Friese carnage at Oakland

mattbmx63
Edited Date/Time 1/31/2012 10:31pm
First gets guided over a berm by seely, then knocks a tough block into middle of track while re-entering track. The block claims another rider. Can we get one race without hearing his name associated with a crash?
|
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
1/30/2012 11:02pm
A better question might be, Why are the tuff blocks so close together, that a rider had to push one onto the track to re-enter?

FIX THE TUFF BLOCKS!!
Trauma
1/30/2012 11:04pm
Bigger gap = Less advertising space.
1/31/2012 12:15am
Dont be a dickhead trying to belong to a website that doesnt matter by talking shit about a rider who you think will help you make a name for your new fucking handle.

Friese is fast and races hard. What the fuck else would you want from him?
IceMan446
1/31/2012 12:21am
I dont know what else you would want him to do. Yeah he could have rode around the the tower to the start but he might have been worried about gettting docked.

Someone should have seen him do that and moved the tough block back before Marmont came by.

The Shop

1/31/2012 12:26am
IceMan446 wrote:
I dont know what else you would want him to do. Yeah he could have rode around the the tower to the start but he might...
I dont know what else you would want him to do. Yeah he could have rode around the the tower to the start but he might have been worried about gettting docked.

Someone should have seen him do that and moved the tough block back before Marmont came by.
Friese paid his entrant fee,

too bad douchebags pocketed and gave nothing back so you got idiots paid in t shirts fore track workers
IceMan446
1/31/2012 12:42am
IceMan446 wrote:
I dont know what else you would want him to do. Yeah he could have rode around the the tower to the start but he might...

too bad douchebags pocketed and gave nothing back so you got idiots paid in t shirts fore track workers
They have to monitor that stuff more closely. I mean if that would have been in front of a triple or on the landing it could have been more ugly then what it was

Friese just did what was right and that sucks for Marmont.

You can stake every tough block down and I don't know what the proper solution would be to all of this. They did have straps to keep the covers on so maybe they will get this sorted out as well.
TDeath21
1/31/2012 12:48am
I was impressed that Friese entered back onto the track where he did. Most riders just blast down the side of the track then enter when that section ends (Villopoto in the Phoenix heat race). He entered how you always should have to. He did it the right way, and lost a lot of time in the process because of it.
Phillips467
1/31/2012 1:41am
It seems wherever Friese is, there will be carnage, whether its because of Friese or because he always finds himself in it...
ns503
1/31/2012 3:49am
IceMan446 wrote:

IceMan446 wrote:
They have to monitor that stuff more closely. I mean if that would have been in front of a triple or on the landing it could...
They have to monitor that stuff more closely. I mean if that would have been in front of a triple or on the landing it could have been more ugly then what it was

Friese just did what was right and that sucks for Marmont.

You can stake every tough block down and I don't know what the proper solution would be to all of this. They did have straps to keep the covers on so maybe they will get this sorted out as well.
Might be able to ride right over triangular ones.
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3801st
1/31/2012 5:25am
Dont be a dickhead trying to belong to a website that doesnt matter by talking shit about a rider who you think will help you make...
Dont be a dickhead trying to belong to a website that doesnt matter by talking shit about a rider who you think will help you make a name for your new fucking handle.

Friese is fast and races hard. What the fuck else would you want from him?
Well, they do call you knowitalloveragainnoive for a reason.
mattbmx63
1/31/2012 5:36am
Just weird how carnage is always around him.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
1/31/2012 5:53am
mattbmx63 wrote:
Just weird how carnage is always around him.
Not really weird. Friese puts up a fight no matter who is around him or what position it is for. He will slam you, cut down under every corner like he's going to t-bone you, t-bone you, brake check you, it doesn't matter. He will race you hard and rub elbows if he has to.

I can respect that as a fan, and I won't lie; I look for him on the track to watch because I know the action is always going to be good.

As another rider, I'd hate him. But most riders hate their competitors anyways. If they have a problem with it they need to do what Seely did and move him out of the way and then run like hell.

The one thing I don't like is his cross-jumping. As a fan or a rider, doesn't matter. No place for that.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
1/31/2012 5:53am
And one quick side note. I don't hear us talking too much weekly about other riders outside the top 10 in the Lites class. He's doing something right.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
1/31/2012 6:23am
Friese has really gained my respect this year because the guy obviously has the speed to make mains. I don't care if he bought a ride or sold his body to race - he belongs out there and he is doing a great job.

He also did nothing wrong in the tuff block situation. Just an unfortunate event because there was no where to get back on the freaking track.
motofab36
1/31/2012 6:32am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2012 6:32am
If it was Tomac, Seely, Villo, Dungey, etc this would not even be a topic. It's unortunate that the block got knocked onto the track but I could swear I've seen RV and others just try to wheelie over them in a big rush to get going before, same thing could have happened.
mrquick
1/31/2012 6:35am
mattbmx63 wrote:
First gets guided over a berm by seely, then knocks a tough block into middle of track while re-entering track. The block claims another rider. Can...
First gets guided over a berm by seely, then knocks a tough block into middle of track while re-entering track. The block claims another rider. Can we get one race without hearing his name associated with a crash?
Can we get one day without hearing you clueless people complain about Friese?
motofab36
1/31/2012 6:40am
LOL some of these guys act like he stuck his foot out and intentionally kicked the block into the track. He's a crafty fella, I wouldn't have thought of that. lol
TerryK
1/31/2012 6:44am
Seriously? The dude was racing and needed to get back on the track. He did it safely but it had to be through the tuff blocks. What choice did he have? And if you look at the vid again, you'll see that a track worker was running towards the tuff block just as Marmont got to it. There can only be so many workers on the track. They need to leave a gap between the blocks to reduce the chance of this happening.
ns503
1/31/2012 9:24am
TerryK wrote:
Seriously? The dude was racing and needed to get back on the track. He did it safely but it had to be through the tuff blocks...
Seriously? The dude was racing and needed to get back on the track. He did it safely but it had to be through the tuff blocks. What choice did he have? And if you look at the vid again, you'll see that a track worker was running towards the tuff block just as Marmont got to it. There can only be so many workers on the track. They need to leave a gap between the blocks to reduce the chance of this happening.
Might be able to ride right over triangular ones.

(Ya, I know, broken record - but I have a point, dammit...)
Sherwood
1/31/2012 9:33am
Friese did nothing wrong in this instance, but when people like Weimer say things like the only rider I've ever straight taken out is Friese then something's wrong.
1/31/2012 9:34am
Not really weird. Friese puts up a fight no matter who is around him or what position it is for. He will slam you, cut down...
Not really weird. Friese puts up a fight no matter who is around him or what position it is for. He will slam you, cut down under every corner like he's going to t-bone you, t-bone you, brake check you, it doesn't matter. He will race you hard and rub elbows if he has to.

I can respect that as a fan, and I won't lie; I look for him on the track to watch because I know the action is always going to be good.

As another rider, I'd hate him. But most riders hate their competitors anyways. If they have a problem with it they need to do what Seely did and move him out of the way and then run like hell.

The one thing I don't like is his cross-jumping. As a fan or a rider, doesn't matter. No place for that.
Well put, I agree.
bangmyhead
1/31/2012 8:33pm
freezy holdin' it down once again!
1/31/2012 10:31pm
Sherwood wrote:
Friese did nothing wrong in this instance, but when people like Weimer say things like the only rider I've ever straight taken out is Friese then...
Friese did nothing wrong in this instance, but when people like Weimer say things like the only rider I've ever straight taken out is Friese then something's wrong.
Weimer wrecked a rental car before jlaw...and who took the heat?

Now weimer is the guy who decides who's the good guy's?

And weimer was great last week on dmxs....love that kid.

Wish he didnt break that arm.....i knew he was prime at that time......for sure speed wise.

Post a reply to: Friese carnage at Oakland

The Latest