Forget USA vs the rest of the world...

It's now France vs the rest of the world! Although no French guys won any major championships this year they have proven they have the best overall nation of riders. Even without their strongest team they still won easily and probably could send 3 different guys and still win it.

USA have the best chance of beating them next year but will have to send 3 of their very best if they want to win on home soil, here's hoping Tomac doesn't pass up the opportunity and we can have an epic race!
|
10/1/2017 11:19am
Exactly. I think many Americans start to get how the rest of the world felt when USA won a million times in a row, and why everyone was so happy to see them finally lose. I was one of those who cheered when they lost, but I'm cheering for them to win at home next year.
Motofinne
10/1/2017 11:23am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 12:19pm
Yeah, France is like USA was from 2005-2011.

The depth of riders is far superior of the other nations(USA & France, 2 nations with a long list of good riders), they always raise their level when the gate drops, they avoid problems when the other teams keep crashing and having bike problems. And they have luck on their side.

Very impressive, but it's time for someone else to win in 2018 Smile
10/1/2017 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 12:15pm
I think if USA sends our best riders we should win. We “probably” would have won last year if ando doesn’t die. IMO a healthy Tomac, Bagget, and ZO win 100%. We could’ve won the past view years and we didn’t even send our best guys.
10/1/2017 12:21pm
I think if USA sends our best riders we should win. We “probably” would have won last year if ando doesn’t die. IMO a healthy Tomac...
I think if USA sends our best riders we should win. We “probably” would have won last year if ando doesn’t die. IMO a healthy Tomac, Bagget, and ZO win 100%. We could’ve won the past view years and we didn’t even send our best guys.
That team would not have won in the mud.

The Shop

brewrabb
10/1/2017 12:27pm
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah, France is like USA was from 2005-2011. The depth of riders is far superior of the other nations(USA & France, 2 nations with a long...

The depth of riders is far superior of the other nations(USA & France, 2 nations with a long list of good riders), they always raise their level when the gate drops, they avoid problems when the other teams keep crashing and having bike problems. And they have luck on their side.

I don't know about that statement. There are a lot of good riders out with injuries or just not choosing to participate. Kroc, Et3, Anderson, Baggett and more from other nations. Frances 3rd rider was impressive being a winner of MXDN and ISDE in the same year but I cannot help but think the ugly conditions played a part. A great ride by Anstie on his home track, a great ride by the rookie Lawrence, Herlings was strong as always and the French had great motos in all 3 races. Next year Red Bud and I think you'll see a better, very inspired American team.
ando
10/1/2017 12:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 12:39pm
Sorry wrong thread.
10/1/2017 12:38pm
I think if USA sends our best riders we should win. We “probably” would have won last year if ando doesn’t die. IMO a healthy Tomac...
Never know. But I feel like anywhere else it would be ours to lose...besides maybe some crazy Europe sand that we don’t have in the US.
Sideways
10/1/2017 12:40pm
You sure? If France send Febvre, Musquin and Ferrandis?
LungButter
10/1/2017 12:44pm
Is Charlier the first guy to win ISDE and MXdN team titles in the same year?

That's one hell of an accomplishment!
10/1/2017 12:51pm
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah, France is like USA was from 2005-2011. The depth of riders is far superior of the other nations(USA & France, 2 nations with a long...

Sad to see people turn down to race for the country " tomac" .. .
10/1/2017 12:52pm
Sideways wrote:
Yeah I personally think Tomac has them all covered. Weve see what bagget can do. And Osborne showed us today what he can do.
Motofinne
10/1/2017 12:58pm
LungButter wrote:

Everts did it in 2003.
Ray_MXS
10/1/2017 1:06pm
Next years Team France could be Musquin,Ferrandis and Febvre ...
I highly doubt they wouldn't pick Paulin after all he's done for the French team.
MW19
10/1/2017 1:28pm
Yep, I agree. France is the best right now. Next year I can see america winning the MXoN since its on home turf. Anywhere else though I think France got us beat.
RG1
10/1/2017 1:35pm
Sideways wrote:
Yeah I personally think Tomac has them all covered. Weve see what bagget can do. And Osborne showed us today what he can do.
It doesn't matter if one of your riders has all 3 of France's riders covered. Anstie had all 3 of them covered today but we were nowhere near beating them overall. They are just a machine, they give you absolutely no margin for mistake and they just put in solid ride after solid ride. You might beat them individually, but as a team they're just so good
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/1/2017 1:42pm
LungButter wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
Everts did it in 2003.
Different scenario, Everts won his class outright at the 2003 ISDE but Belgium didn't win the event as a team, they placed like 10th I think?

Christopher Charlie was a part of the French winning ISDE team and winning MXdN winning team in the same year. So cool little piece of history for him.
10/1/2017 1:49pm
Never know. But I feel like anywhere else it would be ours to lose...besides maybe some crazy Europe sand that we don’t have in the US.
Every track the USA have lost on is not made of 'crazy euro' sand Laughing

Grow up just a little bit, accept the fact that they got beat and had some bad luck but even without the failures of the Honda they were still beat, it's a race and there are no what ifs, or if that or if this after the fact, flag dropped and best team won, followed by #2 team and #3 team etc etc.

Talk it up until redbud all you like but it doesn't change what happened, predict a result to your hearts content but it's moto and there are NO certainties.

Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
10/1/2017 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 7:43am
Exactly. I think many Americans start to get how the rest of the world felt when USA won a million times in a row, and why...
Exactly. I think many Americans start to get how the rest of the world felt when USA won a million times in a row, and why everyone was so happy to see them finally lose. I was one of those who cheered when they lost, but I'm cheering for them to win at home next year.
Yuck, we don't like you cause you win. America does not need your sympathy. You root against us 6 years ago and now you want USA to win. So if America wins you will cheer but if they win a few in a row we want you to lose. I have zero problems with France winning as an American. They were snake bit at this event for years and the fact that they didn't win more in the 90s early 2000s is nuts. Don't root for USA they don't need it.
10/1/2017 3:29pm
ML512 wrote:
Different scenario, Everts won his class outright at the 2003 ISDE but Belgium didn't win the event as a team, they placed like 10th I think...
Different scenario, Everts won his class outright at the 2003 ISDE but Belgium didn't win the event as a team, they placed like 10th I think?

Christopher Charlie was a part of the French winning ISDE team and winning MXdN winning team in the same year. So cool little piece of history for him.
Even more amazing if you consider he was a substitute on both teams!
FlaNard
10/1/2017 3:31pm
I was thinking the same thing while mowing the lawn today. France has been putting it to everyone for a few years now and did it today with probably their third or fourth best possible team. It's France vs the world until someone can dethrone them. They are and have clearly been the best team in the world.
TDeath21
10/1/2017 4:02pm
How many times in their winning streak has France been able to send their top team? Definitely 2015. But the others did they have that opportunity?

I know the US hasn't sent their best team since 2011. The same can be said for many nations.
10/1/2017 4:05pm
Every track the USA have lost on is not made of 'crazy euro' sand :laugh: Grow up just a little bit, accept the fact that they...
Every track the USA have lost on is not made of 'crazy euro' sand Laughing

Grow up just a little bit, accept the fact that they got beat and had some bad luck but even without the failures of the Honda they were still beat, it's a race and there are no what ifs, or if that or if this after the fact, flag dropped and best team won, followed by #2 team and #3 team etc etc.

Talk it up until redbud all you like but it doesn't change what happened, predict a result to your hearts content but it's moto and there are NO certainties.

No I know we got beat..I was just saying in my personal opinion if we had Tomac, BB/Ando, and ZO we could win..no reason we would lose IMO.
philG
10/1/2017 4:26pm
No I know we got beat..I was just saying in my personal opinion if we had Tomac, BB/Ando, and ZO we could win..no reason we would...
No I know we got beat..I was just saying in my personal opinion if we had Tomac, BB/Ando, and ZO we could win..no reason we would lose IMO.
Shame they didnt come.. Baggett hasnt done a Nations and not got lapped in both races.
10/1/2017 4:34pm
philG wrote:
Shame they didnt come.. Baggett hasnt done a Nations and not got lapped in both races.
Shouldn't you be off to the clinic? A hard-on isn't supposed to last this long.
pilotdude
10/1/2017 4:40pm
FlaNard wrote:
I was thinking the same thing while mowing the lawn today. France has been putting it to everyone for a few years now and did it...
I was thinking the same thing while mowing the lawn today. France has been putting it to everyone for a few years now and did it today with probably their third or fourth best possible team. It's France vs the world until someone can dethrone them. They are and have clearly been the best team in the world.
It took someone landing on Jason Anderson's head last year to make them "the best team in the world."
10/1/2017 4:48pm
I hate to lose not putting our best riders out there. That is what is frustrating.
It's kind of like the olympics before we sent our pros. Once we did, it was clear who had the best prepared athletes.
Who runs this team?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/1/2017 5:29pm
I hate to lose not putting our best riders out there. That is what is frustrating. It's kind of like the olympics before we sent our...
I hate to lose not putting our best riders out there. That is what is frustrating.
It's kind of like the olympics before we sent our pros. Once we did, it was clear who had the best prepared athletes.
Who runs this team?
Roger Decoster runs it, same dude who's
ran it 90% of the time we've gone.
tommyjif
10/1/2017 5:37pm
Guys, last year you got a pretty bad luck. But the french team has showed confidence and dominance in the last years. And if you use hypothetical teams insert mousquin in the French one for this year.
dkg
10/1/2017 5:45pm
Exactly. I think many Americans start to get how the rest of the world felt when USA won a million times in a row, and why...
Fair enough. Amazing how much parity existed between the countries at this year’s mxdn.

Post a reply to: Forget USA vs the rest of the world...

The Latest