3-year deal with Kemea Yamaha in MX2.
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1180th
7/22/2015 3:57am
DMG wrote:
Tonkov
They say 'who has won moto's this year' There are only a few riders who won more than 1 moto this year. Herlings, not gonna happen...

DeStouwer wrote:
Last time Standing raced Suzuki's was back in 2011 I believe. When Coldenhoff raced with Standing they used KTM's (2013). In 2014 they still used KTM's...
Last time Standing raced Suzuki's was back in 2011 I believe. When Coldenhoff raced with Standing they used KTM's (2013). In 2014 they still used KTM's and Coldenhoff went to Suzuki Rockstar Europe. Now Standing races Yam's, so I don't get your point, Coldenhoff wouldn't be on Suzuki if he had stayed with Standing.
Standing construct was supposed to get factory support from Suzuki, but that didn't happen last minute. Suzuki decided to keep Coldenhoff anyway and that's how he ended up on that team for the last two years.

The rumors about Anstie going to Husqy were quite strong a few weeks ago, although I have been hearing noise about him to Yamaha too. Either way, he's been on a lot of brands the last 5 years.
7/22/2015 5:32am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2015 5:33am
Max needs a good bike in his last year before 450, god knows how much better he would have done with more reliable equipment, both husky and yamaha are excellent right now so 2016 should be a good year for him regardless which rumour is true, when it's right for him he's pretty damn fast and at the very top of the league
DeStouwer
7/29/2015 4:36am
Jeremy Van Horebeek is confirmed with Yamaha Factory for 2016.
Jefro98
7/29/2015 4:46am
EMX250 team HNHF racing becomes HF racing.
Meaning Harry Nolte is pulling out of that team.

Another piece of the puzzle of Stefan Everts taking over the Suzuki team with Harry Nolte as his main technician guy.
7/29/2015 5:23am
Jefro98 wrote:
EMX250 team HNHF racing becomes HF racing. Meaning Harry Nolte is pulling out of that team. Another piece of the puzzle of Stefan Everts taking over...
EMX250 team HNHF racing becomes HF racing.
Meaning Harry Nolte is pulling out of that team.

Another piece of the puzzle of Stefan Everts taking over the Suzuki team with Harry Nolte as his main technician guy.
yep looks like Everts is going Suzuki ... but who rides a Suzuki next year if Desalle goes to Kawasaki ?
7/29/2015 5:35am
Motofinne wrote:
What about Kullas? 3rd in Latvia and he had just 2 days on the bike, he has to ride MXGP next year because of the age...
What about Kullas? 3rd in Latvia and he had just 2 days on the bike, he has to ride MXGP next year because of the age limit. Will Wilvo Nestaan put 2 450 bikes out there next year?
I believe Wilvo Nestaan was supposed to be mx2 only, but had to keep Ferris because he had some kind of a deal with them/husky, and because of the age limit had to field him on a 450.

Coldenhoff is apparently in talks with KTM to join Cairoli.

I'm also interested to see who Everts will get with him to Suzuki.
51xc
7/29/2015 6:56am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2015 7:01am
in an recent interview with a ktm official about herlings for the most part, was said that herlings contract has a clause that jh will decide to 100% if he goes 450 or stays 250 for 2016. nobody else has a say plus he would not join ac222 team. jh would be under his 'own' ktm tent. they also mentioned that ktm will need to reduce there riders in future. t searle was also mentioned, as he has to prove himself to stay with the team because as of now he was not able to show his potential. it sounded almost as if ktm would leave searle go.
so ac222 and kdd (plus jh?) on ktm 450 and searle may get that spot at suzuki.
OXBOY
7/29/2015 8:21am
Yamaha Standing Construct MXGP : Valentin Guillod
Yamaha MXGP Rinaldi : Febvre & Van Horebeek

Yamaha Standing Construct MX2 : Julien Lieber & Aleksandr Tonkov
Yamaha KEMEA MX2 : Van Doninck & Paturel

KTM MXGP : AC222 & Coldenhoff
MX2 : Jeffrey Herlings, Pauls Jonass and Davy Pootjes

Kawasaki MXGP : Tixier & Desalle
MX2 : Petar Petrov & Dylan Ferrandis

Suzuki MXGP : ????...Kevin Strijbos ???, .....
MX2 : Jeremy Seewer & Brian Hsu

Husqvarna MXGP : Max Nagl and Todd Waters
MX2 : Max Anstie & Thomas Covington

Honda MXGP : Paulin & Bobryshev
MX2 : Tim Gajser
brimx153
7/29/2015 5:03pm
i really see Guillod going to suzuki with Everts . heard the rumor at the same time and Everts is 100% team manager next year . big thing will be will Strijbos stay ,as he said if Smets cant stay he is leaving .
TMV
7/29/2015 11:17pm
brimx153 wrote:
i really see Guillod going to suzuki with Everts . heard the rumor at the same time and Everts is 100% team manager next year...
i really see Guillod going to suzuki with Everts . heard the rumor at the same time and Everts is 100% team manager next year . big thing will be will Strijbos stay ,as he said if Smets cant stay he is leaving .
Guillod said that wherever he lands, he will still work with Demaria...

Post a reply to: GP silly season.

The Latest