For Those That Complain About The C Class Sandbagging At LL...

Zoom
Edited Date/Time 8/5/2016 7:45pm
Couple of things to remember...

-None of the riders in the C class at Loretta's have ever been to Loretta's. Its their first time at the ranch. Once you have been to Loretta's in any class, you can never come back in the C class.
-If a rider does not point out (RPV) of the C class by the end of the year, they are eligible for the C class the entire next year. Some of these kids are pretty good, and they do nothing else by ride, race and train up to Loretta's in August. Don't forget, most of them are 13-16, They get a lot faster between January and August. I have training a few of them and they take it very serious.

This year was not a cake walk for any of them in the C class so far. There are two more titles up for grabs on Saturday, but check out the moto finishes for the following two C class champions so far.

250 C Jr. title was won with a 6th, 3rd and a 5th.

450 C title was won with a 7th, 5th and a 5th.

Hard to make a case for sandbagging with those finishes.

P.S. Yes, I know there were some muddy races this year. Out of the 3 moto's run for these two class, they each had one sloppy mess. The other two were just gnarly rough and rutted.
|
Nielsen277
8/5/2016 8:12pm
Holy cow, won the title with a 7th and 5th heading into the last moto, kid must have been so stoked when he realized he won hahaha.
kkawboy14
8/5/2016 8:17pm
B Class winner straight to pro? Makes sense since there is no sandbagging allowed
Zoom
8/5/2016 8:20pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
B Class winner straight to pro? Makes sense since there is no sandbagging allowed
Several of those B class winners are 14-16 year old. Do you really think they should go straight from 85's/Supermini's to the A class?

The Shop

HackMan162
8/5/2016 8:31pm
The problem I have, is NO C-class rider should be training full time. Get your butt back in school until there "might" be a chance you are going to make it... e.g. winning the B class at LL.
MotoX85
8/5/2016 9:50pm
4 years at a training facility to race the beginner class. That is what people have problems with today. The sandbagging is even worse now than it ever has been.

People have a problem with the C class at Lorettas because in the AMA rule book the C class is the beginner class, not the "never been to Lorettas" class.

Beginner class national champion - Has a nice ring to it.

I just do not understand the racing mentality today, when I first started racing we did everything we could so we COULD move up, now everyone does everything they can NOT to move up.

People do understand that the guy who got last in the B class, BEAT the guy who got first in the C class right.

Beginner class......., C class is the beginner class, it makes me roll over laughing that the beginner national champ, thanks his sponsors, his trainer, his mechanic, 3 training facilities and several A riders that he rides with.

This from a beginner.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
8/5/2016 10:03pm
Isn't the rule that they can't race for more than 2 years to be eligible for the C class?

I also enjoyed the C Stock winner thanking RaceTech for his fast motor.... whoops
JeepnMike
8/5/2016 11:00pm
I am sure it is the same in many sports, but I can tell you BMX is no different. Just younger kids, potentially learning awful behaviors.
8/5/2016 11:40pm
What is the point of having classes if the B riders are going pro. It doesn't make any goddamn sense.
philG
8/6/2016 12:15am
I dont get it at all... If you aren't in A class, you are wasting your time. If it's about age make it 14-16 A.. C class is just that C.. The guy who wins should be lapping slower than the guy who finishes last in B.
dboivin
8/6/2016 12:24am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2016 12:25am
i payed attention to C class this year. watched the races and watched lap times. I will say this, they looked like C riders. lap times were definitely slower. But what really stood out was the top 5 gooning in this years races compared to super fast B type riders winning it like the past. Although i don't really agree with a C class, i think they are doing better at filtering out the baggers.
Jrewing
8/6/2016 12:43am
MotoX85 wrote:
4 years at a training facility to race the beginner class. That is what people have problems with today. The sandbagging is even worse now than...
4 years at a training facility to race the beginner class. That is what people have problems with today. The sandbagging is even worse now than it ever has been.

People have a problem with the C class at Lorettas because in the AMA rule book the C class is the beginner class, not the "never been to Lorettas" class.

Beginner class national champion - Has a nice ring to it.

I just do not understand the racing mentality today, when I first started racing we did everything we could so we COULD move up, now everyone does everything they can NOT to move up.

People do understand that the guy who got last in the B class, BEAT the guy who got first in the C class right.

Beginner class......., C class is the beginner class, it makes me roll over laughing that the beginner national champ, thanks his sponsors, his trainer, his mechanic, 3 training facilities and several A riders that he rides with.

This from a beginner.
Should be a body fat check and if you're under a % your B..
Or check stool samples and has to be Beer and Hotdogs in it
Starcrossed
8/6/2016 12:44am
I get the impression that the class structure for Lorettas has the effect of reducing turnout for many local events. Lots of prospective LL racers seem to avoid local events so that they won't be forced up to the next class. For example, I have noticed that fewer and fewer of the names of the competitors from my region are familiar to me through the local scene, whereas in years past I would have been familiar with most of the New England kids who were racing at Lorettas. It seems they are getting their experience primarily through the training facilities and don't get involved in the local racing scene at all. They fly under the radar as long as they can, which ultimately becomes the competition to stay in a lower class.
8/6/2016 1:27am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2016 1:29am
dboivin wrote:
i payed attention to C class this year. watched the races and watched lap times. I will say this, they looked like C riders. lap times...
i payed attention to C class this year. watched the races and watched lap times. I will say this, they looked like C riders. lap times were definitely slower. But what really stood out was the top 5 gooning in this years races compared to super fast B type riders winning it like the past. Although i don't really agree with a C class, i think they are doing better at filtering out the baggers.
^^^^^^^ that's what I have observed too.
Not too long ago, some of the "C" riders looked like they could win local Pro races....

C might be the "lowest" class at LL, but calling it a "Beginner" class might be a bit of a misnomer....
The C class at LL is more like "Novice" class (based on Beginner, Novice, Intermediate, Pro) or a "Junior" class (Beg. & Nov. combined).
I've always thought of LL as
A = Pro (or soon to be Pro)
B = Intermediate
C = Novice or Junior

Just the qualifying process to get there would get you "True-Beginner Bumped."
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
8/6/2016 3:12am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2016 3:13am
I get the impression that the class structure for Lorettas has the effect of reducing turnout for many local events. Lots of prospective LL racers seem...
I get the impression that the class structure for Lorettas has the effect of reducing turnout for many local events. Lots of prospective LL racers seem to avoid local events so that they won't be forced up to the next class. For example, I have noticed that fewer and fewer of the names of the competitors from my region are familiar to me through the local scene, whereas in years past I would have been familiar with most of the New England kids who were racing at Lorettas. It seems they are getting their experience primarily through the training facilities and don't get involved in the local racing scene at all. They fly under the radar as long as they can, which ultimately becomes the competition to stay in a lower class.
There is the problem. Most of the C class riders at LL are B and a I have seen a few run A classes at local events. When it comes time for the LLQ's they drop back to C class. I know a lady that reported a few from our local bunch. She couldn't find result sheets to prove it so MXsports said they were sorry but nothing they could do without proof.
It is far from a beginners class, I agree. However in reality it does seem impossible to police it.
Flip109
8/6/2016 3:24am
MxKing809 wrote:
Isn't the rule that they can't race for more than 2 years to be eligible for the C class? I also enjoyed the C Stock winner...
Isn't the rule that they can't race for more than 2 years to be eligible for the C class?

I also enjoyed the C Stock winner thanking RaceTech for his fast motor.... whoops
Lmao! That's awesome
de883zx
8/6/2016 3:29am
Same issue every year. They should only allow d class or beginner riders from local fair races. Like Brandon. That's a beginner in my book. FYI on race tech engines there legit. http://www.racetech.com/page/id/155
8/6/2016 3:36am
BTW: Not really related, but the guy that won 450 C class this year was on a YZ 250 two-stroke....
brocster
8/6/2016 4:08am
You are not considered a "thief" until you get caught stealing. To say that theses guys are novice or even worse beginners is laughable...

gharmon
8/6/2016 4:12am
MxKing809 wrote:
Isn't the rule that they can't race for more than 2 years to be eligible for the C class? I also enjoyed the C Stock winner...

I thought I heard Matthes say on the last podcast that race tech was now doing engines?
hvaughn88
8/6/2016 4:35am
MxKing809 wrote:

gharmon wrote:
I thought I heard Matthes say on the last podcast that race tech was now doing engines?
I think you're missing the point
Lance L
8/6/2016 4:45am
The bigger question is why is there even a C class national champion?
8/6/2016 5:03am
MxKing809 wrote:

Not to be a dick, MxKing809, but RaceTech does offer engine services now. Who knows if he's using them, but it's possible.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
8/6/2016 5:16am
MxKing809 wrote:

Not to be a dick, MxKing809, but RaceTech does offer engine services now. Who knows if he's using them, but it's possible.
Goin right over your head bro
8/6/2016 5:23am
MxKing809 wrote:

Dirtydeeds wrote:
Goin right over your head bro
Nooo, I got it now haha. It's been a long week. I'd like to thank Red Bull for my performance in the stock class at work right now...
kkawboy14
8/6/2016 5:25am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Zoom wrote:
Several of those B class winners are 14-16 year old. Do you really think they should go straight from 85's/Supermini's to the A class?
Well they went straight to the B class and won that!
If they are Pro Speed which is what the classes are for, speed not age, then yes they should be in the A class.

14-16 age group could be their second class
philG
8/6/2016 5:31am
LL should be like the Olympics, if you are good enough you win, if you arent , you dont , if you are young, your time will come, its not like its not an annual event.

There should only be champions crowned in A classes , or age related classes.
8/6/2016 5:33am
I dont care how fast they actually are, if you win the c class you can only claim to be the fastest shit cunt.... Want some real bragging rights step up.

Post a reply to: For Those That Complain About The C Class Sandbagging At LL...

The Latest