Footage of RD & Mom Walking back

8/31/2011 10:07pm
jhansen510 wrote:
Do you not think so? Can you think of many situations like that since you have been an mx fan? Also I am assuming he took...
Do you not think so? Can you think of many situations like that since you have been an mx fan? Also I am assuming he took his goggles off because he watched the pack tear away while he sat there with no bike. Goose either went back to transporter to check bike and took goggles with him in a frenzy or Dungey didnt want the original goggles because of rain/start roost and grabbed the spare/or originals whichever they were when goose showed backup with the bike just as he was about to pull his helmet and tell suzuki to go F!&$ themselves.
I mean there's no doubt that it was the best ride of the year. But dungey is a legend now?
What makes a legend in mx? Titles? Multiple race wins? Rookie titles? Rookie race wins? Persona? Determination? Longevity? Hype? Who are legends to you? RC, Bailey...
What makes a legend in mx? Titles? Multiple race wins? Rookie titles? Rookie race wins? Persona? Determination? Longevity? Hype?

Who are legends to you? RC, Bailey, Hannah, Decoster etc. certainly are.

What about Windham, Lechien, Bradshaw, Lusk etc?

What about Reynard, Roncada, Pastrana, Mataisevich etc.?

What about Factory Phil, Larry Ward, Hughes, Antunez etc?

The only limiting factors in my mind that either of the Ryans aren't quite legends are time and nostalgia. They'll both be legends. Stamp it!
EXACTLY, he isn't old enough to be a legend, I just now consider Ricky a legend. IMO when riders are still racing they are only as good as there last race and are only racers. Once they've retired for a few years then maybe. You consider Roncada a legend?
captmoto
8/31/2011 10:13pm
Did anyone else notice there was still an issue witht the bike? It stalled and they were trying to bump start it. Was it a bump start of kick start?
8/31/2011 10:29pm
captmoto wrote:
Did anyone else notice there was still an issue witht the bike? It stalled and they were trying to bump start it. Was it a bump...
Did anyone else notice there was still an issue witht the bike? It stalled and they were trying to bump start it. Was it a bump start of kick start?
No we missed that. Thank you!
8/31/2011 10:50pm
I mean there's no doubt that it was the best ride of the year. But dungey is a legend now?
What makes a legend in mx? Titles? Multiple race wins? Rookie titles? Rookie race wins? Persona? Determination? Longevity? Hype? Who are legends to you? RC, Bailey...
What makes a legend in mx? Titles? Multiple race wins? Rookie titles? Rookie race wins? Persona? Determination? Longevity? Hype?

Who are legends to you? RC, Bailey, Hannah, Decoster etc. certainly are.

What about Windham, Lechien, Bradshaw, Lusk etc?

What about Reynard, Roncada, Pastrana, Mataisevich etc.?

What about Factory Phil, Larry Ward, Hughes, Antunez etc?

The only limiting factors in my mind that either of the Ryans aren't quite legends are time and nostalgia. They'll both be legends. Stamp it!
EXACTLY, he isn't old enough to be a legend, I just now consider Ricky a legend. IMO when riders are still racing they are only as...
EXACTLY, he isn't old enough to be a legend, I just now consider Ricky a legend. IMO when riders are still racing they are only as good as there last race and are only racers. Once they've retired for a few years then maybe. You consider Roncada a legend?
Roncada was one of the very few who at times had the speed of the world's best. At his peak he ran with guys like Stewart and Pastrana. It seems like he had a couple other brushes with greatness also but I can't remember. Did he ever battle with RC, Langston, or Reed indoors or out?

He's not an RC type legend, more like a Reynard in that he had world beater speed on occasion but didn't live up to his potential completely.

The Shop

ocscottie
8/31/2011 10:58pm
Roncada was one of the very few who at times had the speed of the world's best. At his peak he ran with guys like Stewart...
Roncada was one of the very few who at times had the speed of the world's best. At his peak he ran with guys like Stewart and Pastrana. It seems like he had a couple other brushes with greatness also but I can't remember. Did he ever battle with RC, Langston, or Reed indoors or out?

He's not an RC type legend, more like a Reynard in that he had world beater speed on occasion but didn't live up to his potential completely.
Remember Hangtown? (forget what year) He and RC really went at it, and if i remember correctly, RC was pissed and came in on him so hard in a turn the contact hurt (broke?) RonRons ankle. There is a youtube clip of it somewhere. Ill see if i can dig it up.
8/31/2011 11:04pm
ocscottie wrote:
Remember Hangtown? (forget what year) He and RC really went at it, and if i remember correctly, RC was pissed and came in on him so...
Remember Hangtown? (forget what year) He and RC really went at it, and if i remember correctly, RC was pissed and came in on him so hard in a turn the contact hurt (broke?) RonRons ankle. There is a youtube clip of it somewhere. Ill see if i can dig it up.
Vaguely, but I do remember RC getting angry with him. Roncada was really special on his good days. I'd be pumped to see that battle!
ocscottie
8/31/2011 11:10pm
ocscottie wrote:
Remember Hangtown? (forget what year) He and RC really went at it, and if i remember correctly, RC was pissed and came in on him so...
Vaguely, but I do remember RC getting angry with him. Roncada was really special on his good days. I'd be pumped to see that battle!
I see what i can do, There is also that killer vid of him and James going at it at the Vegas E vs W shootout.

...and i agree Ronron was (is) a badass!
8/31/2011 11:11pm
Antipodean wrote:
Who is mxprofessor?
kongols wrote:
Love this guy; however, he's the "professor". I want to know who the mxprofessor is.

Anybody?
dirtnapper
8/31/2011 11:18pm
ocscottie wrote:
Dungey already did something in his young 450 career that no rider has ever done in the history of the sport. (winning both titles his rookie...
Dungey already did something in his young 450 career that no rider has ever done in the history of the sport. (winning both titles his rookie year in the premier class)

That alone can, and will go down as "Legend" status.

When all is said and done, his incredible ride at Southwick is just something awesome to add to his list of accomplishments.
Very well said OC.

Dungey is just getting started - we'll have the priviledge of watching this guy for years to come.
jemcee
8/31/2011 11:26pm
man that was so cool.. got a bit misty when his mum saw the bike comin then just upped him "right, ya back in the farken race!! go son go" (I'm paraphrasing haha) I couldn't believe it took a bit to start again ha that would've been murder for goose to watch
he had to stop the bike though didn't he? Isn't it the rules that the rider has to start it? or something like that
then him flyin up the start straight just no doubt thinking "right, time to do work"
then the crowd cheering him on... brilliant
8/31/2011 11:27pm
jemcee wrote:
man that was so cool.. got a bit misty when his mum saw the bike comin then just upped him "right, ya back in the farken...
man that was so cool.. got a bit misty when his mum saw the bike comin then just upped him "right, ya back in the farken race!! go son go" (I'm paraphrasing haha) I couldn't believe it took a bit to start again ha that would've been murder for goose to watch
he had to stop the bike though didn't he? Isn't it the rules that the rider has to start it? or something like that
then him flyin up the start straight just no doubt thinking "right, time to do work"
then the crowd cheering him on... brilliant
No the starting the bike rule is only for when they are on the track, he just stalled it.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
8/31/2011 11:38pm
That was one of the best vids I've seen all year. Hell. Ever.
8/31/2011 11:53pm
Antipodean wrote:
Love this guy; however, he's the "professor". I want to know who the mxprofessor is.

Anybody?
I think you mean this guy. Same guy who's youtube channel the dungey vid in this thread came from.

Jefro98
8/31/2011 11:55pm
ocscottie wrote:
I see what i can do, There is also that killer vid of him and James going at it at the Vegas E vs W shootout...
I see what i can do, There is also that killer vid of him and James going at it at the Vegas E vs W shootout.

...and i agree Ronron was (is) a badass!
I was there. Vegas SX 2004.
The crowd went crazy. Epic battle.
Chad Reed got his first SX championship that night.
A night I will never forget.
9/1/2011 12:06am
I think you mean this guy. Same guy who's youtube channel the dungey vid in this thread came from.

Thanks, T'n'T. I guess the next question is, who shot the Ryan and Mum video?
kiwifan
9/1/2011 12:48am
& mounting back on the bike. Can only imagine what those two were saying
hmmmmmmmm obviously had major starting problems.....even when Goose rode it down it still wouldnt start right eh?
JB 19
9/1/2011 12:59am
Looks like a pretty surreal moment. I was at Pontiac in 02' in RC wadded up on the first lap and started about a half lap down and was going over the triples trying to rip his broken visor off......it was pandemonium watching RC catch the pack and then almost win........and that is after he crashed out of A1. ........although much different in stature, you would swear Ryan and Ricky were cut from the same mold.

By the way, momma Dungey looks pretty intense her self.
Stephon
9/1/2011 1:37am
The more I see, the more I like - Dungey & Co. Great clip!
burnside
9/1/2011 3:35am
Great clip! He must have been buzzing those first few laps.

Look forward to seeing what Troy Adamatis & co will do with this story. Wouldn't be surprised to see this clip surface in the TV show!
therealjonon
9/1/2011 4:10am
ty159 wrote:
That was one of the most impressive rides I've ever seen. People bash RD for not being mentally tough, but that performance is the definition of...
That was one of the most impressive rides I've ever seen. People bash RD for not being mentally tough, but that performance is the definition of mental toughness! RD was clearly upset and frustrated, then here comes the bike, he gets on and turns that kind of performance. That my friends is FOCUS and getting in that race frame of mind in an instant! I get more and more impressed with RD as time goes by. I've been a Poto fan since his rookie season, but I wouldn't be disappointed if either RD or RV won the title this year. They are both deserving!!
good post
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
9/1/2011 4:10am
awsome footage, my favorite part is hearing the cheers when he takes off
therealjonon
9/1/2011 4:16am
I hope goose goes with him to KTM. great combination imo for the two.
ocscottie
9/1/2011 4:32am
Just to clear something up, at least in my opinion. As far as the whole "Legend" status goes, during their careers while still racing, they are building their "Legacy". What they leave behind and what they accomplish in their careers defines if they are/reach "legend" status...or not.

Or something like that, shit its 4am and i am a freakin zombie and could be totally off base and not make any sense at all.
G-man
9/1/2011 7:43am
Whoa—been in this sport for close to 40 yrs and that clip and the subsequent ride afterwards is one of the most impressive things I’ve ever seen. Woohoo

I look forward to seeing Ryan on the KTM—if there is anyone on the planet that can put the Orange machine on the top step of AMA racing it’s that guy!

Thanks for posting.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
9/1/2011 7:45am
Gman the legend! Pop's is out that way at Hovenweep National monument in Colorado at the moment, he doesn't have his Drz with him, just the 4 wheeler. Ya'll have any rides planned this month?
G-man
9/1/2011 8:08am
Hey Crash—good to hear from you. It’s still freaken HOT here. We just set a RECORD for the hottest month ever in AZ--112 AVERAGE! Evil

So no haven’t been riding dirt (got a streetbike, did you see my Laguna Seca pics) but we will be going up North this w/e to ride my FZ1 in the cool pines.

Maybe your pop would like to ride Seadoo’s—I have two if he’s interested.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
9/1/2011 8:11am
Cool man, I'll ask him tonight. Thanks.
jasonv43
9/1/2011 8:14am
ocscottie wrote:
Just to clear something up, at least in my opinion. As far as the whole "Legend" status goes, during their careers while still racing, they are...
Just to clear something up, at least in my opinion. As far as the whole "Legend" status goes, during their careers while still racing, they are building their "Legacy". What they leave behind and what they accomplish in their careers defines if they are/reach "legend" status...or not.

Or something like that, shit its 4am and i am a freakin zombie and could be totally off base and not make any sense at all.
Actually Scottie, I think you are thinking of the movie with Tom Cruise and that one chick that was hott and was also in Ferris Bueler's Day Off.

Post a reply to: Footage of RD & Mom Walking back

The Latest