Freestyle vs Motocross/Supercross

FIREfish148
10/30/2009 12:05am
Racing is better. period. However i can see how a frustrated "middle class" kid like myself could turn to freestyle or distance jumping after trying to compete w/ a bunch of really privileged kids.
motocross377
10/30/2009 12:07am
Racing is better. period. However i can see how a frustrated "middle class" kid like myself could turn to freestyle or distance jumping after trying to...
Racing is better. period. However i can see how a frustrated "middle class" kid like myself could turn to freestyle or distance jumping after trying to compete w/ a bunch of really privileged kids.
yeah man go big, those kids have everything, just hit big ramps and have fun!
motocross377
10/30/2009 12:08am
fencepost wrote:
I say no thanks. Will not happen.
well good thing no one cares what you have to say in the freestyle industry

The Shop

nytsmaC
10/30/2009 12:13am
well good thing no one cares what you have to say in society. Since when does freestyle even have an industry?
motocross377
10/30/2009 12:16am
nytsmaC wrote:
well good thing no one cares what you have to say in society. Since when does freestyle even have an industry?
what are you doing in canada, eh?
Cygnus
10/30/2009 7:19am
Vital MX is really in the shitter and it's not because of the off season. I predict it only gets worse when the SX season starts.
txmxer
10/30/2009 8:13am
fencepost wrote:
I say no thanks. Will not happen.
well good thing no one cares what you have to say in the freestyle industry
no one cares what anyone thinks here.

But, freestyle is not a "way of life" for kids. It's a fad. It won't go away, but, with the economy getting tight, you won't see rich little shits getting bikes from Mommy and Daddy to go out and huck some jump...which is about the most boring thing you can do on a bike after hit is a couple of times.

And when amateurs end up in hospitals, there will be a reaction. The fad will end.
wacker
10/30/2009 8:16am
I ride freestyle for a living and I'd still have to say that MX/SX kick its ass. Hell, even I like them more then FMX. haha.
SMITH201
10/30/2009 8:25am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 6:41pm
pitbike502 wrote:
[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefjV..pKeNcArEejzbkF/SIG=12aldrj52/EXP=1257000277/**http%3A//www.renegaderacing.com/store/media/Lbzracej.jpg[/img]
LBZ! Are they still around? I liked some of thier stuff. Back in the day a buddy of mine had some sweet black and gold EK stars gear Smile

motocross377
10/30/2009 9:12am
pitbike502 wrote:
[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefjV..pKeNcArEejzbkF/SIG=12aldrj52/EXP=1257000277/**http%3A//www.renegaderacing.com/store/media/Lbzracej.jpg[/img]
i wish they still mad this, ide rock it!
Devil1nNj
10/30/2009 9:29am
Fmx will slowly go the way of the buffalo just like in-line skating...
lol jk.

My only prob with it is the same prob I have with snowboard comps, and a lot of the x games events. The "wow" factor just really isnt there for me, anymore. I feel like I've seen it all. It all was "wow" when the impossible was made possible. What's really left?
A triple back flip, YAWN!

Hittin N in the air and landing a jump switch? Now that I'd like to see! Smile
Chris_ONeal
10/30/2009 9:57am
I used to a lot of FMX years ago.

Racing by far is better. FMX is boring to me now unless its live or the best whip at x games!

Everyone is doing the same flip tricks over and over again. I used to go to all the IFMA events all the time but now its ramp to ramp and the same thing every time.

I'll only be attending races this year just like last year and the year before.
BUTCH
10/30/2009 11:35am
I respect anyone who makes a living riding a motorcycle! FMX guys do some amazing things on a bike! That said I'm all about racing!
Icon 1
10/30/2009 11:56am
wacker wrote:
I ride freestyle for a living and I'd still have to say that MX/SX kick its ass. Hell, even I like them more then FMX. haha.
Wacker if thats even ur real name.... So that's ur boy Chuck Carothers and former roommate 2nd to the right in the sweet LBZ photo? where were you? Is that you next to him with the unzipped jacket? Your hair was longer then.

Truthfully I kinda expected FMX to get more abuse than this from a Vital forum that is so predominantly SX/MX.

They all take extraordinary skill. At the level FMX is at these days the spode hucking it jokes do not apply. Like everything there's lots of room for improvement. The stuff set to come out in FMX over the next year will be so far beyond comprehension even the video games are going to be playing catch up.

That being said I cant wait for A1

seven11
10/30/2009 12:19pm
Not really into the whole FMX scene. I will say it is a blast hitting the ramps/ jumps that these guys do. Especially hitting a ramp for the first time. You get that sick/nervous feeling in your guy like right before a moto or right before you hit a big jump for the first time. I love that feeling.
txmxer
10/30/2009 1:43pm
wacker wrote:
Icon 1 wrote:
Wacker if thats even ur real name.... So that's ur boy Chuck Carothers and former roommate 2nd to the right in the sweet LBZ photo? where...
Wacker if thats even ur real name.... So that's ur boy Chuck Carothers and former roommate 2nd to the right in the sweet LBZ photo? where were you? Is that you next to him with the unzipped jacket? Your hair was longer then.

Truthfully I kinda expected FMX to get more abuse than this from a Vital forum that is so predominantly SX/MX.

They all take extraordinary skill. At the level FMX is at these days the spode hucking it jokes do not apply. Like everything there's lots of room for improvement. The stuff set to come out in FMX over the next year will be so far beyond comprehension even the video games are going to be playing catch up.

That being said I cant wait for A1

professional FMX is a whole different story than the "lifestyle" stuff. It does take a ton of skill and huge balls to do a lot of things guys are doing today. Still, the bulk of what we see in competitions is repetition. Things have gotten so tricky that anyone that pushes the envelope beyond the tried and true ends up pretty seriously hurt before too long.

But, the lifestyle part is still a fad.
TeamGreen
10/30/2009 4:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 6:42pm
Did someone use the word "Industry" in the same sentence as "Freestyle"?

The Metal Mullisha is a Ten Year old Entity that's making MILLIONS.

And then there's Hart & Huntington.

On a "per-capita" basis: Freestyle gets more promotional/advertising dollars (Thank you, X-Games!)

How many bikes & $ did the beloved KTM give to a certain group of Free-Stylers?

I think we covered the "Industry" statement.

This place is full of Hate-&-Ignorance...isn't the web wonderful?

Post a reply to: Freestyle vs Motocross/Supercross

The Latest