Fuel TV Expands Live Programming with AMA Motocross Coverage

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:14pm
Partners with Alli Sports and MX Sports Pro Racing to Telecast
Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship Events

LOS ANGELES, CA - FUEL TV, Alli Sports, and MX Sports Pro Racing announce an agreement for FUEL TV to air the first two races on the world-renowned, 12-stop Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship circuit live. In addition to the 24 hours of live event programming, FUEL TV also airs an hour-long season preview and 14 one-hour recap shows.

FUEL TV showcases the first 250 Class and 450 Class motocross races each Saturday of the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship, beginning with the Hangtown Motocross Classic in Sacramento, California, on May 21. Additionally, FUEL TV airs a one-hour highlight show each Thursday, as well as a season preview, mid-season summary, and post-season wrap-up shows.

“This expansion of our relationship with Alli Sports and MX Sports enables FUEL TV to continue our commitment to deliver high-quality coverage of motocross,” says CJ Olivares, FUEL TV GM. “FUEL TV currently brings fans an inside look into this grueling sport through our popular docu-series ‘The Moto: Inside The Outdoors,’ and now viewers will also have the chance to follow the races live each weekend.”

“We are thrilled to be moving our long-standing relationship with FUEL TV, which began with the Dew Tour in 2005, into another venue,” says Wade Martin, Alli Sports CEO “This is a great opportunity to expand the audience for motocross racing.”

“This is another huge step forward for American motocross, something our athletes and race fans have waited a long time for,” says Davey Coombs, VP of MX Sports Pro Racing. “The opportunity to enjoy live television coverage of each of our 12 championship rounds, as well as, a weekly highlight program is going to make this a fantastic summer for motocross fans.”

Additional Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship coverage is available on FUEL TV’s sister network, SPEED, as well as NBC Sports, which broadcasts the final two motocross races from each location.

Following is a complete calendar for the 2011 AMA Motocross Championship:
Saturday, May 21 Hangtown Motocross Classic Sacramento, CA
Saturday, May 28 Freestone Raceway Wortham, TX
Saturday, June 11 High Point Raceway Mt. Morris, PA
Saturday, June 18 Budds Creek Motocross Mechanicsville, MD
Saturday, June 25 Thunder Valley Motocross Lakewood, CO
Saturday, July 2 RedBud Buchanan, MI
Saturday, July 16 Spring Creek Motocross Millville, MN
Saturday, July 23 Washougal MX Park Washougal, WA
Saturday, August 13 Unadilla New Berlin, NY
Saturday, August 27 Southwick National Southwick, MA
Saturday, September 3 Steel City Raceway Delmont, PA
Saturday, September 10 Pala Raceway Pala, CA

For detailed schedules for individual Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship events, please visit www.fuel.tv
|
500guy
3/4/2011 10:54am
I don't understand how this works
is the MX on 3 different stations over the season and will we still get same day coverage no matter what station ?

Will there still be a live webcast and live timing ?
stash124
3/4/2011 11:03am
sweet, good thing they picked a network that most people don't even have....
DC
3/4/2011 11:06am
Seems like a pretty good deal to me, Stash. And yes, the first motos will also be live on the internet and we will stream the second moto audio and everything will have live timing and scoring, as usual.

History in the making.... It is the 40th year for the series!

DC
MX Sports
3/4/2011 11:06am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2011 11:09am
This is a great step for motocross and only will make things better for the future. Great job DC!

The Shop

kongols
3/4/2011 11:09am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2011 11:11am
DC wrote:
Seems like a pretty good deal to me, Stash. And yes, the first motos will also be live on the internet and we will stream the...
Seems like a pretty good deal to me, Stash. And yes, the first motos will also be live on the internet and we will stream the second moto audio and everything will have live timing and scoring, as usual.

DC
MX Sports
DC is the MAN. I bow in front of You.
mxrider225
Fantasy
2876th
3/4/2011 11:12am
DC do you know when the full TV schedule will come out for the nationals?
3/4/2011 11:14am
Thats a confusing press release. Somehow someway, are both motos VIEWABLE (not just noise)?
peelout
3/4/2011 11:15am
Void Main wrote:
Bummer, I don't get Fuel.
i don't either, i'm thankful that Alli is still showing them on the internet.

awesome news
newmann
3/4/2011 11:21am
DC wrote:
Seems like a pretty good deal to me, Stash. And yes, the first motos will also be live on the internet and we will stream the...

DC
MX Sports
Very cool.

But there was another announcement you mentioned several weeks ago that would be out soon..........
DoctorJD
3/4/2011 11:26am
The first two rounds will not air on NBC like the last couple years? Am I reading that right? Or are we only talking about the 1st moto's?
captmoto
3/4/2011 11:28am
DC wrote:

DC
MX Sports
40 years!!! Whats the hurry to get it on TV???
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
3/4/2011 11:33am
500guy wrote:
I don't understand how this works is the MX on 3 different stations over the season and will we still get same day coverage no matter...
is the MX on 3 different stations over the season and will we still get same day coverage no matter what station ?

This was in Racerhead recently, Jay, and it seems like first motos live on Fuel and the internet, most second 450s live on Speed or NBC. Maybe the rest same day, but not live?

"Hey, here's some very good news from the meeting I am sitting in on: The first set of motos at all twelve rounds of this summer's series will air live on Fuel TV, as well as online at www.AlliSports.com! That's a very, very big deal and another step forward for this series. (And of course the second motos will all air on SPEED and NBC, half which will air live. How cool is that?!) Stay tuned for more details, but summer is looking pretty damn good for American motocross."

Anyway, I don't think the Fuel PR is the whole package.
jamma10
3/4/2011 11:36am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2011 11:38am
How about employing a 'special' team of elusive cameramen to film the second moto's and 'secretly' stream the coverage live to the net? Think about all the fans, craving their sponsor fixes, it could be kinda like viral marketing!
motomike137
3/4/2011 11:38am
REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jeffro503
3/4/2011 11:39am
I HATE IT!!.....Why??.....Because Comcast doesn't carry Fuel tv! I'll have to deal with the Speed channel stuff.
Wandell
3/4/2011 11:41am
I'm excited, since I do get Fuel TV. They actually cover a lot of Moto.
However, 500 Guy is right. That press release is confusing.
hasko158
3/4/2011 12:09pm
This is excellent news and a great 1st step. I hope we can get to a point where where it is live on FOX or CBS or something. Not everyone get channels such as SPEED and FuelTV.
3/4/2011 12:26pm
I do not have speed, but that does not mean I have not seen all the supercross racesWink

Justin.tv.com
500guy
3/4/2011 12:28pm
500guy wrote:
I don't understand how this works is the MX on 3 different stations over the season and will we still get same day coverage no matter...

This was in Racerhead recently, Jay, and it seems like first motos live on Fuel and the internet, most second 450s live on Speed or NBC...
This was in Racerhead recently, Jay, and it seems like first motos live on Fuel and the internet, most second 450s live on Speed or NBC. Maybe the rest same day, but not live?

"Hey, here's some very good news from the meeting I am sitting in on: The first set of motos at all twelve rounds of this summer's series will air live on Fuel TV, as well as online at www.AlliSports.com! That's a very, very big deal and another step forward for this series. (And of course the second motos will all air on SPEED and NBC, half which will air live. How cool is that?!) Stay tuned for more details, but summer is looking pretty damn good for American motocross."

Anyway, I don't think the Fuel PR is the whole package.
That is good news

a little confusing but I'm sure I can sort it out.
Camp332
3/4/2011 12:32pm
All I know is I have Fuel TV, and the channel kicks ass! Lots of moto, and skateboard steez.

mxb2
3/4/2011 12:33pm
Great, i don t get fuel either!
hasko158
3/4/2011 1:04pm
1911 wrote:
I do not have speed, but that does not mean I have not seen all the supercross racesWink

Justin.tv.com
I will try that! Thanks!
bents
Fantasy
710th
3/4/2011 1:44pm
DC, you are a stud. We don't get Fuel up in Canada, but we do get speed, and we also have the internet....so I'm good. I know the other news-all 250cc bikes are legal in the AMA Pro Racing 250 class, right? Riiiight? RIIIIGHT? I kid, I kid. Right?
DanDunes818
3/4/2011 2:39pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2011 3:11pm
Thank you DC for another HUGE step forward for outdoor moto.. I'm going to a bunch of rounds this year but when I don't I get to see every minute of live MX from the comfort of my couch. Yeahhhhh !! Although if all the players stay healthy none of us will be sitting down when we watch this year.

I have comcast like a lot of you, and they don't carry Fuel TV, but all I have to say is their loss. Direct TV here I come baby. Bubbas World and inside the outdoors hasn't made me switch to Direct TV to get Fuel TV but this for sure will.. Buh Bye Comcast!!!
mxrider225
Fantasy
2876th
3/4/2011 3:35pm
Damn. Email my cable company and this is what I got back. Gues not anytime soon

Thank you for contacting Mid-Hudson Cablevision regarding your interests in FuelTV.

Mid-Hudson has had talks in the past with regards to launching FuelTV.  Mid-Hudson is considering a “sports tier” of channels and FuelTV is part of the channels being considered.  If the “sports tier” channels were added to the cable system’s line up of channels it would be on the digital level of service platform.

Additionally, before Mid-Hudson can add any channels we need to free up channel capacity.  Currently this is being worked on and unfortunately I do not have any time frame for any new channel launches at this time.  One additional bit of information to consider is that there is a larger demand for HD channels and for the time being the available HD channels are also under consideration

Although this response does not give you a definite answer, at least you know that FuelTV is a channel of considerations.

Thank you,
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
3/4/2011 3:40pm
Give me Fuel Give me Fire Give me that which I desire!
smeg
3/4/2011 3:47pm
"The first set of motos at all twelve rounds of this summer's series will air live on Fuel TV, as well as online at www.AlliSports.com!"...............ummmmm what?????? I mean great, more live MX but WTF????????? Isn't this like " OK we are going to air live NFL football but only the first half". I don't think this is gonna draw new viewers I think it would just piss them off.

I am happy about it but can someone explain the logic.
Muezh
3/4/2011 4:01pm
DirecTV has fuel.
This is great news.

Post a reply to: Fuel TV Expands Live Programming with AMA Motocross Coverage

The Latest