GP of Great Britain - Bench Racing Discussion

8/21/2011 10:48am
kongols wrote:
They are dropping like flys. That`s 70% of top10 GP riders out with injury's. Crazy...AngrySick
maybe the season is too long and too many national races
Ewan
8/21/2011 11:17am
moto282 wrote:
Question: I know the GPs have works bikes... but are there rules to make sure the bikes are somewhat equal? I mean the KTM 250Fs holeshot...
Question:

I know the GPs have works bikes... but are there rules to make sure the bikes are somewhat equal? I mean the KTM 250Fs holeshot almost every single race and the commentator is always saying how fast they are. Or Roczen is just that good at starts. Did he get so many good starts on the Suzuki last year? Does get a little boring with him leading almost every moto from start to finish. I guess you could compare it to the PC bikes in the AMA, but they don't holeshot nearly as much as the KTMs in the GPs.

Was great to see Pourcel riding like his old self. Was bummed to see my favorite GP rider Herlings go down. The track looked like a lot of fun to ride.
No rules, the factory teams run full factory bikes, paulin is riding a fuel injected yzf in MX2 and the factory kawi teams were on 2012 chasis long before RV (probably cause the AMA had to have 2012 models in the US for sale) for example.

Roczen came rIght into form towards the latter part of his last season on the suzuki, but he wasn't nailing holeshots. If he won he generally came from behind. I reckon if Ken had been on a KTM last year, marvin wouldn't have got his 2nd title. It wasn't just starts he suffered on, the hilly circuits showed the gap between KTM and the zook.

You're right, the KTMs are way ahead of anyone else in terms of power over here. Much like PC is in the states.

CLS and PC have work to do over the winter in getting that bike working like it does in the states, but maybe it's never going to run as strong with European pipe restriction and fuel? If they can't get equal power to the austrians, searle's in for a long year playing 2nd fiddle to Herlings.
8/21/2011 11:18am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2011 11:19am
Ouch, that was crazy. The crash.

The Shop

ocscottie
8/21/2011 11:28am
Ewan, "but maybe it's never going to run as strong with European pipe restriction and fuel?"

Remember, new rules next year, we get the GP sound levels here, and they get the US fuel over there.
Berni
8/21/2011 11:43am
kongols wrote:
They are dropping like flys. That`s 70% of top10 GP riders out with injury's. Crazy...AngrySick
steedmills wrote:
No way man, in Europe we only have fifteen races a year....Whistling
8/21/2011 11:55am
kongols wrote:
steedmills wrote:
Berni wrote:
15 GP's (two days) and certainly 10 + national
line-up
8/21/2011 12:08pm
steedmills wrote:
Berni wrote:
steedmills wrote:
15 GP's (two days) and certainly 10 + national
Philippaerts once said he usually does 29-30 races a year
Berni
8/21/2011 1:03pm
OUCH I thought the only busy riders were in the States, nice to know Wink
Ewan
8/21/2011 1:51pm
ocscottie wrote:
Ewan, "but maybe it's never going to run as strong with European pipe restriction and fuel?" Remember, new rules next year, we get the GP sound...
Ewan, "but maybe it's never going to run as strong with European pipe restriction and fuel?"

Remember, new rules next year, we get the GP sound levels here, and they get the US fuel over there.
Wow, I didn't know that.

Could spice things up a little both sides of the Atlantic.
mccread
8/21/2011 2:06pm
Great two days racing at the GP, I hope all the injured riders are ok, Boog, Mackenzie Leok all looked badly injured, yet more top riders in mx1 out... that is 6 factory riders plus MacKenzie. I hope all the rider recover well, injuries in mx are horrible.

Roczen was flying but Searle was on it in the first race, with a start he could have battled Ken no problem. CP rode great and is soooo smooth on the 450, the track was roungh and choppy by the final moto it was crazy.
burnside
8/21/2011 2:45pm
Took this pic today at the GP.... check out the marshal's weird posing grin! ha

burnside
8/21/2011 2:47pm
PS: Those KTM 250s have to be cheater bikes. Way too many 5+ metre holeshots!
sharkey
8/21/2011 3:32pm
Ewan wrote:
Injury has wiped out a good number of top riders in mx1, the accident and subsequent restart ruined the 2nd Moto. Ken makes mx2 boring, searle...
Injury has wiped out a good number of top riders in mx1, the accident and subsequent restart ruined the 2nd Moto.

Ken makes mx2 boring, searle made things interesting 1st Moto but wasn't really going anywhere in the 2nd.

Not the best, but far from the worst. Track is awesome, would have been cool if it was a bit earlier in the year and riders hadn't succumbed to injury.

Anybody heard an update on billy and Tanel?
moto282 wrote:
Question: I know the GPs have works bikes... but are there rules to make sure the bikes are somewhat equal? I mean the KTM 250Fs holeshot...
Question:

I know the GPs have works bikes... but are there rules to make sure the bikes are somewhat equal? I mean the KTM 250Fs holeshot almost every single race and the commentator is always saying how fast they are. Or Roczen is just that good at starts. Did he get so many good starts on the Suzuki last year? Does get a little boring with him leading almost every moto from start to finish. I guess you could compare it to the PC bikes in the AMA, but they don't holeshot nearly as much as the KTMs in the GPs.

Was great to see Pourcel riding like his old self. Was bummed to see my favorite GP rider Herlings go down. The track looked like a lot of fun to ride.
not sure it matters but the ktms do always make the most horsepower in the shootouts
8/21/2011 3:46pm
mccread wrote:
Great two days racing at the GP, I hope all the injured riders are ok, Boog, Mackenzie Leok all looked badly injured, yet more top riders...
Great two days racing at the GP, I hope all the injured riders are ok, Boog, Mackenzie Leok all looked badly injured, yet more top riders in mx1 out... that is 6 factory riders plus MacKenzie. I hope all the rider recover well, injuries in mx are horrible.

Roczen was flying but Searle was on it in the first race, with a start he could have battled Ken no problem. CP rode great and is soooo smooth on the 450, the track was roungh and choppy by the final moto it was crazy.
Boog is OK from what I know...
DanDunes818
8/21/2011 9:36pm
moto282 wrote:
Question:

Ewan wrote:
No rules, the factory teams run full factory bikes, paulin is riding a fuel injected yzf in MX2 and the factory kawi teams were on 2012...
No rules, the factory teams run full factory bikes, paulin is riding a fuel injected yzf in MX2 and the factory kawi teams were on 2012 chasis long before RV (probably cause the AMA had to have 2012 models in the US for sale) for example.

Roczen came rIght into form towards the latter part of his last season on the suzuki, but he wasn't nailing holeshots. If he won he generally came from behind. I reckon if Ken had been on a KTM last year, marvin wouldn't have got his 2nd title. It wasn't just starts he suffered on, the hilly circuits showed the gap between KTM and the zook.

You're right, the KTMs are way ahead of anyone else in terms of power over here. Much like PC is in the states.

CLS and PC have work to do over the winter in getting that bike working like it does in the states, but maybe it's never going to run as strong with European pipe restriction and fuel? If they can't get equal power to the austrians, searle's in for a long year playing 2nd fiddle to Herlings.

Looks like way more than just the factory KTM's pull into turn one.
sharkey
8/21/2011 9:41pm
look at that sea of orange. 6 friggin bikes and 1 green one
ocscottie
8/22/2011 4:20pm
Kickass pics Andy! feel free to make a new thread to share so more people see them.
tbanks
8/22/2011 4:27pm
Wow ugly crash.....reminds me of RC and JS at Unadilla.
DrSweden
8/22/2011 8:36pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2011 9:45pm
WHAT A RACE (MX1). Damn, one of the best races this year! Happy for Pourcel and his team, so nice to see him ride again and his style, it's even better than before? To bad he still seems to have lack of stamina. Glad BillyMac is ok. Hope Leok is ok as well?

Good pics, tnx for sharing!!!

Post a reply to: GP of Great Britain - Bench Racing Discussion

The Latest