G. Bailey describes some stupid stuff he saw

Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 8:52am
Good article by Gary.
http://www.racerxvt.com/article/what-were-the-parents-not-thinking

I once saw two riders stop in the middle of the track, actually parked on the downside of a tabletop, sitting there talking, in the middle of a day practice. I mean, do you have a functioning brain cell in your head?
At the races once in Pa. there was a kid doing full throttle starts through the pits. Treating the pit lane like a start strip. Two elderly people were sitting there and said something to the mom proudly watching- she proceeded to start screaming curse words at them.
Once I was at a Virginia track where there was only a couple bikes riding. Dad is standing there watching while his kid plays in the dirt, on the face of giant step up. The kid has 50 acres to play in, and he's got to sit in the dirt a foot away from where 450s are launching a giant jump.

It's just a stunning level of stupidity I see almost every time I go to the track. What's up with that? is it just the general love of risk?
|
CR250Rider
10/28/2011 10:36am
We go to a 5,000 acre sand dune area and the same bunch of idiots mentioned above go +60 mpg within 20 feet of where we park.

they do wheelies, stir up tons of dust and ride with shorts and a t shirt.
for crying out loud, there are 5,000 acres of virgin sand, great jumps, and no people around out there.
they trying to show off or something, i dunno...

I think dirtbike riders in general are idiots
Highsider
10/28/2011 10:36am
It has never been said that motocrossers are the sharpest knives in the drawer!Laughing
CamP
10/28/2011 10:39am
I've seen the exact scenario that Bailey described go terribly wrong. The only difference was instead of parents, the guy supervising the 65 kid was a professional "trainer" and the kid actually got landed on by the guy about 10' in front of me.

I love this sport, but it is a magnet for dumb asses.

The Shop

yzmatt
10/28/2011 10:48am
We've got some pinhead at one of our local tracks that gets his little girl on her pw50 out on the main track during the busiest time of the day. The track is full of big bikes and he's following her on his big bike in his shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes.

She can barely get up and over some of the steeper areas of the track.

Appearantly he had a bike problem recently and she wasn't aware dad wasn't back there and there was a close call. He couldn't understand why he got so much negative attention on the Houston MX message board.

Complete pinhead, he asked how he's supposed to get his girl ready for LL if she can't ride the main track. He's going to have a lot more than LL's to worry about when she gets landed on by a 450....

Maybe it's just me, but little kids should be able to abuse those 50's in a field before ever rolling onto a track. If you can't run that thing wide open and man handle it on flat ground, a track is no place to learn, with or without big bikes on it....
lilbulld
10/28/2011 10:57am
Pit riding and unorganized practice is the biggest problem I see at our local tracks by beginners and A riders alike... the pit riding is what kills me though, nothing like having the truck doors open unloading or getting dressed and getting crop dusted by some tard that really thinks he is impressing everyone or younger faster rider that just doesnt really give a damn
peelout
10/28/2011 10:59am
i watched some dumbass grab Tyler Evans' girlfriend's ass at the Hard Rock in Vegas and promptly get knocked the fuck out.

pretty dumb move right there
10/28/2011 11:17am
peelout wrote:
i watched some dumbass grab Tyler Evans' girlfriend's ass at the Hard Rock in Vegas and promptly get knocked the fuck out. pretty dumb move right...
i watched some dumbass grab Tyler Evans' girlfriend's ass at the Hard Rock in Vegas and promptly get knocked the fuck out.

Bro, it was worth it.

Onion, all I's gots to say.
Switch
10/28/2011 11:18am
peelout wrote:
i watched some dumbass grab Tyler Evans' girlfriend's ass at the Hard Rock in Vegas and promptly get knocked the fuck out. pretty dumb move right...

Woohoo
holeshot100
10/28/2011 11:39am
Even here in Missouri tracks separated all practices.
1. 50's and ultra beginners on 60's or XR's
2. 60's and 80's
3. Beginner and novice big bikes
4. Intermediates and experts big bikes.

Yes there was some down time, but eliminated practice accidents. One accident is too many.
mxtryon231
10/28/2011 11:46am
Even here in Missouri tracks separated all practices. 1. 50's and ultra beginners on 60's or XR's 2. 60's and 80's 3. Beginner and novice big...
2. 60's and 80's

Yes there was some down time, but eliminated practice accidents. One accident is too many.
wish they would do that in so cal.
10/28/2011 12:08pm
Even here in Missouri tracks separated all practices. 1. 50's and ultra beginners on 60's or XR's 2. 60's and 80's 3. Beginner and novice big...
2. 60's and 80's

I support separation, but there is one problem. Give each group 30 minutes and that is an hour and half gap between your rides. Nothing like riding up to the gate and being told you can ride an hour from now or more.
Switch
10/28/2011 12:12pm Edited Date/Time 10/28/2011 12:12pm
Pretty cool to see my nephew in that picture of the PW's at Loretta's.

Most of what is being discussed comes down to track owner's aswell. If I was running a track and saw a kid/parent doing half the things that have been mentioned, they would be asked to park it until they can figure out how the system works. JMO though
SL91
10/28/2011 12:15pm
Highsider wrote:
It has never been said that motocrossers are the sharpest knives in the drawer!Laughing
Can't argue with that Smile
manering
10/28/2011 12:30pm
fastest riders in the pits are the slowest on the track
Stooperbike
10/28/2011 1:35pm
There are some parents out there that are retards and unfortunately some are to stupid to listen to anyone. I help run a local riding park in town, there is a little track on it which is open to anyone so it can get a little nuts. Few weeks ago some guy and his son shows up with this POS homemade minibike, since the park is open to everyone he was able to ride. I rode a little then came back to see the kid enter the track.. and go the wrong way! His gear was sneakers and a bicycle helmet. WTF i said, I walked over the father and told him your kid is going the wrong way, he said the ONE WAY sign was confusing, but at least he pulled his kid off the track. I then told you cant let your kid rid here, he does not have proper saftey equipment, which is in the rules that are posted as you enter the track..... about 2 feet from where we were standing. He then tells me he is working on getting him a good helmet, but that stuff is so expensive and times are tough...Retard!!!
Highsider
10/28/2011 1:45pm
2. 60's and 80's

I support separation, but there is one problem. Give each group 30 minutes and that is an hour and half gap between your rides. Nothing like...
I support separation, but there is one problem. Give each group 30 minutes and that is an hour and half gap between your rides. Nothing like riding up to the gate and being told you can ride an hour from now or more.
My local track is 20-minute sessions and sometimes only two or three sessions depending on who shows up.
I call that "rest time"!
10/28/2011 1:57pm
Well, I once saw Gary Bailey himself standing in the middle of the track and get hit by a kid on a 65cc bike. He was laid out for awhile. Everyone gathers around and when he finally gets up he calls the kid over and tells everyone in the crowd. "I was just about to tell you this kid is accident waiting to happen."

Post a reply to: G. Bailey describes some stupid stuff he saw

The Latest