GP Assen, construction work

63mark
8/27/2015 3:43am
jip, construction of the track should be done 2 hours ago, but stil a lot of men bussy bilding the jumps. Smile haha
Bet they had to wait due to bad weather...
moto111
Fantasy
1414th
8/27/2015 7:46am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
[img]https://media.syracuse.com/entertainment/photo/10188734-large.jpg[/img] Assen, heh heh heh, heh heh heh

Assen, heh heh heh, heh heh heh
This is hilarious.

Monza28
8/27/2015 9:26am
Davy Pootjes just tested the track for the first time so it should be done.
8/27/2015 11:31am
Monza28 wrote:
Davy Pootjes just tested the track for the first time so it should be done.
yep! Here is the footage of it.

Looks interesting. I would love to see a real track like Lierop allot more though ...

The Shop

jamma10
8/27/2015 11:44am
Is anyone even the slighted bit excited about this GP...?

8/27/2015 11:47am
Man can't wait to go there this weekend. This is the track I race with my car.
500guy
8/27/2015 11:50am
I'm hoping Antsi continues to win and gets a little help to possible win the Championship.
jamma10
8/27/2015 11:53am
500guy wrote:
I'm hoping Antsi continues to win and gets a little help to possible win the Championship.
He's been riding as though he had Antsi in his pantsi, that's for sure.
RG1
8/27/2015 11:55am
jamma10 wrote:

I'm interested to see how it turns out. But I wouldn't use the word excited. No matter how good it is, it's not Lierop
8/27/2015 11:59am
jamma10 wrote:

I am! Not really about the track.. but okay it can turn out okay we'll see that on the weekend.

The racing on the other hand. 250s points standings are interesting. Sand track should provide another good shot for Anstie to go 1-1. Guillod and Gasjer better step it up soon.

450s .. Febvre is a beast and can get the title this weekend if he finishes infront of Paulin so thats pretty hype. Allthought the last Dutch GP was won impressively by Paulin. (Valkenswaard)

JVH89 was on fire last weekend, hope he can carry this through till mxon and maybye get an overall win i'm a big fan of him.
Question
8/27/2015 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/27/2015 12:02pm
DeStouwer wrote:
Hope this doesn't turn out to be a fiasco like the Lausitzring-track in 2013. A lot of injuries that GP. I don't believe in MX-tracks that...
Hope this doesn't turn out to be a fiasco like the Lausitzring-track in 2013. A lot of injuries that GP. I don't believe in MX-tracks that are built just a few days in advance, the sand never can "sink in" to become a proper soil. Hope I'm wrong, but ruts will be deep and unpredictable.
Paulin's crash was gnarly for instance, but done right, it can be like Daytona so I think there should be a venue in a stadium like this. Diversity is cool. However I wonder if it is good to do it in Europe, especially in the Netherlands where you have 2 legendary tracks (Valkenswaard & Lierop). Plus Assen in the north of the Netherlands, I hope indeed there will be enough spectators. Maybe a stadium/F1 facility would be better in Malaysia for instance. But then again that would not create new good facilities like they built in Thailand, Argentina or Brazil. So I really do not know what is best...
8/27/2015 1:42pm
75 cm of very soft sand put down a few days before the Gp ...
MXGP, MX2, EMX250, EMX125, veterans cup

we all know whats gonna happen .....

i predict there wil be corners you better use a slick tire because all the sand wil be gone by sunday ....
RG1
8/27/2015 2:08pm
bongobongo wrote:
75 cm of very soft sand put down a few days before the Gp ... MXGP, MX2, EMX250, EMX125, veterans cup we all know whats gonna...

i predict there wil be corners you better use a slick tire because all the sand wil be gone by sunday ....
I thought that. Running that many classes on a temporary sand track could be disastrous
Jefro98
8/27/2015 2:58pm
jamma10 wrote:

Fuck yeah.
I don't really care where they take it. I'll be having fun anyway hooking up with friends, having a beer on Saturday night and watching top class riders race trick bikes.
philG
8/27/2015 3:18pm
I was excited enough to look at ferry prices , but not excited enough to pay them... a friend in Holland told me that MX is a southern thing , and the north of the country where Assen is , isnt that mad on MX .. if it was at Lierop, we would be there , but this doesnt fill me with glee.

However, the racing will be good hopefully, just hope nobody hits any of the trackside stuff , cos it looks too close .
8/27/2015 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 8/27/2015 3:35pm
500guy wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
He's been riding as though he had Antsi in his pantsi, that's for sure.
Lmfao, I'm wondering if that one goes astray or not Laughing
8/27/2015 3:37pm
jamma10 wrote:

Actually I am, I should have been there but can't now which is a pain in ten ass.

I'll hold judgement until Sunday night after the motos but I'm expecting g a good race, and for Brits at the top.

It's not got elevation which mx should have IMO but screw it, it's got sand, and soft sand by the look of it.
8/27/2015 3:38pm
jamma10 wrote:

I am! Not really about the track.. but okay it can turn out okay we'll see that on the weekend. The racing on the other hand...
I am! Not really about the track.. but okay it can turn out okay we'll see that on the weekend.

The racing on the other hand. 250s points standings are interesting. Sand track should provide another good shot for Anstie to go 1-1. Guillod and Gasjer better step it up soon.

450s .. Febvre is a beast and can get the title this weekend if he finishes infront of Paulin so thats pretty hype. Allthought the last Dutch GP was won impressively by Paulin. (Valkenswaard)

JVH89 was on fire last weekend, hope he can carry this through till mxon and maybye get an overall win i'm a big fan of him.
Ah dude btw gutted about Kevin, wtf that's crappy timing huh.
DeStouwer
8/28/2015 12:17am
EMX125 should be exciting too, Jorge Prado and Josiah Natzke are separated by 1 point!
mrbingo_
8/28/2015 12:48am
this is just stupid.
there are plenty of great tracks around europe to find already.

put the construction money in the pockets of the riders instead.
mrbingo_
8/28/2015 12:49am
btw. heavy rain on sunday. there goes the sand dream
8/28/2015 2:02am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2015 2:02am
like the comment of Pootjes on the track Smile
it is a good and nice track, the sand is even more lose than Lommel. the only thing that can happen is
the holes are getting so deep whe ride the tarmac Smile haha
8/28/2015 3:00am
jamma10 wrote:

RG1 wrote:
I'm interested to see how it turns out. But I wouldn't use the word excited. No matter how good it is, it's not Lierop
I would imagine both simpson, and anstie will both be looking forward to another sand track! hoping for a good result from them both again this weekend.

I'll record it on my sky + and watch it when I get back from racing, but wouldn't say I was excited about it. If it was at lierop then I would have booked a ferry to get over there and watch it- that place needs to be back on the mxgp calendar NOW!

people bang on about lommel being this fantastic sand track- its rubbish compared to lierop!!! lierop is the best gp to go to in Holland / Belgium in my opinion. Real nice setting in the middle of the trees, and you can get up close to the track, to watch those guys race round there is something else! needs to be seen in person to appreciate just how tough it gets on gp weekend
jamma10
8/28/2015 3:12am
I'd rather they held the race on the land that they're taking the sand from!
RG1
8/28/2015 3:21am
I would imagine both simpson, and anstie will both be looking forward to another sand track! hoping for a good result from them both again this...
I would imagine both simpson, and anstie will both be looking forward to another sand track! hoping for a good result from them both again this weekend.

I'll record it on my sky + and watch it when I get back from racing, but wouldn't say I was excited about it. If it was at lierop then I would have booked a ferry to get over there and watch it- that place needs to be back on the mxgp calendar NOW!

people bang on about lommel being this fantastic sand track- its rubbish compared to lierop!!! lierop is the best gp to go to in Holland / Belgium in my opinion. Real nice setting in the middle of the trees, and you can get up close to the track, to watch those guys race round there is something else! needs to be seen in person to appreciate just how tough it gets on gp weekend
Yeah I've been to Lierop for the last 2 GP's they held there and it's just such an awesome track. Toughest sand track in the world in my opinion. Herlings is out of this world round there
8/28/2015 3:38am
jamma10 wrote:
I'd rather they held the race on the land that they're taking the sand from!
I was thinking exactly the same thing...

Wink
Motofinne
8/28/2015 3:41am
bongobongo wrote:
75 cm of very soft sand put down a few days before the Gp ... MXGP, MX2, EMX250, EMX125, veterans cup we all know whats gonna...

RG1 wrote:
I thought that. Running that many classes on a temporary sand track could be disastrous
Im actually really worried about this, 75cm isn't enough.
8/28/2015 3:52am
RG1 wrote:
Yeah I've been to Lierop for the last 2 GP's they held there and it's just such an awesome track. Toughest sand track in the world...
Yeah I've been to Lierop for the last 2 GP's they held there and it's just such an awesome track. Toughest sand track in the world in my opinion. Herlings is out of this world round there
Same i've been to every GP and MXON held at Lierop since the year 2000. Saw so many History happen there. Most memorable was one of Stefan Everts his world titles he got there.

Other standout ones where Shaun Simpson his carreer first GP win and Jeffrey Herlings destroying the 250 field (2012 ? might be 2013 or 2014) he lapped the whole field except for his then teammate Jeremy van Horebeke!

One of the roughest sand tracks in the world no doubt. I'm really sad there haven't been a GP there for 2 years now.

Post a reply to: GP Assen, construction work

The Latest