Full Tilt CR250 Build - MXA Two Stroke Hall of Fame

Markee
Fantasy
1941st
1/2/2016 4:59am
I am running the works free pistons, oil lock collars and spring perches in addition to the coatings.
I was going to get the free pistons, but after discussion with RG3...who suggested they were stronger, but much heavier, we decided to forego them since...
I was going to get the free pistons, but after discussion with RG3...who suggested they were stronger, but much heavier, we decided to forego them since the stock ones weren't prone to breaking and there was no real performance benefit.

Are those stock fork lugs that you machined to lighten them? Looks great.
I have heard of a lot of the stock ones ending up like the pic below, that was good enough for me. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/12/31/117711/s1200_11111531_983895274962220_1830741447_n.jpg[/img] In regards to...
I have heard of a lot of the stock ones ending up like the pic below, that was good enough for me.

In regards to the fork lugs, yes they are modified OEM lugs. I just wanted to make them look better and in the process they ended up being a little bit lighter but not by much.

Apparently this can be fixed with drilling two holes in the free pistons.
blackdiamond
1/2/2016 9:31am
Here are a few of the carbon fiber parts I just finished fabricating. The case saver I made from scratch from a sheet of 5mm carbon...
Here are a few of the carbon fiber parts I just finished fabricating. The case saver I made from scratch from a sheet of 5mm carbon plate. The silencer is custom as well, made to OEM specs in regards to the core diameter and length. I actually cut the brackets out of a spare PC silencer I had laying around and modified them to be riveted to the carbon/kevlar tube before having them black anodized. Turned out pretty sweet. The chain guide is a slightly modified Lightspeed piece.

charley586 wrote:
any details on building a silencer like this? It would fit well my 250AF.

nice works
Here are the mounts after I cut them from an old PC silencer. I machined them down and had them anodized before they were riveted to the carbon fiber tube on the silencer.

CR250Rider
1/2/2016 9:44am
OCScotty, make the "quote last text only" checked by default

BlackDiamond: I'll bet MXA would sell a lot of magazines if this bike were featured in an upcoming issue Smile is Jody out there?

The Shop

1/2/2016 10:11am
Here are the mounts after I cut them from an old PC silencer. I machined them down and had them anodized before they were riveted to...
Here are the mounts after I cut them from an old PC silencer. I machined them down and had them anodized before they were riveted to the carbon fiber tube on the silencer.

How did you built the canister? Does it come from a answer carbonfiber silencer?
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
1/2/2016 10:18am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2016 10:20am
I built mine out of the answer silencer. Pro circuit make them now for cr's. $329.00 Kevlar and titanium.
1/2/2016 12:58pm
CrGuy2T wrote:
I built mine out of the answer silencer. Pro circuit make them now for cr's. $329.00 Kevlar and titanium.
Pro circuit makes them for all old late model 2 strokes except for rm 2 strokes. What gives lol.... I swear I see more rm 2 stroke builds on here then any other brand.....
1/2/2016 1:14pm
Nice build. Who's does the transmission work? lightned and iso superfinish?
kiwifan
1/2/2016 1:19pm
MadsDausel wrote:
Read the first couple of pages
blackdiamond
1/2/2016 10:11pm
charley586 wrote:
How did you built the canister? Does it come from a answer carbonfiber silencer?
This is where I sourced the tube, its hard to find this tube in the correct diameter for some reason? It took a bit of digging to find it.

blackdiamond
1/2/2016 10:59pm
MadsDausel wrote:
Pat Johnson
rcr811@aol.com

All of the gears are lightened and some of them disappeared completely Laughing
blackdiamond
1/3/2016 7:30am
RS250?
I can't remember which model honestly (bought this about 6 months ago)

I just bought the silencer based on length and diameter because I knew I was going to change everything else and cut it down to the OEM spec when I built it. It was originally 300mm x 70mm diameter.
blackdiamond
1/3/2016 8:54pm
Here is the kickstart knuckle after some lightening mods. I polished the outside a bit as well and then coated it with a baked on ceramic finish I wanted to experiment with. At this time we also rifle drilled the shift shaft and kickstart shaft as well. These pieces are really overbuilt compared to the new four strokes.

Here you can see what the color looks like next to Kashima. It is basically a matte army green of sorts.

blackdiamond
1/3/2016 9:02pm
I bought an old fuel tank on eBay from a factory Suzuki for $85 because it had this billet CNC machined fuel shut-off attached. The guy wouldn't sell it separately so I bought the tank and put it back on eBay and ended up selling it for $10 less than I bought it for. After a bit of scotchbrite work and a few new O-rings and the shut-off turned out amazing. These things had to cost a small fortune to make in limited quantities. I had to make the adapter plate so it would point in the correct direction and accept the slightly different bolt pattern as well.

MR. X
1/3/2016 9:29pm
Some real attention to detail ,great work for sure . The D class isn't gonna know what hit themTongue
1/3/2016 10:29pm
I see the name of the thread has evolved like everything else going on here. I like what you did with the kick start lever and agree. Lots of fat on them. Care to elaborate more on the gun drilling process as in how you did it? I'm more of a picture guy, you know, a picture is worth 1000 words type thing. Keep up the good work!
blackdiamond
1/3/2016 10:34pm
MR. X wrote:
Some real attention to detail ,great work for sure . The D class isn't gonna know what hit themTongue
What makes you think we race the same class?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/3/2016 10:37pm
MR. X wrote:
Burnnnnn... Laughing
blackdiamond
1/3/2016 10:39pm
I see the name of the thread has evolved like everything else going on here. I like what you did with the kick start lever and...
I see the name of the thread has evolved like everything else going on here. I like what you did with the kick start lever and agree. Lots of fat on them. Care to elaborate more on the gun drilling process as in how you did it? I'm more of a picture guy, you know, a picture is worth 1000 words type thing. Keep up the good work!
Basically I just chucked them up in the lathe and went to town and started opening up the I.D. a bit. Those two parts are not as hard as most of the stuff in the transmission so it wasn't so bad. Let me see if I have any pics before those parts were assembled, if I have them I will post them.
MR. X
1/3/2016 10:40pm
MR. X wrote:
LaughingLaughing I guess I deserve that ,still a sick build.
1/3/2016 10:42pm
Almost forgot, killer fuel shut off valve. This build is gold! Might as well change the thread name again to the 3rd gen cr250 blue print cause that's what it is. To me this is right up there or even past chadillacs 2012 crf250(or was it a 450?) with the sx250 motor swap and all the ti shit for days. Good stuff! How long have you been planing, gathering and machining parts for this build?
JMX82
1/3/2016 10:43pm
CR250Rider wrote:
OCScotty, make the "quote last text only" checked by default BlackDiamond: I'll bet MXA would sell a lot of magazines if this bike were featured in...
OCScotty, make the "quote last text only" checked by default

BlackDiamond: I'll bet MXA would sell a lot of magazines if this bike were featured in an upcoming issue Smile is Jody out there?
That would be really cool! I hope guys from MXA are watching this
1/3/2016 10:44pm
Basically I just chucked them up in the lathe and went to town and started opening up the I.D. a bit. Those two parts are not...
Basically I just chucked them up in the lathe and went to town and started opening up the I.D. a bit. Those two parts are not as hard as most of the stuff in the transmission so it wasn't so bad. Let me see if I have any pics before those parts were assembled, if I have them I will post them.
Quick response! If you could that would be great. Thanks
ocscottie
1/3/2016 10:50pm
Better yet, let our own ML512 do a full test / feature on it for our homepage. Michael knows his stuff! That would be the perfect bookend for this thread. Cool
1/3/2016 10:52pm
JMX82 wrote:
That would be really cool! I hope guys from MXA are watching this
Remember how hard MXA use to shit all over this bike jmx? Well they actually liked the chassis and suspension but absolutely hated the engine and carb. Kinda like the crf 450 I guessLaughing
kiwifan
1/3/2016 10:59pm
ocscottie wrote:
Better yet, let our own ML512 do a full test / feature on it for our homepage. Michael knows his stuff! That would be the perfect...
Better yet, let our own ML512 do a full test / feature on it for our homepage. Michael knows his stuff! That would be the perfect bookend for this thread. Cool
blackdiamond
1/3/2016 11:01pm
MR. X wrote:
LaughingLaughing I guess I deserve that ,still a sick build.
I couldn't help myself, all in good fun. I appreciate the compliments along the way fellas.

Post a reply to: Full Tilt CR250 Build - MXA Two Stroke Hall of Fame

The Latest