Footage of RD & Mom Walking back

bq_365
8/31/2011 7:37pm
That video just has to make you smile a little.
manering
8/31/2011 7:37pm
looks like he was undoing his helmet strap just before he saw the bike coming, must have thought its over..
sdfog1
8/31/2011 7:38pm
Goosebumps were had watching this. Awesome. The part where he finally gets it started and takes off, it makes you want to cheer for him through the computer screen. Ha. Good thing his mom made him keep his helmet on!
CR250Rider
8/31/2011 7:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2011 7:40pm
yak651 wrote:
Thought Goose said it started right back up after the stall...Just think if he would've had his googles on, ready to go and didn't stall the...
Thought Goose said it started right back up after the stall...Just think if he would've had his googles on, ready to go and didn't stall the bike, he could've caught up to RV! That would've been a Chuck Norris moment
had to be 20 seconds lost right there

The Shop

Hut
8/31/2011 7:44pm
Great video even from that distant shot you can really see the emotion. Good stuff
I don't know how anyone feels but I sure don't feel any less about Goose after this. He still has to be one of if not the best mechanic ever.
8/31/2011 7:47pm
Hut wrote:
Great video even from that distant shot you can really see the emotion. Good stuff I don't know how anyone feels but I sure don't feel...
Great video even from that distant shot you can really see the emotion. Good stuff
I don't know how anyone feels but I sure don't feel any less about Goose after this. He still has to be one of if not the best mechanic ever.
4 strokes are so unpredictable you really have no idea when shit like this is gonna happen. If it was a 2 stroke, then it would be a problem.
8/31/2011 7:51pm
It just verifies everything I seen from him and his family…………….
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
8/31/2011 7:51pm
Wandell wrote:
Dungey's status in this sport just changed from "champion" to "legend". People will tell the story of Dungey's performance at Southwick to their children and grandchildren...
Dungey's status in this sport just changed from "champion" to "legend". People will tell the story of Dungey's performance at Southwick to their children and grandchildren for generations. Truely one of the great moments in MX history.
Are you serious?
Do you not think so? Can you think of many situations like that since you have been an mx fan? Also I am assuming he took his goggles off because he watched the pack tear away while he sat there with no bike. Goose either went back to transporter to check bike and took goggles with him in a frenzy or Dungey didnt want the original goggles because of rain/start roost and grabbed the spare/or originals whichever they were when goose showed backup with the bike just as he was about to pull his helmet and tell suzuki to go F!&$ themselves.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
8/31/2011 7:53pm
Hut wrote:
Great video even from that distant shot you can really see the emotion. Good stuff I don't know how anyone feels but I sure don't feel...
4 strokes are so unpredictable you really have no idea when shit like this is gonna happen. If it was a 2 stroke, then it would...
4 strokes are so unpredictable you really have no idea when shit like this is gonna happen. If it was a 2 stroke, then it would be a problem.
Yep they never ever had weird one off electrical problems on two strokes. I actually have less problems with my 4 strokes than I had on my 2 strokes.....
Hut
8/31/2011 8:02pm
jhansen510 wrote:
Yep they never ever had weird one off electrical problems on two strokes. I actually have less problems with my 4 strokes than I had on...
Yep they never ever had weird one off electrical problems on two strokes. I actually have less problems with my 4 strokes than I had on my 2 strokes.....
I haven't had many problems with my 2 strokes, but honestly with all this new high tech stuff, fuel pumps and injectors and all it's bound to bring more problems.
8/31/2011 8:03pm
So great to see that! It's cool to see people on this board coming around on him after Southwick! I hope he stays mad and whoops the field this weekend.
raddad
8/31/2011 8:04pm
Hut wrote:
4 strokes are so unpredictable you really have no idea when shit like this is gonna happen. If it was a 2 stroke, then it would...
jhansen510 wrote:
Yep they never ever had weird one off electrical problems on two strokes. I actually have less problems with my 4 strokes than I had on...
me too, not to mention they always fouled a plug just when the 2 minute board goes up! Nope those things were no more reliable, if anything much much less especially in mud/sand/rain when clutch use is even more of a factor.. and that's 30+ years of racing experience talkingSmile

But back to Ryan, I guess that last race only motivated him to go into kill mode!
Igy
8/31/2011 8:26pm
Very cool footage. Listen closely to the audio at the beginning of the clip.

And, anyway, why's he goin' so fast for a parade lap? LOL! JK, Weege.
dboivin
8/31/2011 8:33pm
usually mechanic has the race goggles. rider takes his hot lap goggles to the line (no tear offs). guessing this is why goose had the gogs. specially on a rain/mud day...at least most handled it this way when i wrenched.
8/31/2011 8:56pm
Wandell wrote:
Dungey's status in this sport just changed from "champion" to "legend". People will tell the story of Dungey's performance at Southwick to their children and grandchildren...
Dungey's status in this sport just changed from "champion" to "legend". People will tell the story of Dungey's performance at Southwick to their children and grandchildren for generations. Truely one of the great moments in MX history.
Are you serious?
jhansen510 wrote:
Do you not think so? Can you think of many situations like that since you have been an mx fan? Also I am assuming he took...
Do you not think so? Can you think of many situations like that since you have been an mx fan? Also I am assuming he took his goggles off because he watched the pack tear away while he sat there with no bike. Goose either went back to transporter to check bike and took goggles with him in a frenzy or Dungey didnt want the original goggles because of rain/start roost and grabbed the spare/or originals whichever they were when goose showed backup with the bike just as he was about to pull his helmet and tell suzuki to go F!&$ themselves.
I mean there's no doubt that it was the best ride of the year. But dungey is a legend now?
tbanks
8/31/2011 8:58pm
Great vid.......that was a historic moment that will be talked about for ages.......especially if he wins the title
jeffro503
8/31/2011 9:03pm
Stood the hairs on my neck strait up watching that vid!!! Impressive to say the least.
jimmie
8/31/2011 9:08pm
Had to watch that footage like 6 times, PDC...

pretty dang coolWink
8/31/2011 9:11pm
Pure motocross passion.

I've sat down in the dirt and almost cried for missing a stupid Vet B moto. This kid is a legend in the making. Props.
Jeffmx
8/31/2011 9:17pm
Not a huge Dung fan, but that is very impressive. Great video.
motokawi818
8/31/2011 9:19pm
Dont really like Dungey but mad props for his ride!! Big sway of emotions from not having a ride to just gotta go balls to the walls!!
8/31/2011 9:24pm
Are you serious?
jhansen510 wrote:
Do you not think so? Can you think of many situations like that since you have been an mx fan? Also I am assuming he took...
I mean there's no doubt that it was the best ride of the year. But dungey is a legend now?
What makes a legend in mx? Titles? Multiple race wins? Rookie titles? Rookie race wins? Persona? Determination? Longevity? Hype?

Who are legends to you? RC, Bailey, Hannah, Decoster etc. certainly are.

What about Windham, Lechien, Bradshaw, Lusk etc?

What about Reynard, Roncada, Pastrana, Mataisevich etc.?

What about Factory Phil, Larry Ward, Hughes, Antunez etc?

The only limiting factors in my mind that either of the Ryans aren't quite legends are time and nostalgia. They'll both be legends. Stamp it!
ocscottie
8/31/2011 9:29pm
That video should be titled, "The Moment" Cool

Great stuff!!! and thx for posting.
8/31/2011 9:36pm
Wait a fuckin minute...last year everybody waas saying how CLEARLY the suzuki was the best bike. no DNFs. handles so good even reed said so blah blah blah. now you same people are downing Suzuki. kick em while their down. YOU should be concerned with Honda. I wonder if Reed is that gung ho riding Hondas jock after it spit him off, then blew up. they need to fix that chassis before it sabotages another honda championship run.
ocscottie
8/31/2011 9:39pm
Dungey already did something in his young 450 career that no rider has ever done in the history of the sport. (winning both titles his rookie year in the premier class)

That alone can, and will go down as "Legend" status.

When all is said and done, his incredible ride at Southwick is just something awesome to add to his list of accomplishments.
stillwelding
8/31/2011 10:06pm
GONE! [img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/Gsx-r600/gone.png[/img]
GONE!
Can't wait for that on, "The Moto: Inside the Outdoors"

Post a reply to: Footage of RD & Mom Walking back

The Latest