GP bikes

Trav138
Edited Date/Time 3/11/2015 9:19pm
I love the flo green side plates on Ferrendis and Covington's KXF's, really makes the bike stand out. I had trouble finding pics of the GP 2015 bikes. Some are cool and different than the ama team bikes. Post pics and lets check them out thanks.
Ps i tried searching and not much came up

|
yzjs7
3/10/2015 8:26pm
Trav138 wrote:
I love the flo green side plates on Ferrendis and Covington's KXF's, really makes the bike stand out. I had trouble finding pics of the GP...
I love the flo green side plates on Ferrendis and Covington's KXF's, really makes the bike stand out. I had trouble finding pics of the GP 2015 bikes. Some are cool and different than the ama team bikes. Post pics and lets check them out thanks.

That does look good,and wow look how far back he's sitting. Talk about seat bouncing!
stillwelding
3/10/2015 8:52pm
You're probably just going to have to wait until you can snag some photos of the machines when they return to Europe in a month or so. By then, a more diverse batch of photographers have access to the paddock. The traveling Euro "Journalists" are usually just members of some riders " Cult of Personality", and don't schedule the riders machines into their regular dispatches.

LaughingTongueWink

The Shop

Trav138
3/10/2015 8:58pm
You're probably just going to have to wait until you can snag some photos of the machines when they return to Europe in a month or...
You're probably just going to have to wait until you can snag some photos of the machines when they return to Europe in a month or so. By then, a more diverse batch of photographers have access to the paddock. The traveling Euro "Journalists" are usually just members of some riders " Cult of Personality", and don't schedule the riders machines into their regular dispatches.

LaughingTongueWink

Thanks for posting those
Desalle's Suzuki is awesome. Ya i think more photos will be around soon like you said
bents
Fantasy
710th
3/10/2015 9:04pm
The bikes have always been the coolest part of the GP scene. Beauties all.
stillwelding
3/10/2015 9:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/10/2015 10:18pm
bents wrote:
The bikes have always been the coolest part of the GP scene. Beauties all.
We used to have the cool factory bikes here in the US too, until some magazine editor decided that the competitions would be more fair for the privateers if everyone rode production bikes. Strangely enough, the best guys, who deserved the factory bikes were still out front, when the works bikes were gone. All the public got were bikes that cost twice as much as the old bikes and 90% of the public went no faster. Maybe 99.9%. JMO, the facts could disprove any of my commentary.
Motoxdoc
3/10/2015 9:36pm
I think no backround makes them look kind of amateurish...like they're trying to cut corners and save money...and the lack of contrast makes it harder to see the number; but that's just my opinion.
3/10/2015 11:09pm
It will be interesting to see if any of the Husky team riders will or are using the 16 KTM FE frame, which everyone seems to like. There's nothing stopping them.
austin888_99
3/10/2015 11:28pm
Trav138 wrote:
I love the flo green side plates on Ferrendis and Covington's KXF's, really makes the bike stand out. I had trouble finding pics of the GP...

That is a nice looking bike. Also an awesome pic being that he is in the air and the rear shock hasn't even rebounded yet.
3/10/2015 11:56pm
Yay a thread about bikes

instead of the usual big brother cult of personality rider crap that is so prevalent here.

Still didnt see an answer about the canister on RVs Kawa?

Whats under Desalles holeshot device?

Nice Alu one piece subframe on it too.

worcsracer808
3/10/2015 11:57pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
I think no backround makes them look kind of amateurish...like they're trying to cut corners and save money...and the lack of contrast makes it harder to...
I think no backround makes them look kind of amateurish...like they're trying to cut corners and save money...and the lack of contrast makes it harder to see the number; but that's just my opinion.
i thought it looked pretty bad to be honest especially cause the numbers are black and not white like the front plate it doesnt even make sense
3/11/2015 12:04am
It will be interesting to see if any of the Husky team riders will or are using the 16 KTM FE frame, which everyone seems to...
It will be interesting to see if any of the Husky team riders will or are using the 16 KTM FE frame, which everyone seems to like. There's nothing stopping them.
As there's no production frame rule, they can run frames how each rider wants them,

so I would doubt they care about getting the production FE stuff.

That said, they may well do.

Seamorbutts
3/11/2015 12:15am
All are bad ass excepted for the Kawi and Suzuki. That Honda is a thing of beauty, and so are the other three.
Fastbelly
3/11/2015 12:46am
I think the lack of number backgrounds makes em look like they just wheeled it out of the showroom and stuck some numbers on em! Yuck.

Surprised the backrounds and number colour isn't stipulated by the FIM like it is in most championships.

3/11/2015 1:28am Edited Date/Time 3/11/2015 1:29am
Trav138 wrote:

yzjs7 wrote:
That does look good,and wow look how far back he's sitting. Talk about seat bouncing!
Pretty crazy how well the top riders can work the bike (mxlarge.com).

I'm a big fan of the Husqvarna's - love the white, blue, yellow combo. Really stands out (in a pleasant way).
stillwelding
3/11/2015 8:33pm
A few more shots of RV's bike from MXpure, Alex Hodgkinsons website. Alex is a long time reporter of things GP. I remember he always hated American riders, and when sending stories to US magazines, would clean the stories up to make them acceptable to American readers. When you'd read them in English mags or others, he'd be rippin a new A-hole into the American riders.

http://www.mx-pure.com/archive/news-20090318095911-20150227130710.htm

ob
3/11/2015 8:54pm
That tank and cap on Villos bike are ridiculous. And that red bull husky is way cool looking.
DonM
3/11/2015 8:58pm
It doesn't appear that any of the KTM teams other than the factory bikes are running the FE in the GP's while here all the KTM teams are except Orange Brigade...
Bruce372
3/11/2015 9:19pm
You're probably just going to have to wait until you can snag some photos of the machines when they return to Europe in a month or...

LaughingTongueWink

anyone notice that both the AMA and FIM rmz450 factory bikes have a different water pump and oil filter cover/case???

Post a reply to: GP bikes

The Latest