Ford dealer trying to tempt me!

PJRAUS
They are Honda dealers too. Nice to see a new crf 450 though. I will have a bike again someday but racing is dead here now, just a child minding service , so there ain't much point having a new bike if you don't race.
Anyway, shiny new ute with a shiny new bike in the back sure is an attention getter!

|
g0rd057
1/26/2017 5:14pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2017 5:15pm
I'm so envious of you guys able to get new Ford Rangers down there in OZ.
They're not available in the US...... yet.
blusmbl
1/26/2017 6:12pm
That's awesome! I love those Rangers, I've driven a few of the diesels.
Bearuno
1/26/2017 7:56pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2017 8:01pm
Well, at least you had something of interest to look at in the car showroom.

I recently went through the hell of shopping with my old Mum, getting her first new car at the age of 78. An endless parade of those small SUVs ( easy for her to get in and out of) , and slimy sales people. The old dear / battle-axe got a new toy from it all, but geeze cars are crap that cost far too much.

It was entertaining to see her playing the 'Little Old Lady' with the sales people, then click into the hard business woman she really is. I think a few of the sales people, didn't know just what hit them!

The Shop

PJRAUS
1/27/2017 1:16am
Bearuno wrote:
Well, at least you had something of interest to look at in the car showroom. I recently went through the [i]hell[/i] of shopping with my old...
Well, at least you had something of interest to look at in the car showroom.

I recently went through the hell of shopping with my old Mum, getting her first new car at the age of 78. An endless parade of those small SUVs ( easy for her to get in and out of) , and slimy sales people. The old dear / battle-axe got a new toy from it all, but geeze cars are crap that cost far too much.

It was entertaining to see her playing the 'Little Old Lady' with the sales people, then click into the hard business woman she really is. I think a few of the sales people, didn't know just what hit them!
Yes I bet it was tedious, nothing at all exciting about mundane little vehicles, been through that once with my missus
PJRAUS
1/27/2017 1:22am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2017 1:25am
Ha ha! Just had a close look at the photo and my wonky right leg in those shorts...multiple supercross victim.
I don't remember any of my friends in the racing crowd escaping without broken bones back when we all raced sx in the 80's and 90's. Nobody knew how to valve and setup suspension for sx , not that you could buy valving shims anyway...
Supercross on stock suspension....recipe for disaster....lessons learned.
In any case I have enough experience to understand what ken Rocsen is going through at the moment...
1/27/2017 1:37am
PJRAUS wrote:
They are Honda dealers too. Nice to see a new crf 450 though. I will have a bike again someday but racing is dead here now...
They are Honda dealers too. Nice to see a new crf 450 though. I will have a bike again someday but racing is dead here now, just a child minding service , so there ain't much point having a new bike if you don't race.
Anyway, shiny new ute with a shiny new bike in the back sure is an attention getter!

"N o point in having a new bike if you dont race"codswollop!
PJRAUS
1/27/2017 1:46am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2017 1:47am
"N o point in having a new bike if you dont race"codswollop!
I haven't heard the term " codswollop " in years. ( didn't auto spell shit itself trying to correct that ! ) you must be older than I am!
Nah...just got nowhere to ride....only interested in riding on proper mx tracks, not interested in bush riding. Not interested in waiting for the monthly practice days at the nearest tracks , one of which is little more than a bmx track and forking out $$$$$ for the MA related bullshit so that I can sit there all day and maybe get 12 laps total .... I suppose I could always watch the juniors...that would be worth the money..

Mind you...that red Honda would make a very sweet coffe table bike!
Bearuno
1/27/2017 2:24am
PJRAUS wrote:
Ha ha! Just had a close look at the photo and my wonky right leg in those shorts...multiple supercross victim. I don't remember any of my...
Ha ha! Just had a close look at the photo and my wonky right leg in those shorts...multiple supercross victim.
I don't remember any of my friends in the racing crowd escaping without broken bones back when we all raced sx in the 80's and 90's. Nobody knew how to valve and setup suspension for sx , not that you could buy valving shims anyway...
Supercross on stock suspension....recipe for disaster....lessons learned.
In any case I have enough experience to understand what ken Rocsen is going through at the moment...
I'd say there's not many of us here that don't have substantial (visible) damage to our bodies.

I stand and put my knees together, and my feet are about a foot apart, I've so much wear / valgus in my knees. A mate of mine who I hadn't seen for a while, said he felt his stomach turn over as I walked towards him, on a stick, with my bent legs. The wonkey legs must have been behind his nausea, as I'm a bloody fine looking bloke, other than that - you PJRAUS, on the other hand, are one weird looking critter.............. Woohoo
Fraser
1/27/2017 3:13am
Rangers are the biggest Ford truck you can get in the UK. Mine thinks its a Raptor..

PJRAUS
1/27/2017 3:44am
Bearuno wrote:
I'd say there's not many of us here that don't have substantial (visible) damage to our bodies. I stand and put my knees together, and my...
I'd say there's not many of us here that don't have substantial (visible) damage to our bodies.

I stand and put my knees together, and my feet are about a foot apart, I've so much wear / valgus in my knees. A mate of mine who I hadn't seen for a while, said he felt his stomach turn over as I walked towards him, on a stick, with my bent legs. The wonkey legs must have been behind his nausea, as I'm a bloody fine looking bloke, other than that - you PJRAUS, on the other hand, are one weird looking critter.............. Woohoo
Can't argue with how I look , can only agree! My right foot points out about 40 degrees when my knees are both together. Snapped my leg 3 inches above my ankle when I did a big front wheel endo over a big double in 1988. When they plated it back on...that's the way it pointed. Then I smashed both ankles and my heels and all the bones and toes in my right foot, and a couple of vertebrae in my back in 1995. Had a bog / zap situation on the up face of a quad jump section , bike initially bogged then broke traction then suddenly gripped as I was trying to clear the section . Bike went way front wheel high, too high to save so I bailed and landed feet first at the base of another jump.. Hurt a bit that one. Wasn't allowed to put a foot on the ground for 3 months. Very nearly lost my house and everything over that one..
A face plant like Rocksen did would be scarier though
ehr400
1/27/2017 4:37am
g0rd057 wrote:
I'm so envious of you guys able to get new Ford Rangers down there in OZ.
They're not available in the US...... yet.
It will be here at the end of 2018 as a 2019 model...
JMX82
1/27/2017 5:36am
Does two bikes fit in the bed of four door version of the Ranger or do you have to get two door version? I have been dreaming about getting one someday
Bramlett321
1/27/2017 6:35am
PJRAUS wrote:
They are Honda dealers too. Nice to see a new crf 450 though. I will have a bike again someday but racing is dead here now...

That's a Ford ?? Man I wish we had the ability to get those new small trucks with diesels. I'd buy one in a second.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
1/27/2017 6:40am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2017 6:42am
how much for the shorts?Silly
you would think more cross promotions between truck and bike dealers.
ehr400
1/27/2017 6:46am
PJRAUS wrote:

That's a Ford ?? Man I wish we had the ability to get those new small trucks with diesels. I'd buy one in a second.
They are working on getting the small diesel for NA market. Problem is VW and Fiat have left shit stains a mile long in the EPA's eyes so now there are even more hoops to jump thru for manufacturers.

Sounds like a 2.7 ecoboost is one engine and the 2.3 4Cyl ecoboost from the mustang will be the other. Similar if not the same engine choices will be available for the Bronco as well.
Fraser
1/27/2017 6:48am
JMX82 wrote:
Does two bikes fit in the bed of four door version of the Ranger or do you have to get two door version? I have been...
Does two bikes fit in the bed of four door version of the Ranger or do you have to get two door version? I have been dreaming about getting one someday
Just about with the tailgate down and a bed extender. Front wheel turned into the corner.
Fraser
1/27/2017 6:50am
PJRAUS wrote:

ehr400 wrote:
They are working on getting the small diesel for NA market. Problem is VW and Fiat have left shit stains a mile long in the EPA's...
They are working on getting the small diesel for NA market. Problem is VW and Fiat have left shit stains a mile long in the EPA's eyes so now there are even more hoops to jump thru for manufacturers.

Sounds like a 2.7 ecoboost is one engine and the 2.3 4Cyl ecoboost from the mustang will be the other. Similar if not the same engine choices will be available for the Bronco as well.
Mine's a 3.2L 5 cylinder diesel

Post a reply to: Ford dealer trying to tempt me!

The Latest