Four bikes stolen in Maryland

Edited Date/Time 8/30/2012 8:59pm
My buddy in Maryland was going to a race this morning to find four bikes gone. Might have been spray painted white. If you see anything around the Maryland area please let me know: jason_leeford@hotmail.com.

KTM 450SXF 2011 ,Honda Crf450 2008, and 2 Honda 50's. $ 500.00 reward
|
es337
8/26/2012 10:49am
might want to check the bmore craigslist before the wheelie boyz get them
mxb2
8/26/2012 11:37am
My buddy in Maryland was going to a race this morning to find four bikes gone. Might have been spray painted white. If you see anything...
My buddy in Maryland was going to a race this morning to find four bikes gone. Might have been spray painted white. If you see anything around the Maryland area please let me know: jason_leeford@hotmail.com.

File a police report, get the report number from the officer for the insurance company Get the paperwork process started. Sucks but the insurance should cover most or all of the theft.
8/26/2012 11:47am
My buddy in Maryland was going to a race this morning to find four bikes gone. Might have been spray painted white. If you see anything...

mxb2 wrote:
File a police report, get the report number from the officer for the insurance company Get the paperwork process started. Sucks but the insurance should cover...
File a police report, get the report number from the officer for the insurance company Get the paperwork process started. Sucks but the insurance should cover most or all of the theft.
He runs his own company so he probably can deal with the insurance aspect, thanks.

Pretty much sucks to be going to a race at 5 am and find all your bikes jacked!

The Shop

mxb2
8/26/2012 11:50am

mxb2 wrote:
File a police report, get the report number from the officer for the insurance company Get the paperwork process started. Sucks but the insurance should cover...
He runs his own company so he probably can deal with the insurance aspect, thanks. Pretty much sucks to be going to a race at 5...
He runs his own company so he probably can deal with the insurance aspect, thanks.

Yea for sure man, i was not making light of the situation. Figured may as well get the process started to avoid any delays and possibly get the bikes back asap. Were they in a trailer? pickup? locked up?
chrisbuehler
8/26/2012 12:28pm
He runs his own company so he probably can deal with the insurance aspect, thanks. Pretty much sucks to be going to a race at 5...

No doubt, four fucking bikes gone!! I would rather catch them before the cops do so I could kick their teeth in. Hope everything works out for your buddy. I'd like to use this as an opportunity to tell all the members here, if you aren't already, make sure your stuff is locked down tight. Crime is up everywhere and a bike is pretty attractive to a scumbag thief.
Rmzmoto
8/26/2012 2:08pm

mxb2 wrote:
Insurance company will not pay a dollar..friend had 2 brand new bikes stolen a few months ago out of his garage....he's still paying them off
mxb2
8/26/2012 2:23pm

mxb2 wrote:
Rmzmoto wrote:
Insurance company will not pay a dollar..friend had 2 brand new bikes stolen a few months ago out of his garage....he's still paying them off
depends on what insurance he had, homeowners and renters insurance will not work.you have to have separate coverage. check w geico or proggressive. what type of coverage did he have?
tmauto769
Fantasy
1001st
8/26/2012 2:32pm
Buddy of mine had a quad stolen out of his garage, and his homeowners covered it. They did say if it had been a seperate building from the house it wouldn't be covered. That prompted me to get my bike covered, as it is in a seperate building from my house. Now I don't have to freak out anymore when it is in the enclosed trailer in a motel parking lot.
mxb2
8/26/2012 2:51pm
lumpy790 wrote:
where in MD?
Prolly PG lol.
8/26/2012 2:56pm
He lives in West Friendship. ?

He thinks they were painted because there was some white overspray on his truck, is what he said. I think they were taken from his garage or shed.
chrisbuehler
8/26/2012 3:33pm
tmauto769 wrote:
Buddy of mine had a quad stolen out of his garage, and his homeowners covered it. They did say if it had been a seperate building...
Buddy of mine had a quad stolen out of his garage, and his homeowners covered it. They did say if it had been a seperate building from the house it wouldn't be covered. That prompted me to get my bike covered, as it is in a seperate building from my house. Now I don't have to freak out anymore when it is in the enclosed trailer in a motel parking lot.
Yup, my 2009 CRF450 was stolen from my shed out back so the homeowner's insurance wouldn't cover it.
mxb2
8/26/2012 3:41pm
check your policies before making payments, whats covered , whats not., No sense in sending money if the policy does not cover the bike,, therefor you need a separate mc policy.
mx317
8/26/2012 6:57pm
I insure mine with Progressive.
mxb2
8/26/2012 6:58pm
mx317 wrote:
I insure mine with Progressive.
x2
newmann
8/26/2012 7:17pm
The majority of homeowners policies do not cover dirt bikes. They have to be separate policies for each bike. I do believe Cam P posted up a page from his Farmers Ins. homeowners policy which stated that they cover such items under contents. Confusing stuff and a shitload of "gray area". Some may cover if stolen from your garage but not if stolen out of your truck in a hotel parking lot.
lumpy790
8/26/2012 8:13pm
Think thats Howard Co (?) ....my brother in law lives just toward Columbia off 32 from there

I will spread the word to the people I know in the area.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
8/26/2012 10:00pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2012 10:01pm
There was a story on FOX last week where the police raided a storage locker that they traced to a group of "wheelie Boys" in Baltimore and of the 12 bikes in it 6 were stolen and 4 more had the VIN numbers ground off so 10 of the 12 were stolen bikes . So much for the guys who were saying that most of these guys might have bought their bikes, I could tell by looking at them that most didnt have jobs. Wink
8/26/2012 10:45pm
They painted them before they took them? That takes some balls to hang around like that
tmauto769
Fantasy
1001st
8/27/2012 3:29am
They painted them before they took them? That takes some balls to hang around like that
I am thinking they painted the number plates white to hide the numbers until they got somewhere with them.
Rob_Miller
8/27/2012 8:09am
tmauto769 wrote:
I am thinking they painted the number plates white to hide the numbers until they got somewhere with them.
^This.

That sucks man. I'm always worried about my bikes in my garage. I even have a baby monitor out there. Your best defense is doing your best to make sure nobody in the neighborhood knows you have them. And this..

lumpy790
8/27/2012 8:17am
More than likley they were taken by someone local ......not in Bmore yet.
lumpy790
8/27/2012 8:20am
homeowners ins will not cover a recreation vehicle ..... but it will cove ALL of the gear that was stolen along with the bikes.... wink wink
WTF?
8/27/2012 8:24am
tmauto769 wrote:
Buddy of mine had a quad stolen out of his garage, and his homeowners covered it. They did say if it had been a seperate building...
A quad in a garage would only be covered if it was a utility vehicle used to help maintain the property (never say the word 'recreational' to the claims adjuster).
dehner47
8/27/2012 9:29am
each state varies on what the insurance company will cover. so what is covered in TN, TX, AL (for example) may not be covered in DE, MD, or NJ.

cause my truck insurance will cover my bike, gear and trailer, as long as its hooked to my truck at the time of incedent. motel parking lots, driving, race tracks.. any where as long as hooked to my insured vehicle.

as my home owners also covers my garage that is seperate from the house. as i have read in this thread, some states requires garage to be connected to actual house.

so everyone should check their policies and see what or what is not covered.
mellonhs
8/27/2012 9:34am
Just check the next episode of Wildout Wheelie Boys. He will find them then.
dehner47
8/27/2012 9:46am
and it takes some real balls (a real theif not some neighbor kid) to hang out and rattle can a bike before pushing them down street or into a truck. and did it 4 seperate times to 4 seperate bikes. that dont sound like a local kid to me. locals would be in and out, not wanting to be seen, since you would recognize your neighbors. and local kid woulda pushed it home n sprayed it at home. where he is safe. if they sprayed the bikes before they left the yard, means they had a lil driving to do and didnt want the bikes to be recognized by cops or anyone else as they drive on open roads to their drop off point/destination.

just my opinion
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2768th
8/27/2012 10:00am
mellonhs wrote:
Just check the next episode of Wildout Wheelie Boys. He will find them then.
No doubt. From now on those bikes will only be rode on the back wheel.

Post a reply to: Four bikes stolen in Maryland

The Latest