From the horses mouth

machine
Edited Date/Time 3/2/2015 7:44am
Looks in good shape to me...

“Pretty s**t. All I know is that every time we went on the track we got better,” he assessed from the confines of the permanent pit garage complex afterwards. “From yesterday until now we got better all the time. We definitely have some things to work on with the bike, set-up-wise and getting the thing to work a bit better in these conditions. It is not a U.S.-spec set-up but it is really close. We’re gonna work on that.”

“If we can keep doing improvements on the track, preferably quickly, and steps in the right direction fairly soon then we will be OK,” he added. “By no means did we do good…but we salvaged some points.”

Ryan certainly is not oblivious to the ripple his MXGP transfer has caused. It reaches into the motocross community but also in motorcycle sport generally and—whether he really cares or not—he knew that this first outing would invite opinion. “I’m sure things are going crazy right now with the ‘look at this-look at that’,” he commented. “I know that is happening but bottom line is that I had the balls to come over here to race. It is not going to be easy and never once have I said it would be easy. We’ll keep working and moving forward.”
|
500guy
3/1/2015 10:39am
right on, I hope RV and the whole Team stays fired up.
JohnnyD13
3/1/2015 10:40am
The full KTM team were watching the race in the pits yesterday. They had it playing on the side of the truck. Cool to see how many people are into cause of villopotos move
3/1/2015 10:41am
I hope it's just a coincidence that the poster on the wall says "evacuation plan". Kind of ironic and funny.
500guy
3/1/2015 10:42am
I hope it's just a coincidence that the poster on the wall says "evacuation plan". Kind of ironic and funny.
I haven't called Defcon 1 yet!

The Shop

Flex
3/1/2015 10:49am
How can you say "He won't be looking back other than to see how far the competition is behind him" after he got beat by over 30 seconds both motos?

Just let the season play out..

#GoAC222!!!!!!
SoCalMX70
3/1/2015 11:02am
motosmith wrote:
He doesn't look happy.
When has he ever looked happy? Pretty much only when the championship is in the bag does he crack a smile.

RV does this because it's what he's good at and he's a competitive person, not because it brings him uncontrollable joy and happiness just to be on the starting gate.
Madc32
3/1/2015 11:10am
machine wrote:
Looks in good shape to me... [img]https://rx.iscdn.net/2015/03/93491_villopoto_mxgp_2015_r01_rx_2136cl.jpg[/img] “Pretty s**t. All I know is that every time we went on the track we got better,” he assessed...
Looks in good shape to me...

“Pretty s**t. All I know is that every time we went on the track we got better,” he assessed from the confines of the permanent pit garage complex afterwards. “From yesterday until now we got better all the time. We definitely have some things to work on with the bike, set-up-wise and getting the thing to work a bit better in these conditions. It is not a U.S.-spec set-up but it is really close. We’re gonna work on that.”

“If we can keep doing improvements on the track, preferably quickly, and steps in the right direction fairly soon then we will be OK,” he added. “By no means did we do good…but we salvaged some points.”

Ryan certainly is not oblivious to the ripple his MXGP transfer has caused. It reaches into the motocross community but also in motorcycle sport generally and—whether he really cares or not—he knew that this first outing would invite opinion. “I’m sure things are going crazy right now with the ‘look at this-look at that’,” he commented. “I know that is happening but bottom line is that I had the balls to come over here to race. It is not going to be easy and never once have I said it would be easy. We’ll keep working and moving forward.”
Yikes! How much did Monster pay to have Coke and Sprite in the picture?
downard254
3/1/2015 11:31am
Look at Tyla, "Yep, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Hey, hand me one of those granola bars."
bd
3/1/2015 11:36am
I see focus and intensity. Its going to get better folks.

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
3/1/2015 11:47am
yeah he better get his "groove" soon enough and doesnt waste the races that he was supposed to win as some sort of test.
He had enough time to prepare, he chose not to race before Quatar
People like you were making fun about some Euros that found it weird seeing RV train in Milestone and generally on tracks he has ridden his whole life on - "he knows what he's doing" lol

I was really pissed because I expected some good racing between him and others.
Hope he gets his problems sorted out before it comes to the Europe races. I wanna see the old RV when I'm at the races watching Wink
TMV
3/1/2015 11:48am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2015 11:51am
Switching to Kawi was clearly not a smart move...
kiwifan
3/1/2015 12:01pm
motosmith wrote:
He doesn't look happy.
RV sets the bar very high, and quite rightly so at his level and ability...so yeah he did not perform to his own expectations, everyone please give the guy a break
RY4N37
3/1/2015 12:17pm
If it takes him 3 or 4 races to find his groove then he could be out of it before he has the chance to get into it properly. He can't afford to drop that many points a weekend and then have to play catch up in Europe. That said the next 2 races are brand new tracks to everyone, so he should do better, because no one will have an advantage
Crush
3/1/2015 12:23pm
The tattoo on his arm says: there are no shortcuts.

I still think he'll get it done.
rcm406
3/1/2015 12:27pm
bd wrote:

I see dumbfounded! Like, WTF just happened!
mx836
3/1/2015 12:28pm
bd wrote:

rcm406 wrote:
You must have special eyes.
machine
3/1/2015 12:30pm
bd wrote:

rcm406 wrote:
mx836 wrote:
yep, eyes peering out of his ass cheeks......Laughing
rcm406
3/1/2015 12:35pm
rcm406 wrote:
mx836 wrote:
machine wrote:
yep, eyes peering out of his ass cheeks......Laughing
That doesn't even make fuckin sense!Dizzy At least come up with something somewhat remotely humorous!Pinch
machine
3/1/2015 12:38pm
rcm406 wrote:
That doesn't even make fuckin sense!Dizzy At least come up with something somewhat remotely humorous!Pinch
Yep, kind of like our lame caption in the other thread. Go back to the www.JS7cheater.com forum
DemoDick
3/1/2015 1:01pm
bd wrote:

I see 1/32 of a second caputured by camera. This could have just been his look before he cried because he did so bad or started laughing his ass off when someone reminded him how much money he is making this year.

Either way. I agree he will get it together.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
3/1/2015 1:08pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2015 1:09pm
That podcast is definitely worth a listen when it comes to rider's choices on setup. Also, your attitude towards these so called "European pricks" baffles me as you've by far been one of the worst on our side of the pond. However, the clear cut winner in that department is Zook11.
Flex
3/1/2015 1:11pm
ML512 wrote:
That podcast is definitely worth a listen when it comes to rider's choices on setup. Also, your attitude towards these so called "European pricks" baffles me...
That podcast is definitely worth a listen when it comes to rider's choices on setup. Also, your attitude towards these so called "European pricks" baffles me as you've by far been one of the worst on our side of the pond. However, the clear cut winner in that department is Zook11.
Yup. It's a tie between Outsider, Keyboardwarrior and Zook11.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
3/1/2015 1:12pm
i watched the second moto again this morning, specifically Went back and watched the race around the 18 min - 14 min make where RV was getting chased by Febvre. This was an interesting part of the race because going into that battle, RV was 12 seconds behind the leaders and started losing 1-2 seconds a lap. Febvre was following RV for a while and in many sections they ran the same line. You can see RV's bike swapping in the braking bumps and then RV missing the main line through the turns. RV seemed to be changing up his line choices looking to find the best line. It's almost like he conceded the race and was trying to learn as much as he could. I don't normally like the excuse of bike set up (legit or otherwise, because everyone is in the same boat most of the time). But in this case, I think it is very much legit. I love our sport because I honestly believe it is 80% rider and 20% bike/team. But no matter how good the 80% rider is, if the 20% bike team is that far off, there is no making up for it. Yesterday, it was a good dosage of both being off. First the bike set up wasn't good and RV started mixing up his lines trying to find something that might work better, and that ultimately hurt his lap times.

As a side note, it seemed like RV wasn't the only fast guy out there that struggled with bike set up.
G-man
3/1/2015 1:48pm
All the fools who thought RV would just trounce the competition in a cakewalk, please raise your hand.

You know who you are. Smile

Of course I want him to win as an American but I'm not foolish enough to discount the speed of the Euro's and how hard it is to win a World Championship traveling to all the different countries, borders, food, languages excetera.

It took Brad Lackey 10 long years to achieve his dream of being World Champion and I followed every race through Cycle News. Never once have I shown the disrespect that obnoxious clueless American fans have on here.

Post a reply to: From the horses mouth

The Latest